Friends Who Are Unbreakable

gp3690

Wondering about a friend I have who seems so resilient to stressors she puts on herself.
She is beautiful smart funny and happy. She drinks like a fish then gets up and runs 5 miles on weekends. She always is in a great mood
and is a great friend of mine. She also eats pizza, fries and a ton of other bad stuff.
Hormonally, what is different about her than someone like me who has anxiety depression, feels effects of bad food, and at times low energy basically what I think boils down to high serotonin..
Is she producing more "youth hormones" than me or someone similar naturally?

We all know people like this. People who eat whatever they want, drink, still are in shape and look great and are in a great mood, what makes them different?

Thanks

Stilgar

I think a lot depends on the stress of early life - including pregnancy, and childhood generally. It really sets you up.
I also think that a lot of the seemingly indestructible, healthy people you know, end up quite unhealthy later in life. So you might win one day :mrgreen:

answersfound

They came into this world with a stronger metabolism. It's that simple. Their mom was probably in a great mood, stress free during pregnancy. or maybe she grew up in a very positive, optimistic environment. our view of the world growing up will shape our hormonal profiles in a more favorable or unfavorable direction. thinking patterns form neural pathways and we become addicted to them. if they are good thoughts, that will probably be reflected in the person's disposition. there a lot of variables, but it's a good lesson to take away that diet and supplementation can only get you so far.

Joocy_J

I use to be one of those people before I went vegan when I was 19 and crashed my metabolism for the first time. I could drink and party and then wake up and exercise on an empty stomach and felt great. I also use to take adderall and stay up all night studying, I would be awake for days. I always recovered from these extreme events after one nights full rest.

I think this was due to growing up in an upper class family (high social status = high dopamine). Plus money to spend on environmental enrichment/education.

Now since crashing my metabolism for the first time it is much easier for it to happen again I have found. Like sickness perpetuates sickness. The body has a memory.

answersfound

Joocy_J said:
post 105590 I use to be one of those people before I went vegan when I was 19 and crashed my metabolism for the first time. I could drink and party and then wake up and exercise on an empty stomach and felt great. I also use to take adderall and stay up all night studying, I would be awake for days. I always recovered from these extreme events after one nights full rest.

I think this was due to growing up in an upper class family (high social status = high dopamine). Plus money to spend on environmental enrichment/education.

Now since crashing my metabolism for the first time it is much easier for it to happen again I have found. Like sickness perpetuates sickness. The body has a memory.

You were 19. Almost all teenagers can handle a lot of insults like that. It's when you get into your mid 20's when health problems arise and the real strength of metabolism is revealed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Derok

Stilgar said:
post 105569 I think a lot depends on the stress of early life - including pregnancy, and childhood generally. It really sets you up.
I also think that a lot of the seemingly indestructible, healthy people you know, end up quite unhealthy later in life. So you might win one day :mrgreen:

:1

Joocy_J

answersfound said:
Joocy_J said:
post 105590 I use to be one of those people before I went vegan when I was 19 and crashed my metabolism for the first time. I could drink and party and then wake up and exercise on an empty stomach and felt great. I also use to take adderall and stay up all night studying, I would be awake for days. I always recovered from these extreme events after one nights full rest.

You were 19. Almost all teenagers can handle a lot of insults like that. It's when you get into your mid 20's when health problems arise and the real strength of metabolism is revealed.

Maybe, but I knew nineteens year olds that were clearly hypo looking back at it...

What is her age?

5 miles is not much and you said it was only on the weekends.

Drinking like a "fish" is not specific enough. How much does she really drink?

How much pizza and fries does she really eat? More importantly, what is her day to day diet like?

You can never really know what someone is doing when they are not present in your field of vision. You never know what drugs/medications someone is taking or how someone really eats every single day or other things they do.

Party girls always end up blowing out sooner or later.

Joocy_J

Westside PUFAs said:
post 105614

Party girls always end up blowing out sooner or later.

lol, reminded me of this:

BSYawHvCEAAkzet.jpg

Nicholas

it really doesn't matter why someone is the way they are or seem to be.. but if we must, i believe that everyone expresses health differently. I know this is a bit cliche, but it's actually true that outside appearances can be very deceiving. they can be deceiving for someone who appears to be unhealthy and someone who appears to be healthy. i think the greatest measure of health is your ability to perceive and to be honest with yourself. Someone's metabolism may be screwed, but they are aware that it's screwed and are making perceptive/honest choices to improve it (rather than to cope with it)....whereas someone else may have a great metabolism and have no idea and make blind decisions with their diet....their lack of perception will eventually force them to be perceptive.

answersfound

Nicholas said:
post 105641 it really doesn't matter why someone is the way they are or seem to be.. but if we must, i believe that everyone expresses health differently. I know this is a bit cliche, but it's actually true that outside appearances can be very deceiving. they can be deceiving for someone who appears to be unhealthy and someone who appears to be healthy. i think the greatest measure of health is your ability to perceive and to be honest with yourself. Someone's metabolism may be screwed, but they are aware that it's screwed and are making perceptive/honest choices to improve it (rather than to cope with it)....whereas someone else may have a great metabolism and have no idea and make blind decisions with their diet....their lack of perception will eventually force them to be perceptive.

Appearance is STRONGLY reflective of inner health. It tells you everything about a person. The best looking are the most worthy of reproducing because they are in the best health.

Nicholas

answersfound said:
post 105651
Nicholas said:
post 105641 it really doesn't matter why someone is the way they are or seem to be.. but if we must, i believe that everyone expresses health differently. I know this is a bit cliche, but it's actually true that outside appearances can be very deceiving. they can be deceiving for someone who appears to be unhealthy and someone who appears to be healthy. i think the greatest measure of health is your ability to perceive and to be honest with yourself. Someone's metabolism may be screwed, but they are aware that it's screwed and are making perceptive/honest choices to improve it (rather than to cope with it)....whereas someone else may have a great metabolism and have no idea and make blind decisions with their diet....their lack of perception will eventually force them to be perceptive.

Appearance is STRONGLY reflective of inner health. It tells you everything about a person. The best looking are the most worthy of reproducing because they are in the best health.

are you being satirical?

Joocy_J

answersfound said:
post 105651
Nicholas said:

I agree, I look like ***t now and very unhealthy. When I was healthy people told me that I "had a young face" even though that was only a year ago....

answersfound

Joocy_J said:
post 105663
answersfound said:
post 105651
Nicholas said:

I agree, I look like s*** now and very unhealthy. When I was healthy people told me that I "had a young face" even though that was only a year ago....

For example, people with better facial structures are usually not mouth Breathers, have better hormonal profiles.

People who snore have crooked and crowded teeth, crooked noses, etc.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals