FREEZING hands and feet

J

j.

iLoveSugar said:
Huh? There are several quotes there. The last one speaks for itself.

It has a big IF, and T3 only is further discouraged by the mention above that the reduction of TSH by T4 is beneficial.

ilovethesea

j. said:
In that quote Peat says that T3 alone OR THE COMBINATION is more effective. You make it sound like he left the second part.

Exactly. I just said that in the other thread. He's comparing to T4 only meds like Synthroid which is what 99% of hypo people take. I don't think this should be interpreted as an endorsement of T3 over a T3/T4 med.

ilovethesea

Also, I understand you are reluctant to take any T4 because of liver issues but how do you know you have any? Did you have a diagnosis or what are your symptoms?

OP
I

iLoveSugar

I don't know if I have any liver issues, but with long lasting health issues, I would be hard pressed to say I don't. If there is one thing I definitely learned 'Peating', it's that lab tests are rarely reliable.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

ilovethesea said:
Also, I understand you are reluctant to take any T4 because of liver issues but how do you know you have any? Did you have a diagnosis or what are your symptoms?

I will go back to using my Cynoplus more often.

My symptom list is awfully long. Mostly though, severe fatigue, body pain/weakness, bowel issues (that have improved lately), neck stiffness, back pain, feet pain.

ilovethesea

iLoveSugar said:
I don't know if I have any liver issues, but with long lasting health issues, I would be hard pressed to say I don't. If there is one thing I definitely learned 'Peating', it's that lab tests are rarely reliable.

Yes, that is definitely true of the thyroid panel. My tests were always "perfect" :)

iLoveSugar said:
I will go back to using my Cynoplus more often.

My symptom list is awfully long. Mostly though, severe fatigue, body pain/weakness, bowel issues (that have improved lately), neck stiffness, back pain, feet pain.

Sorry to hear that. Have you read this article of RP's? http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/ti ... tion.shtml He talks about arthritis pain being improved with thyroid.

Rinave

In the article iLovetheSea mentioned above, called "Blocking Tissue Destruction", RP also recommends progesterone for arthritis. This is what he says:

"Progesterone, which is the most abundant hormone of pregnancy, has both anti-inflammatory and anesthetic actions, which would be of obvious benefit in arthritis". RP

Should we get pregnant? ;-)

PepsiGestures

Vitamin A is the other catalyst that converts cholesterol into the steroid hormones that warm you up. Taking vitamin E with vitamin A can be safer, preventing its oxidation.

tomisonbottom

PepsiGestures said:
I think this might be a vitamin A deficiency.

How would one know how much vitamin A they need? How much do you recommend for someone with cold temps?

OP
I

iLoveSugar

I'm STILL frozen. My hands and feet instantly wake people up due to being THAT cold.

eminions

I was super strict Peat for about a year and was constantly cold. I have weaned myself off of super Peat and now consume a lot of starch and it has been amazing. I think I had a problem with too much liquid as opposed to solid food.

So far the only things that have really warmed me up is the two hours after weight lifting, during sports, or after eating a hot meal of starch i.e. 1-2 cups of boiled rice or a pound of potatoes with a lot of salt.

But yeah, thryoid never helped me nor did consuming lots of fruits and milk...it always made me cold.
The only thing that warmed me up was consuming a hot meal of starch and

OP
I

iLoveSugar

Interesting, starches are very well missed. Potatoes have long been my favorite food. I have cut all starch out with the rare exception of here or there. They do seem to make me worse though. So difficult.

eminions

Yeah, starches probably aren't for everyone. I just noticed more benefits when I ate them then when I avoided them.

Starches are extremely cheap. They help me get manganese. Help me actually feel full as opposed to whatever lots of milk, OJ and fruits makes me feel. Make me warmer.

pretty_wise

iLoveSugar said:
ilovethesea said:
iLoveSugar said:
Unless I just simply need a TON of thyroid.

This. I used to think my cold extremities were due to "circulation" too but no, thyroid was the only thing that worked - and it *really* works.

iLoveSugar said:
I have been using cytomel, up to 30 mcg daily, for many months, and it never warms me up. Also, NO food, salt, sugar, etc, seems to warm them up. They are ALWAYS. 100%. Frozen! My hands, about 80% of the time. Even socks don't warm up my feet.

Why don't you try Cynoplus? Also, do you measure your body temperature and pulse?

Thanks so much for the reply. I'm currently googling all kinds of info about ALS since I have had this uncontrollable wrist twitching/hand weakness for the past day or so. Agh!

I know we are all different, but what amount/how often proved to be the trick for you? The reason I only take cytomel, is because during our email conversation, Ray has continually said that T3 alone is better for now since the T4 will not work if any liver issues are present. Pretty much, T3 will guarantee to work...

I have taken many intrevals of 4-6 mcg, and noticed no improvement.

Some people need way more T3. Dr. Lowe was on 150mcg split up throughout the day for 25 years. You'll have to play around with dosing & timing. Also, if iron and cortisol isn't optimal, thyroid meds won't work.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

That sounds like advice from the thyroid groups. Ray says fixing thyroid will fix adrenals and iron DEFINITELY should not be high.

Just wondering if you upped your dose of thyroid? I read/heard somewhere that RP said sometimes we need even MORE thyroid in the winter due to low light levels etc. I know that is definitely true for me this winter, I have doubled my dose and still have such cold hands, feet and nose that people around me wonder if I have coolant in my veins. How can my hands and feet be COLDER than the ambient room temperature???

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals