Fruit Causing Mouth Irritation

Velve921

What would be the reason for fruit causing mouth irritation? A friend of mine has this issue.

If there is another thread on this matter my apologies for the repeat. If someone could copy and paste if it already exists that would be great.

Thanks!

Zachs

The fruit is most likely unripe. Unripe fruit is very irritating the the gut but also causes lots of allergic reactions including irritation of the mouth and throat.

Sometimes certain foods can make the roof of my mouth feel sore and swollen. I wonder what that does to my intestines :eek:

OP
Velve921

Velve921

Does anyone know anecdotally which fruits can cause an issue such as this specifically?

Sheila

Some people appear intolerant/allergic to pineapple and papaya and mango. I group them together because they are essentially tropical, but in the susceptible they will cause strong histamine reactions quickly. Some others might be susceptible but get merely 'soreness' as a result. Strawberries are a classic histamine generator (spots around the mouth in children if not full blown response) but I think there may also be a pesticide residue effect there too, strawbs, like tomatoes are heavily, heavily sprayed.

I have friends who can not tolerate citrus, quickly giving them mouth ulcers/general soreness and that is also from freshly squeezed orange (but I concede that does not mean it is necessarily ripe). I have considered this as a weak mucosa effect, rather than the fruit being an issue per se, and perhaps that is due to a wider inflammatory response or high cortisol exposure or both. They may also be mouth breathers which probably exacerbates, potentially Vit A deficient (usually drier, more inflamed mucous membranes, eyes would be in there too, plus light/dark accommodation issues) or any other variation of hypometabolism you care to consider - it's so difficult to tease out simple deficiencies without context, and even then....You might observe whether they have other weakened mucosa or fragility symptoms (easy bruising) which would make the response to fruit a general inflammatory response via irritation that is already systemically charged up. I think - dental disease aside - the mouth mucosa are a very good indicator of systemic health, as for example easy bruising and teeth bleeding and excess oestrogen are often connected. There again, some very sick people, never report those symptoms!!

FWIW.
Sheila

Luann

Stuff like oranges, maybe lemons, definitely pineapple, can cause those white stinging sores inside the mouth.

LucH

When you're overloaded with acids, the body sends a message : Stop this stuff. I can't manage any longer ...
When the tongue is prickeled / irritated, it time to change temporally (2 days) for starchy fruits (1 banana a day) or 1 pear (lowest in acids). No more than 2 fruits. temporally. better to stop / change your sugar sources for a while.

Bodhi

Some people appear intolerant/allergic to pineapple and papaya and mango. I group them together because they are essentially tropical, but in the susceptible they will cause strong histamine reactions quickly. Some others might be susceptible but get merely 'soreness' as a result. Strawberries are a classic histamine generator (spots around the mouth in children if not full blown response) but I think there may also be a pesticide residue effect there too, strawbs, like tomatoes are heavily, heavily sprayed.

I have friends who can not tolerate citrus, quickly giving them mouth ulcers/general soreness and that is also from freshly squeezed orange (but I concede that does not mean it is necessarily ripe). I have considered this as a weak mucosa effect, rather than the fruit being an issue per se, and perhaps that is due to a wider inflammatory response or high cortisol exposure or both. They may also be mouth breathers which probably exacerbates, potentially Vit A deficient (usually drier, more inflamed mucous membranes, eyes would be in there too, plus light/dark accommodation issues) or any other variation of hypometabolism you care to consider - it's so difficult to tease out simple deficiencies without context, and even then....You might observe whether they have other weakened mucosa or fragility symptoms (easy bruising) which would make the response to fruit a general inflammatory response via irritation that is already systemically charged up. I think - dental disease aside - the mouth mucosa are a very good indicator of systemic health, as for example easy bruising and teeth bleeding and excess oestrogen are often connected. There again, some very sick people, never report those symptoms!!

FWIW.
Sheila

Had ripe Pineapple the other day, but it was pretty sour, very sore mouth and teeth for a week...
Thanks so much for your reply i puts thinks in perspective for me and see that i am not there yet with my health...

Sheila

Dear Mr Bodhi
I have a feeling that sensitivity is a moving feast. By that I mean that sometimes one will react and sometimes one will not to what appears to be exactly the same stimulus - be it pineapple in your case, or someone who cut me up in traffic, or a supplement. If one can find something that one can react to, but not always, it can be a useful a) test to see how well one is going b) the canary in the coal mine - viz. "I am now reacting more, things are going South!" and one can take steps as appropriate. So, presuming we're not talking about ingesting plutonium or something truly harmful, it might not ultimately be the stimulus in question but how we are that is the rate determining step. A somewhat simpler example of all of this is very natural face creams. It has been my experience that some women react differently to the same cream depending where they are in their cycle, whether their skin is warm (and more histaminic through vasodilation) or wet (better absorption) and when the stars are aligned for them, there is no reaction at all. The bottom line appears to be, at least this is my current conclusion, the better the energy of that person, the less reactive they are - to all stimuli, but there will of course be a sliding scale to that as well.
I hope that helps some more. Sincerely,
Sheila

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals