Freezing after carrot salad

jaywills

Does anybody else experience this? My temps drop dramatically as confirmed by an oral thermometer and my feet get freezing cold. I eat the salad every day and wash the carrots for carotene.

Is this the carotene shutting down my thyroid activity? I've tested and assessed this and it happens half an hour after the salad every time. I have my salad greated with coconut oil.

Mittir

It has happened to me few times. I just drink a glass of juice half an hour or an hour
before eating carrot salad to replete glycogen storage. Eat more foods after 2 hours
of eating carrot.

YuraCZ

I wonder how counterproductive it is to eat carrots every day due to the high content of carotene .. Especially for hypothyroid people. Same thing with beef liver and a high copper content, which may also be a big problem for hypothyroid people with low ceruloplasmin...

jyb

YuraCZ said:
I wonder how counterproductive it is to eat carrots every day due to the high content of carotene .. Especially for hypothyroid people. Same thing with beef liver and a high copper content, which may also be a big problem for hypothyroid people with low ceruloplasmin...

Cooked carrot is rocket high in carotene, but absorption from uncooked carrot could well be a completely different story.

Gl;itch.e

I have noticed that temps can drop after a carrot salad on its own. It could be from increased blood flow to the intestines or from dropping stress hormones.

I don't think carotene would have this acute effect. I think it could build up to be troublesome over time. I found that even with fully rinsed raw carrot I still got build up in my calluses on my hands when eating them every day. I now eat carrot more sporadically 2-3 times a week.

Mittir

RP recommends eating raw carrot salad separate from the meal.
Eating raw carrot with meal increases the break down and absorption
of carotene. Idea is that carrot fiber escape digestion and reaches gut flora
with it's antibiotic compounds.

Mauritio

Does anybody else experience this? My temps drop dramatically as confirmed by an oral thermometer and my feet get freezing cold. I eat the salad every day and wash the carrots for carotene.

Is this the carotene shutting down my thyroid activity? I've tested and assessed this and it happens half an hour after the salad every time. I have my salad greated with coconut oil.
I think I have the same effect to the carrot salad. I also suspect that I gain weight from it even when its just 1 or 2 carrots, which corroborates it causing hypothyroidism. I also notice that my skin looks more tanned/orange due to the carotene, but that actually looks pretty good. I will try to reduce it to half a carrot per day.
On the good side: it seems to increase stuck bile flow and help me go to the bathroom.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals