From 1909 to 2010,polyunsaturated fat intake increased 238%

Aimer

United States Dietary Trends Since 1800: Lack of Association Between Saturated Fatty Acid Consumption and Non-communicable Diseases​

Abstract​

We reviewed data on the American diet from 1800 to 2019.
Methods: We examined food availability and estimated consumption data from 1800 to 2019 using historical sources from the federal government and additional public data sources.
Results: Processed and ultra-processed foods increased from <5 to >60% of foods. Large increases occurred for sugar, white and whole wheat flour, rice, poultry, eggs, vegetable oils, dairy products, and fresh vegetables. Saturated fats from animal sources declined while polyunsaturated fats from vegetable oils rose. Non-communicable diseases (NCDs) rose over the twentieth century in parallel with increased consumption of processed foods, including sugar, refined flour and rice, and vegetable oils. Saturated fats from animal sources were inversely correlated with the prevalence of NCDs.
Conclusions: As observed from the food availability data, processed and ultra-processed foods dramatically increased over the past two centuries, especially sugar, white flour, white rice, vegetable oils, and ready-to-eat meals. These changes paralleled the rising incidence of NCDs, while animal fat consumption was inversely correlated.

1648704221683.png

Eberhardt

While it seems to a certain degree to un-taint saturated fats Im not really sure what this graph/research is supposed to tell. While I think I agree with the premisses I just have a hard time to find that it substantiated in this research. How? It seems the monounsaturated is increasing more than pufas (which I find very suspicious but thats a different subject)

Summer

While it seems to a certain degree to un-taint saturated fats Im not really sure what this graph/research is supposed to tell. While I think I agree with the premisses I just have a hard time to find that it substantiated in this research. How? It seems the monounsaturated is increasing more than pufas (which I find very suspicious but thats a different subject)
The research shows that saturated fats aren’t to blame for the increase in NCDs given that the numbers have barely changed. That’s it. Vegetable and seed oils contain large amounts of PUFA and MUFA.

Eberhardt

The research shows that saturated fats aren’t to blame for the increase in NCDs given that the numbers have barely changed. That’s it. Vegetable and seed oils contain large amounts of PUFA and MUFA.
Ok, if that's your point I follow. It seemed to me there was an implication of problems due to heightened pufas, (which by all means I thin there is) that was the ment to be the main gist of it but if that was your point I am onboard

Summer

Ok, if that's your point I follow. It seemed to me there was an implication of problems due to heightened pufas, (which by all means I thin there is) that was the ment to be the main gist of it but if that was your point I am onboard
For clarification I’m not the OP, just stating what is shown on the graph. Seems that MUFA could be just as much to blame as PUFA.

ReSTART

It’s the fried food cooked in canola oil. Restaurants in most westernised countries use canola oil now.

United States Dietary Trends Since 1800: Lack of Association Between Saturated Fatty Acid Consumption and Non-communicable Diseases​

Abstract​

We reviewed data on the American diet from 1800 to 2019.
Methods: We examined food availability and estimated consumption data from 1800 to 2019 using historical sources from the federal government and additional public data sources.
Results: Processed and ultra-processed foods increased from <5 to >60% of foods. Large increases occurred for sugar, white and whole wheat flour, rice, poultry, eggs, vegetable oils, dairy products, and fresh vegetables. Saturated fats from animal sources declined while polyunsaturated fats from vegetable oils rose. Non-communicable diseases (NCDs) rose over the twentieth century in parallel with increased consumption of processed foods, including sugar, refined flour and rice, and vegetable oils. Saturated fats from animal sources were inversely correlated with the prevalence of NCDs.
Conclusions: As observed from the food availability data, processed and ultra-processed foods dramatically increased over the past two centuries, especially sugar, white flour, white rice, vegetable oils, and ready-to-eat meals. These changes paralleled the rising incidence of NCDs, while animal fat consumption was inversely correlated.

View attachment 35186
I love your avatar kitty.

Eberhardt

For clarification I’m not the OP, just stating what is shown on the graph. Seems that MUFA could be just as much to blame as PUFA.
Maybe moving to fast here but yeah exactly and evennif Im not a great fan of Mufa it doesnt make sense as Pufa is much more reactive. And also they mention processed foods. There's just to many factors and also a bit suspect number - other estimates have been a lot higher up to over 1000% pufa increase. So I agree it shows Sfa to be harmless but not much else

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals