Fresh Orange Juice Juicer

L

lollipop

0EFAF08B-FD2A-40BA-9EC3-37B8E3C2B288.jpeg
Oh my!

I bought this lemon juicer for like 25 dollars at Sur La Table to make my morning lemonade. This morning, I used it for fresh orange juice. One large organic orange juice made about 6oz juice: NO pulp, easy to juice, easy to clean up, SUPER smooth and sweet juice, ZERO acid taste and even drinking it felt no acid.

I can never go back to ANY store (even if fresh) orange EVER again...

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
Thank you, Lisa. That looks like a great tool to have for juicing. I prefer manual kitchen appliances for small jobs.

Jennifer

Great idea, Lisa! I use one of those handheld potato ricers to make juice out of soft fruit and it works really well. I like that it's small, quiet, doesn't require electricity and doesn't create a lot of oxidization so I can make a large batch of juice without it going off quickly.

OP
L

lollipop

Great idea, Lisa! I use one of those handheld potato ricers to make juice out of soft fruit and it works really well. I like that it's small, quiet, doesn't require electricity and doesn't create a lot of oxidization so I can make a large batch of juice without it going off quickly.
@Jennifer you will love it! I have been freezing the peels to make a marmalade. Since they are already cut in 1/8’s for juicing, I am going to do hand chopping for the marmalade. Will circle back to share how it worked...

Jennifer

Excellent, @lisaferraro ! I can't wait to hear how it works out for you. This makes me want to try marmalade in a cake bread recipe. I make banana bread using coconut cream in place of milk and it comes out really decadent and moist so I'll use it as a base recipe, but replace the banana with apple sauce, add the marmalade and also chocolate chunks, and test it out on family. :)

OP
L

lollipop

Excellent, @lisaferraro ! I can't wait to hear how it works out for you. This makes me want to try marmalade in a cake bread recipe. I make banana bread using coconut cream in place of milk and it comes out really decadent and moist so I'll use it as a base recipe, but replace the banana with apple sauce, add the marmalade and also chocolate chunks, and test it out on family. :)
Oh my @Jennifer yuuuummmmmy. I am coming to visit soon - lol....

Jennifer

@lisaferraro – I'll be at your end of the country this week so I'll swing by with a loaf! :D

TripleOG

Been meaning to try out one of these. My biggest concern would be the strength of the handle.

Ever experience a lever press juicer? Curious how this compares to them.

OP
L

lollipop

Been meaning to try out one of these. My biggest concern would be the strength of the handle.

Ever experience a lever press juicer? Curious how this compares to them.
This one has a strong handle.

No I haven’t tried the other. Cost difference is significant, but main reason - space. This is small and tucks away nicely in my small condo kitchen with limited storage and even more limited counter space...

Amazoniac

You would expect at first this to be a post coming from The Writer given its peculiar formatting. However! As an astute reader, you're not deceived for too long: you can tell it's The Other Writer by the avatar situated on the left of the post—a glimpse!—and any attempt to mislead you is dismantled without requiring much effort on your part. As confirmation, the reader realizes that special characters are missing and that thats are overused. As we proceed, it makes (s)he wonder if this post has a point and the author feels it's a valid questioning, striking back with the following: Chef'n has some good products (such as the juicer above). Their mandolines stand out from the rest because the food (in theory) is static and what moves is the cutting base, which is the opposite of the traditional operation of mandolines. Now we force again an abrupt change in narrative that hopefully passes unnoticed. As you know, for such product to function properly, it has to keep the food stable at all times during cutting. As you also might know, the cutting base has to reduce contact with the food to minimize friction when moving the base, and it has to distribute the pressure exerted if the goal is to allow the movement to be as smooth as possible. But perhaps what you didn't know is that their mandoline doesn't have some of these features and many others that are important for it to be a decent product. The Other Writer decided it was time to send them a proposition for an improved product; receiving in return a cordial door slam along with an unopened—this of course meaning unused—product as consolation. As you will be able to tell, there are evidences that weren't yet made available elsewhere due to The Author's unjustified negligence for it.

Last edited:
OP
L

lollipop

You would expect at first this to be a post coming from The Writer given its peculiar formatting. However! As an astute reader, you're not deceived for too long: you can tell it's The Other Writer by the avatar situated on the left of the post—a glimpse!—and any attempt to mislead you is dismantled without requiring much effort on your part. As confirmation, the reader realizes that special characters are missing and that thats are overused. As we proceed, it makes (s)he wonder if this post has a point and the author feels it's a valid questioning, striking back with the following: Chef'n has some good products (such as the juicer above). Their mandolines stand out from the rest because the food (in theory) is static and what moves is the cutting base, which is the opposite of the traditional operation of mandolines. Now we force again an abrupt change in narrative that hopefully passes unnoticed. As you know, for such product to function properly, it has to keep the food stable at all times during cutting. As you also might know, the cutting base has to reduce contact with the food to minimize friction when moving the base, and it has to distribute the pressure exerted if the goal is to allow the movement to be as smooth as possible. But perhaps what you didn't know is that their mandoline doesn't have some of these features and many others that are important for it to be a decent product. The Other Writer decided it was time to send them a proposition for an improved product; receiving in return a cordial door slam along with an unopened—this of course meaning unused—product as consolation. As you will be able to tell, there are evidences that weren't yet made available elsewhere due to The Author's unjustified negligence for it.
You know what I LOVE about your posts and when you appear on a thread? I get to think and reflect just a bit deeper ❤️

OP
L

lollipop

I just want to let you know that I was missing your kind words regardless of what caught your attention when you took your avatar pic.
LoL...my husband. We were saying our vows at the moment this was shot. I went the untraditional route and wore blue not white for my wedding ❤️

Amazoniac

LoL...my husband. We were saying our vows at the moment this was shot. I went the untraditional route and wore blue not white for my wedding ❤️
lisa, the non-conformist ultra-rebel.
But to get back to the subject, what do you mean by no acid taste? These types of juicers that fold and press the cut peel to extract the juice would tend to (if anything) increase bitterness.

OP
L

lollipop

But to get back to the subject, what do you mean by no acid taste? These types of juicers that fold and press the cut peel to extract the juice would tend to (if anything) increase bitterness.
Not at all. It decreased bitterness. I think because nothing other than the juice gets in. Using an extracter seems to include some of the pith and peel. I was seriously surprised...

OP
L

lollipop

Not at all. It decreased bitterness. I think because nothing other than the juice gets in. Using an extracter seems to include some of the pith and peel. I was seriously surprised...

Amazoniac

That's interesting. You're comparing this one with those with a spinning extractor? Because I think the main advantages of having (what they refer to as) the positive part pressing the back of the fruit are to make it easier to collect the juice and prevent it from splashing during squeezing.

OP
L

lollipop

That's interesting. You're comparing this one with those with a spinning extractor? Because I think the main advantages of having (what they refer to as) the positive part pressing the back of the fruit are to make it easier to collect the juice and prevent it from splashing during squeezing.
I will make a short video of me juicing and show you :): Maybe on Wednesday.