Ray Peat Interview Friday May 28th Ray w/ Danny

OP
Peatful

Peatful

Listen to what he says about the Ray Peat Diet my forum friends.... (along with another solid interview start to finish from Danny).

Peat is exceptional.

David PS

Thanks, I am listening to it now. Here are the timestamps, the actual times are hotlnked.

00:00 - Start setup music
02:10 - Approaching nutrition in an open anti-authoritarian way
03:40 - What is the problem with authoritarianism in nutrition?
05:19 - How do you approach the subject of nutrition? "In context" suggestions
07:30 - Ray Peat on the silliness of "The Ray Peat Diet"
08:45 - Are most people beyond dietary intervention? The human diet almost always contained thyroid
10:51 - Why don't some people feel comfortable with thyroid? 14:28 - Is the look of obesity due to the accumulation of mucopolysaccharides?
15:35 - "If your thyroid is working efficiently, your pituitary doesn't have much to do and you're not likely to get a pituitary tumor, your adrenals don't have much to do, and your ovaries don't get over stimulated. The other glands have an easy job when your thyroid is working right. If your thyroid gets interfered with, you have to rev up your adrenals and your pituitary becomes commander in chief and tells everyone what to do.” Ray Peat (2017)
17:12 - W.D. Denckla 00:00 - What does Ray think about his video interviews hitting YouTube?
19:36 - Final points on anti-authoritarian nutrition
21:54 - What if someone's orienting reflex is "broken"?
25:01 - Ray's motivation for his new newsletter
27:47 - Potential of human society hasn't been explored, Kropotkin
28:34 - Cilium as a sensing organlle
31:08 - Georgi arrives, critical aspects of Ray's new newsletter
34:36 - Combining consciousness of organisms
36:24 - Cosmic Clocks by Michel Gauquelin, vibration
43:55 - How was remote viewing research applied?
44:53 - Fake alien invasion
45:15 - 'Progesterone is useful for any health problem'
47:07 - 'Hormones are useful in our horrific environment'
48:26 - 'Real society would include our animal friends'
49:49 - 'Is there anything that thyroid does that progesterone doesn't?'
52:07 - Question: Is the source of all knowledge experience?
54:31 - Question: Are some principles worth dying for? Pituitary, death, growth hormone, hypoxia
01:01:42 - Question: Why was Artistotle a good scientist?
01:03:16 - Question: How does metabolic stress begin?
01:04:41 - Question: How does Ray organize his research?
01:09:03 - Question: Can Ray go over his week of eating?
01:11:33 - Question: How does our metabolism affect our thoughts and feelings?
01:15:23 - Question: Why are some people so submissive to authority?
01:16:04 - Question: Ray's thoughts on Chernobyl reactivating
01:17:39 - Question: How to reduce body hair?
01:19:45 - Question: Is there a way to remineralize teeth and heal cavities?
01:23:45 - Unz article about germ warfare, ACE2, China, Luc Montagnier, exosomes, mRNA vaccines, variants
01:37:21 - Ray's thoughts on Israel and Palestine, Netanyahu
01:41:25 - Bill Gates being thrown under the bus
01:43:57 - Danny thinks the real olive oil on the carrot or mushrooms is a revelation
01:44:56 - Orange peel wax

OP
Peatful

Peatful

Ahh thank you- and listening to the whole thing is better.

Kind of like how we can get off track with our understanding of many things- by taking it out if context.

Vileplume

Heck yes. Thank you Peatful!!

“What’s true for one person today, where they are, will necessarily be somewhat different when they’re in a different place, doing different things.”

“Almost everyone benefits from adding a little bit of thyroid.”

“We probably should live more like naked mole rats, sleeping in burrows in family clusters, where we would be producing a proper amount of carbon dioxide.”

Last edited:

Michael Mohn

I like the dynamic between Ray, Danny & Georgi, better than between Andrew & Sarah on Ask the Herb Doctor, but somehow Ray goes more often into interesting subject, sometimes fringe subjects like last time with pigments and quinones. I feel like I found more nuggets of wisdom in the KMUD show. Maybe Ray is less challenged by Danny. Andrew with his own expertise might stimulate Ray to expose interesting ideas. The KMUD show is such a mess and Peat often has just a ridicules short amount of time to speak. Anyways...

Last edited:
OP
Peatful

Peatful

I like the dynamic between Ray, Danny & Georgi, better than between Andrew & Sarah on Ask the Herb Doctor, but somehow Ray goes more often into interesting subject, sometimes fringe subjects like last time with pigments and quinones. I feel like I found more nuggets of wisdom in the KMUD show. Maybe Ray is less challenged by Danny. Andrew with his own expertise might stimulate Ray to expose interesting ideas. The KMUD show is such a mess and Peat often has just a ridicules short amount of time to speak. Anyways...
I will add to this-

I understand the general overall frustration with KMUD - but I have a softness for Andrew. He seems to be such a student and in awe of Ray- with a grand appreciation of him.

I can sense Danny respects Ray at the utmost level- but Danny is more cognizant of adding knowledge somtimes vs going deeper. But it is quite enjoyable- and for me at least- getting better and better.

Inaut

Orange peel wax.... anybody know where We can find? I really like policosanols and think they could be one of the missing links for all people.

I got excited when Georgi described the wax to Ray and he responded with “It sounds good”. @haidut any more research on this stuff. Super interested now.

Last edited:
OP
Peatful

Peatful

Ebay

or possibly at a local farmers market that has apothecary vendor of sorts.

Michael Mohn

I will add to this-

I understand the general overall frustration with KMUD - but I have a softness for Andrew. He seems to be such a student and in awe of Ray- with a grand appreciation of him.

I can sense Danny respects Ray at the utmost level- but Danny is more cognizant of adding knowledge somtimes vs going deeper. But it is quite enjoyable- and for me at least- getting better and better.
My formulation was probably confusing. I like the content on KMUD but not the format. I like the format of Danny's podcast but the content is less exciting. Maybe Danny tends to formulate his questions in a yes/no fashion and Ray just answers accordingly and shortly while Andrew asks more open questions and Ray makes a full exposé.

OP
Peatful

Peatful

My formulation was probably confusing. I like the content on KMUD but not the format. I like the format of Danny's podcast but the content is less exciting. Maybe Danny tends to formulate his questions in a yes/no fashion and Ray just answers accordingly and shortly while Andrew asks more open questions and Ray makes a full exposé.
No- you were clear. I was more cryptic. Because what I was saying was I agree with you. (And its a shame the hate Andrew gets because I think he’s a true student in spite of his lack of polished radio skills).

Jam

Orange peel wax.... anybody know where We can find? I really like policosanols and think they could be one of the missing links for all people.

I got excited when Georgi described the wax to Ray and he responded with “It sounds good”. @haidut any more research on this stuff. Super interested now.
Orange marmalade.

Inaut

I eat marmalade already. I want to try the wax out though

lampofred

I liked Danny's questioning.

If everything is dependent on context, then what's the point in knowing anything or learning anything? Everything you know or learn can be either completely right or completely wrong depending on context.

Peat's answer seemed to be that if what you're doing makes you happy, then it's right.

But there are so many people, especially in modern Western civilization, who are so out of tune with their bodies that they think they're happy when they're actually not; they don't even know what it actually means to be happy.

How can you kick start the orienting reflex in these people if there is nothing that you can say is right regardless of context?

This is why I like the temperature and pulse rate metrics so much, they don't lie. Numbers don't lie.

Bank accounts also don't lie... is it possible to use greed intelligently to know whether or not you are on the right track? If you think about it, isn't the definition of efficiency equal to greed applied intelligently, to get the most with the least effort? And efficiency is intrinsically good, intrinsically valuable, as is happiness.

Generalized greed is bad but if you are greedy and only targeting other greedy people, then you are using greed to destroy greed and not to destroy good. Two wrongs make a right.

Also, I wonder if Peat thinks there's such a thing as too much open-mindedness (for example, copper increases fluidity but so does PUFA; I would guess the former is good but the latter is bad). If so, how do you increase close-mindedness in the right way, as opposed to in an authoritarian way?

I don't know if that made sense or it it's just analytical, verbal delirium.

Edit: Peat's response just made me curious as to what "context" really means, I don't mean to come off as criticizing him in any way,

Last edited:

Michael Mohn

No- you were clear. I was more cryptic. Because what I was saying was I agree with you. (And its a shame the hate Andrew gets because I think he’s a true student in spite of his lack of polished radio skills).
I don't understand the hate for Andrew neither and Sarah is not a bad person but they have a tension between them that is unpleasant. Andrew gets sometimes carried away and he talks up a large chunk of the format. One single hour is just not enough - but that's radio. KMUD reaches a lot of boomers and people off the internet.

Last edited:
OP
Peatful

Peatful

I don't understand the hate for Andrew neither and Sarah is not a bad person but they have tension between them that is unpleasant. Andrew gets sometimes carried away and he talks up a large chunk of the format. One single hour is just not enough - but that's radio. KMUD reaches a lot of boomers and people off the internet.
lol...Yes; the tension.

meatbag

Cool interview

Personally glad we have a variety of interviewers, all bring a unique experience

reaching

I started making marmalade and is it normal for it make your tongue tingly? It’s not numb but a strange feeling on my tongue after eating the marmalade

rei

Where do you find fruit for marmalade that are not sprayed with pesticides, and preservatives for the transport? It might be these that give you the reaction, it is concentrated on the surface.

gaze

"Are some principles worth dying for?"

"no."

classic ray, and i largely agree in my own life, but at the same time, there are many figures throughout history who have taken public stands to protect life and have been killed for it. for example, someone like MLK or Gandhi, certainly knew the risk of assasination had to be high, and yet they persisted. not to mention the thousands of dissident journalists and activistswho have been killed, jailed, tortured for their dissent. if they valued their own life over humanity at large, we would miss out on some of the most important political movements and stands which have shifted society. I personally, would certainly not be willing to die for something, but that's what separates me from someone like Gandhi.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals