Fruit And Vegetable Broth

Kray

Katty said:
Thanks Classicallady!
I only take a couple sips per day, and end up throwing out the rest after a week or so. Seems like such a waste, so I'll start freezing.

Ditto. :)

btw- Have you drunk enough yet to say that it's a good addition to your diet?

Katty

classicallady said:
Katty said:
Thanks Classicallady!
I only take a couple sips per day, and end up throwing out the rest after a week or so. Seems like such a waste, so I'll start freezing.

Ditto. :)

btw- Have you drunk enough yet to say that it's a good addition to your diet?

Not yet. I can't go crazy with liquids because they tend to make me cold/cooler. I just take a sip of it now and then, and though the veggie broth is tasty, coffee and oj are using up most of my liquid allowance for the day- so the veggie broth sits too long in the fridge. So I'm going to make a batch and possibly freeze it in an ice cube tray- then defrost a cube or two per day. Wish I knew how many minerals were in a batch- logging in cronometer shows I'm often low in potassium.

BingDing

Thanks Mittir and Blossom! It's great to find some new food.

I made it last week and peeled everything, and removed those hard seed pods from the apple. I didn't use any greens. My (over?) analytic brain said there are some nutrients in the broth and some in the solids, so why not eat both?

I had this gizmo for making french fries which worked good for really small cubes. Simmered covered in about three cups of water for 30 minutes.

I drained the solids and threw some butter into them and started mashing. They were thinner than potatoes alone and I tried a stick blender, which worked great. They reminded me of baby food as much as anything and are probably super easy to digest. Also delicious (with salt, of course).

I didn't even try the broth until yesterday when I used it to boil some potatoes. I noticed the bottom of the broth had what I think was potato starch. Straining through cotton might be good if anyone is trying to eat zero starch.

Next time I might try a lot less water and then blend everything with butter (and maybe milk) to make something like a chowder or potage.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals