Ray Peat Interview Friday May 28th Ray w/ Danny

Missenger

"Are some principles worth dying for?"

"no."

classic ray, and i largely agree in my own life, but at the same time, there are many figures throughout history who have taken public stands to protect life and have been killed for it. for example, someone like MLK or Gandhi, certainly knew the risk of assasination had to be high, and yet they persisted. not to mention the thousands of dissident journalists and activistswho have been killed, jailed, tortured for their dissent. if they valued their own life over humanity at large, we would miss out on some of the most important political movements and stands which have shifted society. I personally, would certainly not be willing to die for something, but that's what separates me from someone like Gandhi.
Gandhi certainly lived a long time carrying his principles.

reaching

Where do you find fruit for marmalade that are not sprayed with pesticides, and preservatives for the transport? It might be these that give you the reaction, it is concentrated on the surface.

ahh that could be it huh.
i try to buy the oranges that look like they don’t have any waxy film or stuff on them. Usually at the supermarkets here in jap, there are labels if they do have anti fungal or anti mold herbicides. For example, everything from California and Florida is marked with these signs. But the domestic is not and the skins looks rather natural. I might just start buying directly from some organic farms through farm connecting app.

Michael Mohn

"no."

classic ray, and i largely agree in my own life, but at the same time, there are many figures throughout history who have taken public stands to protect life and have been killed for it. for example, someone like MLK or Gandhi, certainly knew the risk of assasination had to be high, and yet they persisted. not to mention the thousands of dissident journalists and activistswho have been killed, jailed, tortured for their dissent. if they valued their own life over humanity at large, we would miss out on some of the most important political movements and stands which have shifted society. I personally, would certainly not be willing to die for something, but that's what separates me from someone like Gandhi.
It might be worth to have some principles you act by but what made Ghandi succesful was not getting killed while living by his principles. Gandhi or JFK knew an assassination or violence was planned against them and they just ignored it and walked right into it.

YourUniverse

Wow, I adored this interview. So many amazing questions and answers. The email questions were excellent. Thanks so much, will re-listen to it tonight. Amazing.

meatbag

"no."

Yeah, I'm kind of curious what his view on death and the afterlife is. I know he's a big advocate of being alive is good for you

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals