Freely Eating Sugar Ruined Me

jitsmonkey

Too much sugar is the LEAST of your trouble friend.
Some outstanding advice given you on this thread if you can take some responsibility for your situation
stop w the blame game.

Serious Black

I started with milk and orange juice at first, but pretty soon I got so sick of them that I would get nauseous even just by looking at them. Plus milk gave me stomach pain, and orange juice gave me high blood pressure if I drank more than 1-2 glasses per day. Orange juice in particular was extremely bad for me... It made my blood pressure hover around 150/80. After stopping orange juice, however, BP is now back to 120/70! Coca cola was the only source of sugar which I could stand, but clearly I overdid it. It seems like starch is a necessary component of my diet.

Whenever I buy/cook any healthy solid food at all, I take a bite of it, and it tastes like leather to me. The only things tasty are fries, fried chicken, and coca-cola. I might just have to eat a few meals of just fries. I'm sure PUFA is better than no food at all, especially when I'm getting <1000 calories daily. What I don't understand is how I'm eating so little but still gaining weight (and my temperature is higher than ever, so metabolism doesn't seem to be slowing...)

Your starving man! Eat something! Enough with the liquid only crap go eat some real food and enjoy yourself for once.

I started with milk and orange juice at first, but pretty soon I got so sick of them that I would get nauseous even just by looking at them. Plus milk gave me stomach pain, and orange juice gave me high blood pressure if I drank more than 1-2 glasses per day. Orange juice in particular was extremely bad for me... It made my blood pressure hover around 150/80. After stopping orange juice, however, BP is now back to 120/70! Coca cola was the only source of sugar which I could stand, but clearly I overdid it. It seems like starch is a necessary component of my diet.

Whenever I buy/cook any healthy solid food at all, I take a bite of it, and it tastes like leather to me. The only things tasty are fries, fried chicken, and coca-cola. I might just have to eat a few meals of just fries. I'm sure PUFA is better than no food at all, especially when I'm getting <1000 calories daily. What I don't understand is how I'm eating so little but still gaining weight (and my temperature is higher than ever, so metabolism doesn't seem to be slowing...)

There's no reason to believe you "overdid it" with Coca-Cola. Start eating small amounts of the most nutrient dense foods you can handle (kale broth, maybe an egg, or maybe some liver, cheese or steak). Each day, add a bit more.

Xisca

But it's a pity about the search engines, as the thread title will now be associated with this forum.
No problem, we can see that this is true and people will be warned to not do it.

Now, let's help someone who made a mistake, admit it, and needs help to reverse his problem.

Xisca

There's no reason to believe you "overdid it" with Coca-Cola.
Maybe underdid what should go with the coca-cola?
This is a great stuff to digest proteins!

No problem, we can see that this is true and people will be warned to not do it.

Now, let's help someone who made a mistake, admit it, and needs help to reverse his problem.

I personally have done days with just soda and it makes me nauseous. Perhaps there is some truth to the notion that not only protein should be taken with carbs, but also viceversa.

Xisca

not only protein should be taken with carbs, but also viceversa.
I believe it, and we can thank this sad testimony...
carbs have to be taken with "something", to slow the sugar and avoid hyperglycemia, and hypo, and adrenaline and cortisol and stress.
I also believe in the sort of fiber of the fruit, soluble better. RP says more or less that we can just make our best when we have no good fruit.
BTW, even monkeys spit the fibrous fiber when it is too much.
All bran & co has spoiled many guts here, and we have to heal now...

I believe it, and we can thank this sad testimony...
carbs have to be taken with "something", to slow the sugar and avoid hyperglycemia, and hypo, and adrenaline and cortisol and stress.
I also believe in the sort of fiber of the fruit, soluble better. RP says more or less that we can just make our best when we have no good fruit.
BTW, even monkeys spit the fibrous fiber when it is too much.
All bran & co has spoiled many guts here, and we have to heal now...
I think the insulin might accumulate tryptophan in the blood. There should be a thread about it.

Maybe underdid what should go with the coca-cola?
This is a great stuff to digest proteins!

Absolutely!

Even if you're intent on regularly eating fried chicken, french fries and Coca-Cola, you can do a lot worse than this. Warren Buffett has led a highly productive life on a similar diet.

Xisca

Xisca

nikolabeacon

Do you still eat 200 grams of protein? What makes up your protein intake?

Well not everyday but on average around 170 now since i eat a bit more fat . meat around 300g sometimes more(veal, lamb and sometimes fish), milk 2-3 L , 1-3 eggs and small amounts from gelatinuous broths, wheat and juice or potato juice.

I have been eating lots of table sugar and always got nauseous and lose appetite for it after 250 g or so and I was always convinced that its beacuse its refined and devoid of nutrition( and hence some of my past comments that i didnt have appetite for lots of sugar) but anecdotaly I found out that after eating solid servings of meat , liver or cheese i get very good appetite for sweet things and it works just fine.

I tried replacing with large quantities of starch (mostly wheat) majority of table sugar but i also got nauseous after some time , taste becomes very heavy on stomach and i can not correct that with eating more protein while with table sugar it works fine without problems.

Last edited:

Kibs

I did the freely raw till 4 thing for about 6 months, I'd say around 50 grams of protein maybe. Was eating around 3000 cals (1000 more than normal) and I lost 2+ stone (over 28lbs).

I felt awesome, could run longer, calasthenics improved, had the biggest chest and leanest stomach ive ever had to this day. Skin was so clear.

So either things work for different people or people eat this much and sit around not doing anything. Why did I stop, because I like trying new things but tbh I might go back one day.

I dident feel deficient of b12 but I would add it this time.

Xisca

Thanks
Large carbohydrate meal will cause lots of problems other than increasing serotonin.
Carbohydrate, especially high glycemic starch, will cause rapid increase in blood sugar.
This leads to high insulin secretion, this causes fat synthesis and cortisol increase.
It is the intense increase in insulin that increases ratio of Tryptophan to other neutral amino acids and this may lead to increased serotonin production.
Just by changing ratio of carb, fat and protein one can easily lower insulin response and ratio of tryptophan.
Mixed meal have lower glycemic index than high carb meal. Here is a study that describes this
High-glycaemic index and -glycaemic load meals increase the availability of tryptophan in healthy volunteers. - PubMed - NCBI
RP recommends small frequent meals with carb,protein and fat to minimize
high blood sugar and insulin response. Adding some gelatin with tryptophan rich food
will also lower the tryptophan ratio.
¿Good plan to accompagny the coke?

Thanks

¿Good plan to accompagny the coke?

BCAA sure, but milk has the perfect amount of BCAA and tyrosine too... also baking soda seems too help too with coca cola side effects.

Xisca

T

tca300

Too much sugar is the LEAST of your trouble friend.
Some outstanding advice given you on this thread if you can take some responsibility for your situation
stop w the blame game.
Thank you for posting that.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals