Fructmal And Serotonin

Dutchie

Lately I think I'm kinda putting pieces of the puzzle together why sugar,wheat and other fructans but most of all high free-fructose foods are so addicting(& easily cause overeating) to me as they temporarily 'give me blissful feeling' , yet I also experience lots of constipation,bloated belly.
When I read about fructose/fructan malabsorption it also stated anxiety,depression,hypoglycemia,general fatigue,sleep issues as symptoms bc vitamins&minerals don't get taken up well bc of this.....amongst other also derives trypthofan,melatonin which makes the conversion to serotonin even harder,hence leading to more cravings 'to elevate ones mood' bc of the lack of tryptophan&melatonin towards serotonin.

I know Ray wrote a lot about serotonin and actually having too much of it in the gut,but I wonder if I might've indeed too little.... (I sometimes really crave banana,chicken....from what I gathered they're high in tryptophan).

What do you think about it? or are there people who suffer from fructmal here?bc it seems like it'd make most of Peats dietary advices go out of the window....

cliff

What makes you think you have fructmal? Can you tolerate white sugar? If you have gut issues you likely have elevated serotonin

Rachel

Dutchie said:
When I read about fructose/fructan malabsorption it also stated anxiety,depression,hypoglycemia,general fatigue,sleep issues as symptoms bc vitamins&minerals don't get taken up well bc of this.....amongst other also derives trypthofan,melatonin which makes the conversion to serotonin even harder,hence leading to more cravings 'to elevate ones mood' bc of the lack of tryptophan&melatonin towards serotonin.
Well... perhaps... you're really craving banana or chicken simply because you want banana or chicken.
And serotonin does not elevate one's mood.
So that bit goes out of the window... :)