FREEZING hands and feet

OP
I

iLoveSugar

Never seen this reply, so sorry. Thyroid still doesn't seem to do much for me. No matter if I am bundled up in my covers, or have socks on, my feet are extremely cold. They also hurt. Freezing cold!

pboy

I just read through this topic, eminions really gave the best advice. Chronically hypotonic consumption leads to inability of circulation to really have fire behind it and reach the extremeties. It isn't the fact that it was starch itself that made the difference for him (note how after he sweat he felt better too), it was the fact he was actually consuming something hypertonic in carb/prt as opposed to iso/hypo, aka...empowered the water more rather than have it be plain. Ill try to sum up the concept simply...if your fluid intake exceeds a certain level of carb/prt per oz on average, the body is majorly burdened and diluted...and youll probably fiend for something denser in carb/prt to water (like potato, starches). Even something like plain coffee isn't good, or without enough sugar/to water ratio...things like this, and drinking plain water, adding water to fruit juice, can really burden metabolism. It probably has nothing to do with your hormones or liver or any deficiency at all, considering you are eating and consuming all of them. Its the way signals are sent in the body...theres no way for the body to overcome being diluted in water (which mimics chronic hypoglycemia) other than to consume something, or a lot, that is hypertonic to water. Salt and other solutes don't help alone, it has to be calories that affect tonicity (so not fat). When you drink milk, add sugar to it a few spoons with no water added. You might do good to consume something like evaporated milk even, and/or a good amount of potatoes...just don't eat it in a soupy form, have it moist but dry. Once you start doing this youll probably pee out a whole lot of water during that day and the next, more than you've been taking in

pboy

just to add also, this was a huge problem for me in the past when I first got into Peat and was into making herbal teas before that, so I know how it feels and understand...its not a fun place to be in. The thing is, this alone can also effect hormones...after taking in something really hypertonic your hormones actually increase...in my case, voice lowered so it was pretty obvious

LucyL

iLoveSugar said:
I can not, for the life of me, warm up my hands or feet. They are always so cold, it's very uncomfortable to touch any part of my body. I have not found a way, with any food, or non-food, to warm up my extremeties and keep them warm.

I did a quick search, didn't look like anyone had suggested it so fwiw, alpaca slippers, fur to the inside, are my favorite for warming up feet. Not a cure I know, but might make you more comfortable. Also, in cases of frost bite or extreme cold, the best way to warm up cold extremities is to place them on the trunk of the body. Kind of hard to do with your own feet, :P but you could keep your hands underneath all garments against your abdomen for short term warmth.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

pboy said:
just to add also, this was a huge problem for me in the past when I first got into Peat and was into making herbal teas before that, so I know how it feels and understand...its not a fun place to be in. The thing is, this alone can also effect hormones...after taking in something really hypertonic your hormones actually increase...in my case, voice lowered so it was pretty obvious

The only starch I am a real fan of is potatoes and they seem detrimental to me everytime. I am now 2 days into an all milk/sugar diet, so hoping things turn around. So far, nothing much has changed except more bloated than normal.

pboy

its not ideal but you could try ripe or cooked bananas, with no water added...and no salt added. It would probably help you considering the circumstances, don't really know what other options there are. Cream colored sweet potato, turnip, rutabaga...in your current situation it would probably be better to limit salt and just focus on caloric density and no extra water

superhuman

in terms of the fluid to whatever ratio im not really sure about.
If you eat calorie dense low fluid foods you will eat insane amount of calories and also get thirsty esp if some of it is salty or contains sodium.
You will get warm but also very fat by doing this

pboy

really? this girl needs help atm man. No fat fear stuff. The fact you need to drink water after a meal is an indication you've used too much salt. Ive wrote about it here before, excess salt doesn't 'boost metabolism' or relieve water, its a neutral substance and an irritant in more than moderate amounts. That is why I said above for her not to add salt atm, so that wont be a problem. Shes probably already holding too much as it is, the body needs energy to actually move salt and water around, energy comes first. If you try to add salt to a hypoglycemic state youll just retain it. Its actually incredibly hard to overeat starches or any food that doesn't have salt on it, in more than a pinch amount, couple pinches, it deadens taste buds and nerve sensations, and makes it near impossible to properly sense the food and for your body to be intimate with what is coming in

OP
I

iLoveSugar

pboy said:
really? this girl needs help atm man. No fat fear stuff. The fact you need to drink water after a meal is an indication you've used too much salt. Ive wrote about it here before, excess salt doesn't 'boost metabolism' or relieve water, its a neutral substance and an irritant in more than moderate amounts. That is why I said above for her not to add salt atm, so that wont be a problem. Shes probably already holding too much as it is, the body needs energy to actually move salt and water around, energy comes first. If you try to add salt to a hypoglycemic state youll just retain it. Its actually incredibly hard to overeat starches or any food that doesn't have salt on it, in more than a pinch amount, couple pinches, it deadens taste buds and nerve sensations, and makes it near impossible to properly sense the food and for your body to be intimate with what is coming in

An email from Ray tonight kind of contradicts what you said.

"The whole milk is very calorie rich. A little more salt might help, stimulating your metabolism. Some aspirin might help the symptoms, as well as stimulating metabolism".

pboy

well good luck, you can try it or not I suppose. You do need salt, but very little, and if you are hypoglycemic if only adds to your load/burden. Its a fine line and situational, and I was specifically talking to you in your current state, assuming based on what id read you've been adding plenty of salt in your diet. Milk alone is a salt abundant food

and also, just because whole milk is calorie rich doesn't mean you have to consume too many calories. Whole milk is probably 50% or more of my diet, I consume many cups a day, yet my overall calories are still normal. Im active mobile lean and don't get any problems at all from it. Its a balanced high efficiency food

OP
I

iLoveSugar

I'm so confused. I get bloated and full so easy, and that then becomes the death of me. So if I just slowly drink milk, with minimal salt, I am hoping to clear free of any potential allergens. Bananas don't do well with me either, I'd rather just eat potatoes. Since milk is so nutritionally complete, I should try and get most from it.

Waynish

Have a friend who had a great experience on their first dose of T3, but their next 10 doses have just made them cold (so they're thinking of stopping). But the first dose was a great experience for them. Any ideas? They claim to be talking about 3mcgs each time.

Vins7

Ah ok. Then I second the thyroid reco. I used to be freezing all the time and that made the biggest difference.
Do you mean thyroid medication or thyroid improvement changing things like diet, digestion, stress, etc?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals