Fruit Intermittent Fasting

ExCarniv

@Tarmander didn’t Ray Peat mention about using juice during “fasting” or long time between food as preferable to “fasting”? I clearly remember him stating that which supports this idea. Forgive me, but I can not remember which interview I heard him talk about it.

Yes he said 24hs fast every now and then is not that bad and talked about doing fruit fasts too, like 600-800 calories from sugars (fruits/honey/juices) per day.

postman

Yes he said 24hs fast every now and then is not that bad and talked about doing fruit fasts too, like 600-800 calories from sugars (fruits/honey/juices) per day.
do you remember where/when he said it?

lvysaur

This is pretty much what I do naturally already. Just eat fruit (or cooked veggies) when not hungry.

Not sure, never heard that.

Some are interested in being healthy. There are a few big fans of the podcast in there...mostly moms who have a lot of kids and have to solve "problems"

It is a small house church, maybe a couple dozen people max, and it was definitely off the radar. I was looking, going to different churches...most had a terrible feel and message. I do not understand how people can go to most churches these days. But I heard about this small group from my cousin who went...and they are all about love and have strong male leaders. It has really made a big difference in my health.

This reads like the description of a cult.

OP
Tarmander

Tarmander

This reads like the description of a cult.
usually cults are distinguished by their propensity to tear you down, make you think you cannot live without the cult/leader, and other stressful tactics to help you "break through" your resistance and the like. We build each other up and since going I have had all areas of my life improve.

usually cults are distinguished by their propensity to tear you down, make you think you cannot live without the cult/leader, and other stressful tactics to help you "break through" your resistance and the like. We build each other up and since going I have had all areas of my life improve.

I guess that's as good a reason as any to keep going.

The number one red flag is demanding financial support.

@Tarmander didn’t Ray Peat mention about using juice during “fasting” or long time between food as preferable to “fasting”? I clearly remember him stating that which supports this idea. Forgive me, but I can not remember which interview I heard him talk about it.

As I understand it (haven't listened to this episode), the primary purpose of a fast is to induce autophagy, not stress. Therefore, you want to exclude protein, but sugar is fine even great.

I recently did a 3 day fast. I had coffee in the morning and tea in the evening, both with lots of sugar. It was very easy compared to a previous 3 day fast where I did not do that. I barely felt hunger and my mind was clear almost the entire time. During the previous fast, I felt extremely weak and my mind was foggy. My body's ability to manage glycogen is much better now.

Lollipop2

Hi @Steven Bussinger, thanks for your reply. This makes sense:

“...the primary purpose of a fast is to induce autophagy, not stress. Therefore, you want to exclude protein, but sugar is fine even great.”

I agree! I am not a fast person, but it happens occasionally and naturally in the rhythm of life, ie...so busy that honestly do not have time to eat. I have done what you did, have coffees with half and half and sugar and juice. I didn’t even feel like I was not eating and I think it helps give my liver a small break.

Korven

I've been structuring my meals this way lately and I've really been enjoying it:

AM: Fruits, raw honey, cup of coffee, sometimes bone broth

PM: Milk, raw honey, meat, eggs

I feel lighter and have way more energy in the morning, and vice versa having more dense meals of protein/fat in the evening helps my sleep. Digestion is also improved by keeping fruits and animal products separated. Maybe there's some benefit to "intermittent protein restriction"?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals