Fruit and Loose Stools

ANDREW CHIN

Hello Everyone,
I've been trying to get most of my carbs with fruit. I'm currently consuming about 2 1/2 pieces of fresh fruit (apples, oranges), and about 2 oz of dried fruit per day (raisins, gojis). However, I'm experiencing loose stools.

What could be causing this? And does this get better with time as your body ramps up enzyme production? Please advise.

Thanks in advance!

TheSir

The dried fruits could end up pulling water into the intestines. Try dropping them and see if the situation improves. If it does, in the future you could soak them overnight before eating (they'll become much more tasty this way too). Moreover, considering the minimal amount of fruits you're eating, it'd be better to just eat fresh fruits.

Nomane Euger

Hello Everyone,
I've been trying to get most of my carbs with fruit. I'm currently consuming about 2 1/2 pieces of fresh fruit (apples, oranges), and about 2 oz of dried fruit per day (raisins, gojis). However, I'm experiencing loose stools.

What could be causing this? And does this get better with time as your body ramps up enzyme production? Please advise.

Thanks in advance!
Hi andrew,i eat whole fruits,oranges gave me loose stools at the start,and when i started to spit out any residual materials/fibers that didnt disolve and mix up with my saliva in my mouth after chewing and didnt taste edible,loose stools went away.also fruits that arnt enough ripe can give me loose stools

OP
A

ANDREW CHIN

Hi andrew,i eat whole fruits,oranges gave me loose stools at the start,and when i started to spit out any residual materials/fibers that didnt disolve and mix up with my saliva in my mouth after chewing and didnt taste edible,loose stools went away.also fruits that arnt enough ripe can give me loose stools
Thanks, Nomane!

OP
A

ANDREW CHIN

The dried fruits could end up pulling water into the intestines. Try dropping them and see if the situation improves. If it does, in the future you could soak them overnight before eating (they'll become much more tasty this way too). Moreover, considering the minimal amount of fruits you're eating, it'd be better to just eat fresh fruits.
Very interesting. Makes sense about the dried fruit pulling water into the intestines. I'll try presoaking, too. :)

Hello Everyone,

Thanks in advance!
Ray Peat says to always have fruit with a protein. Having fruit alone is great for relieving constipation.