Free meal at work,... but with PUFA, what to do?

Max.

I recently start at a new job in a hotel in my city and at my work time, i can eat the dinner for free, sometimes i can get some lunch meals too, but actually i am not eating, because i am afraid to eat too much PUFA, but i am curious, if i use vitamin E, C and may something else, this is safe to do long term?

Jsaute21

I am in these situations once in a while. I probably avoid 60-70% of the time; give in and eat 30-40% of the time. I will 8/10 remember to take vitamin e later that day or shortly after the meal. Can't be perfect all the time - not realistic to be 100% pufa free. Some on here are close and good for them. I don't roll like that.

HeyThere

I research to the nth degree and just have to cut off at certain subjects. Can someone give me a very small and quick synopsis on what is so bad about PUFAs.
Are Eskimos dying of cancers and stuff? Don't they eat mostly PUFAs with all the fish they eat? Same with coastal communities? I started taking PUFAs and felt the opening of my veins and softening of my veins, skin and insides within days. I definitely needed it, maybe that's the distinction?

Jerkboy

If you are active your body will use the PUFA anyways. If you are not active you might store them. Just like you would store a shitload of other stuff from food if you are not active.

Ideal? No. You can always take vitamin E with the meals.

If it is small meals no problem in my opinion.

DDRB

Yeah, caring about your health and what you eat is a severe disorder
Do not eat junk food, eat a diet that makes you feel good = healthy eating

Refusing a balanced dish that you can certainly tolerate without problem because there would be a moderate amount of a certain type of fatty acid that you have learned to demonize according to a certain marginal dogma = mental illness

It's just a normal balanced dish with maybe a teaspoon of sunflower oil or something, it doesn't even specify the nature of the pufa.
You say that as if it were a question of feeding on kinder bueno.
You have to see nutrition as a game where you look for what suits you best, there's no point in being scared like that.