Fresh oysters are disgusting, can I fray them in the butter? any suggestions?

FitnessMike

Nomane Euger

hi,dont eat them at all if they taste disgusting

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

hi,dont eat them at all if they taste disgusting
i know what you mean, for me the water is disgusting taste like raw fish or smth, Im going to eat meat only innit

B

BRBsavinWorld

If you mean in the general sense of grossness, sure! Do anything to make them taste better. The high stearic acid content of butter will also help offset the pufa a little. I made a Cajun crab dish, and used oyster instead of crab — tasted great.

If you mean that they tasted putrid or something, toss them, of course. I’m not well versed in raw oysters

Nomane Euger

i know what you mean, for me the water is disgusting taste like raw fish or smth, Im going to eat meat only innit
if it taste that bad to you you are probably gonna get negative symptoms from it,even if you attenuates the bad tastes with other foods and flavors

Old Irenaeus

I definitely prefer them raw, but this weekend I made these and they were amazingly delicious. It was also about the most fun thing I've ever made, with huge flames leaping up on the grill. Highly recommended. This is the Drago's version, just marvelous:

View: https://youtu.be/T6CP1-ALy5E

Beastmode

Bake them @ 350 for 8-20 min after straining them of course.

An easy sauce, if you aren't a fan of the oyster taste, is mix the following:
- 1 tsp of horse radish sauce
- 1-2 tsp of ketchup
- a dab of worcestershire sauce

I personally like to grate some parmesian cheese on it so it melts into the oysters a bit.

Heat the pan on medium
-Once hot put butter and half a lime
-Put sumac, sezchuan pepper, salt, marjoram
-Put the cheese (Parmigiano Reggiano) and mix it fast
-Make sure you have drained and rinsed the oysters
-Then put the oysters and mash them together fast should become a paste
-then put the other half of the lime and keep mashing until done
I eat them on rice crackers

Yonebayashian

By far the best way to enjoy them is to buy a pint of preshucked oysters and to marinate them in soy sauce for 24 hours and eat them raw with sriracha or the hot sauce of your choice. Insanely good. One of my favorites.

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

By far the best way to enjoy them is to buy a pint of preshucked oysters and to marinate them in soy sauce for 24 hours and eat them raw with sriracha or the hot sauce of your choice. Insanely good. One of my favorites.
Soy is like Lord Voldemort from Harry Potter, we don't speak out this name over here

Herbie

Oyster killpatrick is the best way to eat oysters.

worcestershire sauce, chopped bacon put into shell and then cooked in oven.

Having them with lemon is good too.

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

L

Lord Cola

The only ones that weren't disgusting were smoked oysters in olive oil. But it might be safer to boil raw oysters yourself. If you don't like the taste of the water, drain it after boiling the oysters thoroughly. When they are ready to eat, they should shrink to about 70% of their original size. They would be less "juicy" too. I grind them afterwards and salt them heavily so I don't have to keep them in my mouth too long or taste them much.

Stilgar

I use defrosted frozen oysters, put some liquid smoke on them, coat them in masa harina and salt. Fry in coconut oil and they are delicious. Addictive and not gross at all.

ceileachair

I make a soup out of them, that way you don’t even have to look at them.

Throw a couple potatoes, onions, garlic, butter, parsley, milk, salt and oysters into a pot and blitz it up. Tastes pretty good.

Old Irenaeus

I make a soup out of them, that way you don’t even have to look at them.

Throw a couple potatoes, onions, garlic, butter, parsley, milk, salt and oysters into a pot and blitz it up. Tastes pretty good.

That's good, too. I like to do that with the canned ones.

Also, is there any way we can convince these manufacturers to not put the oysters in cottonseed oil?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals