Fresh Orange Juice Juicer

cdg

Apparently they don't last very long either.... please read the other one star reviews as well.

Top critical review
See all 19 critical reviews›
1.0 out of 5 starsTerrible at extracting juice from juicy oranges.
ByAmazon Customeron March 19, 2018
Unfortunately, there is nothing lower than 1 star. I received this product today. I pressed 2 oranges with it. Earlier today, I pressed 2 oranges using a small manual juicer....the kind that you twist the orange around the juicing part. I was hoping that the new juicer would extract more juice than my other manual juicer. Boy was I ever wrong. It extracted about a quarter of the amount compared with my hand juicer. What a waste of money! Don't buy this product. Perhaps it works better on limes and lemons, but it is completely useless on oranges.

Extracted from: Amazon.ca:Customer reviews: Chef'n FreshForce Citrus Juicer, Lime

OP
L

lollipop

I am still using daily for more than three weeks now. Works fantastic, no problems, lots of juice, juicer is solid. I am not making a commission off this product. Just an honest review. Which I am hard pressed to say about the majority of Amazon reviews.

OP
L

lollipop

Apparently they don't last very long either.... please read the other one star reviews as well.

Top critical review
See all 19 critical reviews›
1.0 out of 5 starsTerrible at extracting juice from juicy oranges.
ByAmazon Customeron March 19, 2018
Unfortunately, there is nothing lower than 1 star. I received this product today. I pressed 2 oranges with it. Earlier today, I pressed 2 oranges using a small manual juicer....the kind that you twist the orange around the juicing part. I was hoping that the new juicer would extract more juice than my other manual juicer. Boy was I ever wrong. It extracted about a quarter of the amount compared with my hand juicer. What a waste of money! Don't buy this product. Perhaps it works better on limes and lemons, but it is completely useless on oranges.

Extracted from: Amazon.ca:Customer reviews: Chef'n FreshForce Citrus Juicer, Lime
I also do not trust Amazon and the fake products.

OP
L

lollipop

Unfortunately, they cost $34 in Canada but I found it for $24 on Amazon.ca so you may have a point...
I will keep you posted about its performance. I bought mine in person at Sur La Table. I have seen sooooooo many copies and shady Chinese copies and sellers. I have learned to be discriminating on Amazon.

Amazoniac

Gerson said:
"DO NOT use any juicer into which the half orange is inserted with the skin.
(If the skin is also pressed out, it will emit harmful fatty acids and aromatic substances contained in its surface.)"
I guess it's worth comparing with a reamer and if no difference is noted, then it's probably not an issue for the yous.

Amazoniac

I will get one of these soon:

Retr0bright - Wikipedia
"[A and B and S plastic yellowing] is caused by both bromine and exposure to ultraviolet (UV) light. Many of the ABS plastics used in consumer electronics devices are typically “brominated”—combined with bromine as a fire retardant—to meet fire safety standards.[1][2] The method was discovered in 2008,[3][4] and the process has been continually refined since.[1]"

Now most plastics used for appliances are black((

Atman

Retr0bright - Wikipedia
"[A and B and S plastic yellowing] is caused by both bromine and exposure to ultraviolet (UV) light. Many of the ABS plastics used in consumer electronics devices are typically “brominated”—combined with bromine as a fire retardant—to meet fire safety standards.[1][2] The method was discovered in 2008,[3][4] and the process has been continually refined since.[1]"

Now most plastics used for appliances are black((

In most juicers the orange comes into contact with various plastics for short periods of time, so it is not a disadvantage of these machines. In fact the contact time is probably shorter.

Even if you use pure stainless steel, there might be leakage of metal ions into the juice.

I don't worry about aspects I can't avoid.

OP
L

lollipop

I am still using daily for more than three weeks now. Works fantastic, no problems, lots of juice, juicer is solid. I am not making a commission off this product. Just an honest review. Which I am hard pressed to say about the majority of Amazon reviews.
Update on mine - more than three months and still working perfectly @cdg

@Amazoniac, interesting point. I think I am okay as the skin is not even touched. Just the meat is what is squeezed. If someone has a concern, easy enough to fix, simply peel the skin and juice :):

Amazoniac

In most juicers the orange comes into contact with various plastics for short periods of time, so it is not a disadvantage of these machines. In fact the contact time is probably shorter.

Even if you use pure stainless steel, there might be leakage of metal ions into the juice.

I don't worry about aspects I can't avoid.
I didn't mean that those will contaminate. It's just that your post reminded me of that.
Update on mine - more than three months and still working perfectly @cdg

@Amazoniac, interesting point. I think I am okay as the skin is not even touched. Just the meat is what is squeezed. If someone has a concern, easy enough to fix, simply peel the skin and juice :):
Here's another interesting point: .
The point being that you can't press the pulp without pressing the peel* first. Yet! I trust your experience, it must not be a big deal.

*I think Travisord would not like the term 'peel'.

OP
L

lollipop

The juicer looks too small for most oranges. What size oranges do you use?
This is a lemon juicer. The company has an orange juicer. I cut my navels into 1/8’s and it works great :):

cdg

I guess it's worth comparing with a reamer and if no difference is noted, then it's probably not an issue for the yous.

I thought naringin and naringenin is in the peel? Which Dr Peat likes per:
"orange juice also has some other helpful chemicals like naringin and naringenin that help to prevent inflammation and increase the, the good disposition of, of the carbohydrate."

See also:
Naringin - an overview | ScienceDirect Topics

OP
L

lollipop

Hey @Amazoniac, How about this juicer?

EBD47420-3957-48DA-87FB-3D91EF1BAC8B.jpeg

Amazoniac

Jennifer

lisaferraro said:
I can never go back to ANY store (even if fresh) orange EVER again...

This is a lemon juicer. The company has an orange juicer. I cut my navels into 1/8’s and it works great :):
Hi Lisa :):,

By "fresh" do you mean fresh pressed/unpasteurized juice and if so, may I ask why you can never go back to it if store bought? I was getting freshly pressed OJ from the store but as time went on, the oranges they use were coming in sour so I stopped getting it. I figured the oranges, in general, weren't that good right now so I haven't bothered trying to juice my own at home, but your comments make me wonder if I'd have better luck if I did. It's just that I rarely find truly ripe/sweet oranges.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals