Fructose Is NOT Metabolized By The Liver But The Small Intestines

Mauritio

This should give food for thought to people (e.g. Lustig)that say fructose is almost exactly metabolized like alcohol and hence is as toxic as alcohol. Most fructose doesn't even reach the liver ,says this study.

Mouse study reveals what happens in the gut after too much fructose

Researchers report that in mice, fructose, a sugar found in fruit, is processed mainly in the small intestine, not in the liver as had previously been suspected. Sugary drinks and processed high-sugar foods overwhelm the small intestine and spill into the liver for processing. Additionally, the authors learned that the ability of the small intestine to process fructose is higher after a meal.

J

jb116

These studies use crazy amounts of the fructose component, like 60 to 70%. Theres really no real-world parallel here. Also alcohol is nothing like fructose metabolically speaking. What was that in reference to?

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

These studies use crazy amounts of the fructose component, like 60 to 70%. Theres really no real-world parallel here. Also alcohol is nothing like fructose metabolically speaking. What was that in reference to?
The amounts are secondary .
What really is important is the fact that fructose is almost exclusively metabolized in the gut ! Did you know that? I didn't. That's why thought it was worthy of posting ...

Lustig is a professor i think who got a lot attention claiming how evil fructose is .

tankasnowgod

Robert Lustig is famous for claiming Fructose is alcohol without the buzz. It's even in the title of this article on a pubmed search-

Fructose: it's "alcohol without the buzz". - PubMed - NCBI

J

jb116

The amounts are secondary .
What really is important is the fact that fructose is almost exclusively metabolized in the gut ! Did you know that? I didn't. That's why thought it was worthy of posting ...

Lustig is a professor i think who got a lot attention claiming how evil fructose is .

Ah that's funny because it goes against the idea that fructose will burden the liver. Any fat, saturated at that, made there should be helpful against liver issues. As Peat as pointed out the use of saturated fatty acids to combat cirrhosis, etc. But that is good news about the gut! It and Vit A have helped me a ton in my past to get over crohns.

Robert Lustig is famous for claiming Fructose is alcohol without the buzz. It's even in the title of this article on a pubmed search-

Fructose: it's "alcohol without the buzz". - PubMed - NCBI

Wow how comedic
He does reference the studies that essentially use unworldly amounts. It's a giant leap. And to say it mimics alcohol is hilarious. Alcohol increases free CoA thereby putting one in a catabolic reductive state. Fructose does the opposite. One of the reasons you see quite a bit of skinny-fat alcoholics.

Ah that's funny because it goes against the idea that fructose will burden the liver. Any fat, saturated at that, made there should be helpful against liver issues. As Peat as pointed out the use of saturated fatty acids to combat cirrhosis, etc. But that is good news about the gut! It and Vit A have helped me a ton in my past to get over crohns.

Wow how comedic
He does reference the studies that essentially use unworldly amounts. It's a giant leap. And to say it mimics alcohol is hilarious. Alcohol increases free CoA thereby putting one in a catabolic reductive state. Fructose does the opposite. One of the reasons you see quite a bit of skinny-fat alcoholics.
Fructose can even accelerate the metabolism of alcohol. Have no idea where Lustig got the idea that it is alcohol without the buzz from.

J

jb116

Fructose can even accelerate the metabolism of alcohol. Have no idea where Lustig got the idea that it is alcohol without the buzz from.
Good point.
Looking through what he had to say, and studies he cites, he actually sounds like an idiot.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals