Freezing down here in sunny Oz

katiekeen

Hi Everybody, this is my first post to any forum ever so here we go! Just a question about estrogen and progesterone, I have used prog on and off for a while and it always makes me feel worse. I am extremely est. dominant so I am wondering if it is just my receptors'waking up'as I have read elsewhere. I usually end up giving it up. I am just waiting for my Progest E to arrive from the US and am hopeful that this will make a difference. I am a 45 year old female with a looooooong history of feeling like ***t. Started on Peat regime a couple of weeks ago and I have to say it is the best I have felt (mentally mostly) for ages so I am keen to persist. The freezing reference in the subject line is to my tootsies....always cold. Thanks!!

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Katiekeen, welcome to the forum! :welcome

I think Rayser or one of the ladies should be able to help you out with the progest E dosing.

Just keep working at it. It can take some time to get warmth back in the tootsies. I sometimes complain that I am too hot now! :lol: But just stick with it and I am confident you are on the right track! :rockout

4peatssake

katiekeen said:
Hi Everybody, this is my first post to any forum ever so here we go! Just a question about estrogen and progesterone, I have used prog on and off for a while and it always makes me feel worse. I am extremely est. dominant so I am wondering if it is just my receptors'waking up'as I have read elsewhere. I usually end up giving it up. I am just waiting for my Progest E to arrive from the US and am hopeful that this will make a difference. I am a 45 year old female with a looooooong history of feeling like s***. Started on Peat regime a couple of weeks ago and I have to say it is the best I have felt (mentally mostly) for ages so I am keen to persist. The freezing reference in the subject line is to my tootsies....always cold. Thanks!!

:welcome2 to the forum Katie Keen!

I began taking Progest E a few weeks ago. Within 3 days of using it, I had the first normal period I have had in many months. I am perimenopausal and my periods became extremely heavy, horrible really. Not painful but wickedly heavy.

Right now, I am taking 3 drops - 3 to 4 times daily.

I'm estrogen dominant as well and hypothyroid. Cold hands and feet are symptoms of hypothyroidism. Ray Peat recommend the Achilles Heel test for me to help me confirm that.

I didn't use a fancy hammer when I conducted the test - he told me he uses the end of a table knife so I used that. There are good videos showing how to do it online. You'll need someone to help you.

How is your diet? Can you let us know what that looks like? Sometimes we can recognize where you need to make some improvements with diet as well. It's absolutely critical to get the food right for our bodies to heal.

Good luck and keep us posted!

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
4peatssake said:
It's absolutely critical to get the food right for our bodies to heal.

:1

OP
K

katiekeen

Thanks for your posts and kind welcome!
As to my diet- trying to be Peatafied in everything I eat, mainly OJ, milk, gelatin, cheese, occasionally eggies, more OJ, more milk, more cheese, occasionally taties. Taking Vitamin E, Vit D, aspirin (though doing this haphazardly cos it made my nose bleed). Couldn't bare the thought of liver or oysters unfortunately. I know I need to up my protein, just tricky finding sources cos I don't want to eat meat, not in the early stages at least. We can't get Haagen Daz here in Australia so I bought my self an ice-cream maker and have been mainlining the yummiest vanilla ice-cream ever!
I have compounded natural thyroid, we can't get Armour here, which my nutritional doctor prescribed and am using that very very slowly. Basically emptied my 15 mg capsules into a container and dipping my finger in daily. Adrenaline is also a BIG issue for me (what brought me to try Peat in the first place) so initially thyroid seems to increase that. I am prepared to be patient-as I said, I have felt crappy for so long (like everyone else on here, I'm sure!) and I am feeling better on Peat than with anything else I have tried, so slowly.
My TSH is 0.6 but my reverseT3 has always been high, now sitting at 371 so I am wondering if I need just T3 instead of the whole natural thyroid. Loooong history and diagnosis of adrenal fatigue but my blood sugar seems so much more stable on Peat. One of my nutritional doctors (and I have seen plenty!) prescribed me 20mg of hydrocortisone for 18 months which calmed me down somewhat but left me with a legacy of 10 kilos which I can't shift!! With all the sugar on the Peat diet the scales are heading upwards but I can't worry about that now, I just need to feel better. Another strange side effect of the HC is that my feet are painful to walk on first thing in the morning. Weird, I know.
I feel my estrogen levels dropping with Peat, I want to persist with the progesterone cos I know it will eventually make me feel better. Have seen a post on here from Peatarian where she says to saturate yourself with the Progest E initially which is what I plan to do when it arrives.
Wow, I have rambled on for ages, time to jump in the shower and head off to the physio.
Raising my glass of OJ and gelatin to you all
PS my thoughts are with you in the US with the Boston bombings and West, Texas disaster
Xx

Mittir

What is your T3 level? RP mentioned that cortisol increases reverse T3 . Are you eating small meals through out the day to keep your blood sugar and cortisol in check? Do you know whats is your total carb and protein intake? Protein plays a big role in keeping the liver healthy so that you can handle estrogen and endotoxin. You did not mention raw carrot salad or cooked bamboo shoot intake. They are very good at lowering estrogen and increasing progesterone. You can have your liver enzyme tested. ALT and AST can give you a good idea how your liver is working. Liver is a key in keeping everything in check.
Selenium is also crucial in decreasing reverse T3. You do not need oysters, any seafood is rich in selenium. Shrimp, Squid are fine choice, these are low in iron and high in copper . Light therapy is very helpful in increasing body temperature and increasing metabolism. Here is a thread on red light therapy
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=187

OP
K

katiekeen

Thanks for your responses. Unfortunately I don't have any T3 results. I do eat small meals during the day and I am having a daily raw carrot salad. I would like to pursue the light therapy thing but am a bit confused-I have read about using a 250 watt red globe and also an iradescant light (not sure what that is). Any useful hints?
Thanks

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals