Fruit Juice Jello

jzeno

Ingredients:
  • 1 Tablespoon unflavored gelatin (one envelope)
  • 2 cups juice
Instructions:
  1. In a medium bowl sprinkle gelatin over 1/2 cup cold juice and let stand for 5 minutes.
  2. Heat remaining 1 1/2 cups of juice to just below boiling and add to the bowl, stirring until dissolved.
  3. Pour into dessert glasses and chill for 3 hours.

Yum.

CrystalClear

I think it's a great idea. I grow strawberries and blackberries but won't eat them because of the seeds. Instead, I extract the juice and make jelly with beef gelatin and lots of sugar and enjoy eating them that way.

Waremu

I used to make a similar recipe, but I would add sugar to the fruit juice so that it was more calorically dense relative to the liquid content in the jello. I think it was half a cup of sugar tot h 2 cups of fruit juice. I would also add an extra envelope of gelatin to increase the protein content per slice. It didn't taste sweet enough to me without the sugar. I could I guess in theory use more fruit juice to make it sweeter, but that would be more liquid than I would want. So I just add the sugar. The blueberry juice ones and the strawberry juice ones were my favorite!

dudinator

I used to make a similar recipe, but I would add sugar to the fruit juice so that it was more calorically dense relative to the liquid content in the jello. I think it was half a cup of sugar tot h 2 cups of fruit juice. I would also add an extra envelope of gelatin to increase the protein content per slice. It didn't taste sweet enough to me without the sugar. I could I guess in theory use more fruit juice to make it sweeter, but that would be more liquid than I would want. So I just add the sugar. The blueberry juice ones and the strawberry juice ones were my favorite!
Why not simply get concentrate juice, which has been shown to have less pesticides on this forum somewhere, and dilute the concentrate less? Nothing wrong with sugar, but I'm a lazy man, and that would be my solution.

I use concentrated frozen juice, sugar, and 1/4 cup of gelatin, with a little water. The gelatin comes out very stiff and more like gummie bears, and is more enjoyable to eat and more gelatin-dense.

Birdie

Ingredients:
  • 1 Tablespoon unflavored gelatin (one envelope)
  • 2 cups juice
Instructions:
  1. In a medium bowl sprinkle gelatin over 1/2 cup cold juice and let stand for 5 minutes.
  2. Heat remaining 1 1/2 cups of juice to just below boiling and add to the bowl, stirring until dissolved.
  3. Pour into dessert glasses and chill for 3 hours.

Yum.
Thanks. We used to have oj jello every day. But my husband rebelled a couple of years ago.
I'm just using gelatin in my cooking now, but would like to try jello again using another juice.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Hans Fruit Juice And Triglycerides Articles & Scientific Studies 14
K How’s A Meat, Egg And Fruit Juice Diet? Ask For Help or Advice 9
GreekDemiGod Not Doing Well On High Fruit | Juice Intake Diet 45
B Why I Will No Longer Consume Prepacked Fruit/fruit Juice Fruit Juice 30
yerrag Tropical Fruit Juice Yields, Masticating Vs. Centrifugal Juicers Fruit Juice 26
EndAllDisease Fresh Fruit Vs Fruit Juice Fruits & Fruit Juice 2
T Replacing Water With Fruit Juice (and More) Fruit Juice 28
B Is Diarrhea From Fruit Juice Cause By Bacterial Overgrowth? Fruit Juice 10
L Do You Get Over The Fruit/Orange Juice Blood Sugar Spike? Fruit Juice 17
Michael Mohn Does serotonin in fruit raise serotonin blood levels? Cortisol, Serotonin, Histamine 5
G Carbs—sugar, starch and fruit causing pimples Diet, Recipes 8
Atma 81 Year Old Woman Ate Fruit and Milk Diet for 27 Years Milk 58
Ben Stone Black Sapote ("Chocolate Pudding Fruit") > feedback on this most interesting Mexican fruit? Fruits & Fruit Juice 0
V Meat with fruit Diet 4
C Cordyceps militaris Fruit Body Extract increases testosterone and DHT secretion Scientific Studies 46
Hgreen56 Pasta Scores Lower Insulin Index Than Fruit Diet 13
ursidae Effects Of Fruit On Your Mental State Fruits 32
J Nervous/Anxious Energy After Eating Fruit - Blood Sugar Issues? Blood Sugar 9
Recoen Hypoglycemia With Fruit Blood Sugar 88
Brundle Would The Optimal Peat Diet Be Mostly Raw Animal Products And Fruit? Diet 38
Sefton10 Fruit Supplementation Reduces Indices Of Exercise-induced Muscle Damage: A Systematic Review And Met Exercise 0
C Noni Fruit Diet 1
Gadreel Feeling Congested After Drinking A Fruit Smoothie Diet 15
Jamesu How Important Is Fruit In Slowing Hairloss? Ask For Help or Advice 0
Tarmander Fruit Intermittent Fasting Discussing Dietary Models 34
gately Is There Anything Wrong With Combining Fruit And Meat? Diet, Recipes 25
A The Fruit -fructose Dillema Regarding Collagen ? Health 14
Such_Umami Fruit Causes Adrenaline Energy And Starch Produces Serotonin Energy Ask For Help or Advice 4
Lokzo Kiwi Fruit = Highly SEROTONIN Boosting? Fruits & Fruit Juice 16
Inaut How To Lose Stubborn Body Fat With A High Fruit Diet Fruits 3
D Savory Fruit Recipes 2
M Fruit Juit Remove Fats Diet 19
Cgj1 Tocovit V Botanical Craft - Palm Fruit Supplements 3
T Fruit's Impacts On The Liver Fruits 5
G Are There Any Concerns About Dried Fruit? Fruits 25
D Problems With Fruit Diet 9
A Rheumatoid Arthritis Managed With Fruit And Protein Diet Testimonials 84
Highserotonin90 I Don't Understand, We Should Eliminate Fruit Because Of Salicylate Toxic ? Fruits 2
postman What Happens To Fruit When We Cook Them? Fruits 5
Runenight201 Fruit And Sugar Sweets, Snacks 7
F So Pufas Free And More Fruit Is The Way To Go Diet, Recipes 25
Runenight201 Fruit Syrup In Canned Fruit Beverages, Fruits, Sugars 2
JustAGuy Question For People Who Thrive On Fruit Diet 34
T Tropical Vs. Non-Tropical Fruit Fruits 3
T Candida And Fruit/Sugar Viruses, Parasites, Fungus, Vaccines 35
T Fruit/Sugar And Candida Beverages, Fruits, Sugars 3
T Candida And Fruit/Sugar Hair & Nails 5
K If You Could Grow Any Fruit In A Greenhouse Fruits 3
M OJ + Milk Alternative: Fromage Blanc Or Skyr With Fruit Jam Diet, Recipes 10
Captain_Coconut What Is Peat's General Stance On Fruit Sugars Vs Sucrose Metabolism 44