Fructose Induces Copper And Ceruloplasmin Deficiency?

Ella

Forum Supporter
Ray is very cautious about supplements in general. He would suggest liver and seafood for copper I am sure.

That's right. Food over supplements - less risk of causing imbalances. Not saying that imbalances won't occur with foods; you can still **** it up. If you were going to add liver to the diet, then I would make sure oysters, beef/lamb and gelatin were in there as liver can be extremely rich source of copper, but then you could eat lots of sweet fruit and sugar, which should not turn out to be the devil incarnate. And then you may need to add loads of calcium or coffee to address the iron issue if you are male or a non-cycling female.

In whole foods, iron is often opposed by the beneficial organic versions of manganese, copper and zinc. Those micronutrients help maintain iron homeostasis and promote the formation of MnSOD in our mitochondria—one of the human body’s most powerful antioxidants against oxidative damage from iron.

So many nuances to be aware of.

Dr Peat mentioned he stopped supplementing way back in the 1970s. Always ahead of his time.

Luann

I see this is a year-old thread, but relevant. I think I have dealt with on-off symptoms of low copper for the last few years. Although I haven't taken the supplements regularly.

And I'm wondering if for me and others like this, it might just help to eat less fructose.

It's known that 'oral replacement' is less effective for some copper deficient people than others. What if you could improve its availability through change of diet? Most of us are probably eating well above the average amount of sugars (fructose). Is it worth it to shift toward sat fats, starch, and protein for a bit?

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals