From the Epoch Times: Cancer is a metabolic disease, so... fast and keep carbs low

OP
Elie

Elie

Forum Supporter
I didn’t look at the article, as I already believe that sugar, starch and other carbohydrates feed cancer, as they are all sugar sources, but sugar and carbs do not create cancer.
Carbs feed cancer?
I understand, from all that has been shared here, that cells are stuck in glycolysis and supporting with thiamin, pyruvate and NAD+ (niacinamide) release the "bottleneck" and allows glucose to move into the mitochondria for full oxidation.

Carbs feed cancer?
I understand, from all that has been shared here, that cells are stuck in glycolysis and supporting with thiamin, pyruvate and NAD+ (niacinamide) release the "bottleneck" and allows glucose to move into the mitochondria for full oxidation.
Carbs get converted to sugar. Ray Peat says starving cancer of sugar makes cancer spread, looking for it. He says it best to feed it some and kill it by other means in it’s place.

OP
Elie

Elie

Forum Supporter
I think what threw me off was this "as I already believe that sugar, starch and other carbohydrates feed cance"

I think what threw me off was this "as I already believe that sugar, starch and other carbohydrates feed cance"
It does seem contradictory, until you think about it. It is like feeding a baby milk makes it grow, but milk does not create the baby.

Wasn't the iron feeding cancer?
PUFA feeds cancer also, but I don’t know too much about the iron. I think iron may be more to the decline of the immune system enabling cancer to turn itself into the monster, but I don’t think it feeds it, like PUFA and sugar/carbs. Is this a right assumption?

HighT

PUFA feeds cancer also, but I don’t know too much about the iron. I think iron may be more to the decline of the immune system enabling cancer to turn itself into the monster, but I don’t think it feeds it, like PUFA and sugar/carbs. Is this a right assumption?
The herb Artemisia Annua is said to treat cancer by depleting iron. Thats why i supposed iron feeds cancer, but it could be more complicated than that

AlaskaJono

Friends don't let friends read the Epoch Times.... unless one wants to know what the Controlled Opposition is 'doing'. Falun Gong owned, and Soros backed.

A dear friend passed away some years ago, her diagnosis was kidney cancer, spreading fast, and last few months she stayed away from carbs/sugar, and consumed EFA. It was hard to bear anyway, as we cared for her some days and weeks, but she was committed to this food 'regime', supported by her naturopath. Sad situation.

mostlylurking

I agree, except the idea of a "bottleneck" blocking the glucose from getting into the mitochondria is new to me. My understanding is that without thiamine the mitochondria cannot perform the chemical reaction needed for full oxidation.

I didn’t look at the article, as I already believe that sugar, starch and other carbohydrates feed cancer, as they are all sugar sources, but sugar and carbs do not create cancer.
"Warburg Effect" refers to Otto Warburg's observation that cancer cells produce lactic acid even in the presence of adequate oxygen. Cancer cells don't "live on glucose," since they are highly adapted to survive on protein and fats.

OP
Elie

Elie

Forum Supporter
I agree, except the idea of a "bottleneck" blocking the glucose from getting into the mitochondria is new to me. My understanding is that without thiamine the mitochondria cannot perform the chemical reaction needed for full oxidation.

"Warburg Effect" refers to Otto Warburg's observation that cancer cells produce lactic acid even in the presence of adequate oxygen. Cancer cells don't "live on glucose," since they are highly adapted to survive on protein and fats.

only 300 mg. unreal!
Good info.

mostlylurking

only 300 mg. unreal!
Good info.
Well, the second PubMed article specifies that the 300mgs were given by IV. But the first PubMed article doesn't specify it was by injection, although because it was given in a crisis situation by professionals, I think you can assume it was by injection (or IV).

Dr. Costantini provides a rule of thumb equation for extrapolating oral thiamine hcl to thiamine hcl by injection here.

"In order to determine the right dose, we usually stick to the following protocol.

In case of recent onset of the disease in patients whose weight is between 50 to 65 kg (110 – 145 lbs), we begin the therapy with two grams of thiamine per day, before and after lunch.

In case the patient weighs more, the dose can be three grams per day, always divided into two administrations.

Oral thiamine should not be taken with juices or any sour beverage, water only.

The equivalent Intramuscular administration of thiamine would be:

• For 2 grams/day orally = 1 x 100mg injectable solution per week;
  • For 3 grams/day orally = 2 x 75mg injectable solution per week;
  • For 4 grams/day orally = 2 x 100 mg injectable solution per week."
He means if the above oral doses are taken daily for seven days, they equal to the corresponding doses by injection for the same time frame. Thiamine hcl does not absorb very well in the intestine, which is why the oral dose is so high.

J.R.K

Friends don't let friends read the Epoch Times.... unless one wants to know what the Controlled Opposition is 'doing'. Falun Gong owned, and Soros backed.
I think that Epoch Times reports pretty decent information regarding topics like this. But when you get into the geopolitical arena I would use the advice you prescribed.
As with all media mainstream or alternative included, myself have evolved to the mindset to read it sans the emotions that the article is trying to stir up or the opinions they try to have you prescribe to. Then do your own research to validate what is the truth and what is propaganda.
This is a relatively new method for me, so some tweaking in my research methods are going to need to be strengthened. Fortunately learning requires energy, and that seems to be exceptional right now.

J.R.K

Fatty acids and glutamine are the two macronutrients that cancer cells have a voracious appetite for.
While it is true that sugars do feed cancer cells, the mainstream thought of restricting sugar completely from the diet is both misguided as well as dangerous in the case of cancer patients, as this belief completely ignores the cells ability to synthesize cortisol and shred muscle mass in order to gain glucose, a property that cancer (metabolically deranged) cells retain. I believe the appropriate term is glucogenesis.
At any rate over the long term this will lead to cachaxia and the walking skeleton look of late stage cancer patients.

J.R.K

Oral thiamine should not be taken with juices or any sour beverage, water only.
Do they give a reason for thiamine to be only taken with water if taken orally? What does juice and sour things do to interfere with the thiamine?

mostlylurking

Do they give a reason for thiamine to be only taken with water if taken orally? What does juice and sour things do to interfere with the thiamine?
I think the sugar cancels out the effect of the thiamine, maybe a chemical reaction in the glass? I have no idea the why for the sour things. This was Dr. Costantini's rule for his patients. Unfortunately, he died in 2020 from Covid.

J.R.K

I think the sugar cancels out the effect of the thiamine, maybe a chemical reaction in the glass? I have no idea the why for the sour things. This was Dr. Costantini's rule for his patients. Unfortunately, he died in 2020 from Covid.
Interesting, I do remember about sugar and thiamine now that you say that.
Also unfortunate about Dr Costantini’s passing.

AlaskaJono

I think that Epoch Times reports pretty decent information regarding topics like this. But when you get into the geopolitical arena I would use the advice you prescribed.
As with all media mainstream or alternative included, myself have evolved to the mindset to read it sans the emotions that the article is trying to stir up or the opinions they try to have you prescribe to. Then do your own research to validate what is the truth and what is propaganda.
This is a relatively new method for me, so some tweaking in my research methods are going to need to be strengthened. Fortunately learning requires energy, and that seems to be exceptional right now.
Yes, also here JRK. I have to keep tweaking and adjusting my research methods. There is so much dis-information and contradictory/mis-directio-nary studies out there. Sugar does feed metabolism, so it is vital overall. Yes, @Rinse & rePeat wording seemed.... ? Glad she clarified. Phew... .

(High) Iron promotes inflammation, my wife was reading yesterday (from this forum). Also a relationship to copper. Hmmm. Got a busy few days ahead of me, but there is something there.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals