Free Fatty Acids (FFA) Suppression

Combie

Hey Charlie are you still suffering with the dermatitis? I got rid of some long standing patches of dermatitis with flowers of sulphur mixed into oilatum cream.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Yes still dealing with it. When I push my metabolism up too hard it comes on or if I am stressed out it flares up more. I am thinking its related to estrogen/serotonin etc.

Did you do the flowers of sulfur internally?

Kray

Charlie said:
Yes still dealing with it. When I push my metabolism up too hard it comes on or if I am stressed out it flares up more. I am thinking its related to estrogen/serotonin etc.

Having a history of dermatitis, with recent flare-ups in the past few years, I'm considering a probiotic oral supplement. Have you ever tried this to help your condition? From reading feedback here and peatarian, seems like it's 50-50.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
No I have never tried it.

Combie

Charlie said:

No, i mixed it into oilatum, which is a paraffin based brand of emollient cream in the UK.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Oilatum-2815611 ... B000LNCBC6

I just mixed a load of sulphur in and applied. Think i only put it on twice and it disappeared, but yours sounds far more severe than what i had.

I dont think the type of carrier oil/cream amkes much of a difference

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Aaaah ok. So you basically killed it at the surface. Maybe I will give it a shot.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I actually have some of that zinc cream stuff. But I read somewhere after using it a while the fungus evolves and gets stronger. So I have been trying to treat it at the source, just need to find out the source. lol

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I wonder if niacinamide made into a paste and applied topically would help? I don't have this problem but Peat mentioned it for Brown spots topically in the recent radio program. If niacinamide inhibits free fatty acids internally maybe it would help topically? I'm just speculating.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
There's a thought. I know topical aspirin works well. If you look at the over the counter medicine Scalpicin that treats dandruff/dermitits its actually aspirin.

jyb

Blossom said:
I wonder if niacinamide made into a paste and applied topically would help? I don't have this problem but Peat mentioned it for Brown spots topically in the recent radio program. If niacinamide inhibits free fatty acids internally maybe it would help topically? I'm just speculating.

Yes, there are studies/threads on this forum about topical niacinamide. RP's recent article on rosacea also contains a few other topical suggestions. I've tried a solution of water, niacinamide and caffeine on an acne prone area, but even that seems to trigger acne so I gave up topical treatment.

Kray

Charlie said:
I actually have some of that zinc cream stuff. But I read somewhere after using it a while the fungus evolves and gets stronger. So I have been trying to treat it at the source, just need to find out the source. lol

Yikes, thanks for that tip! I suggested the zinc specifically because that seems to be the best for seborrhea (and based upon reviews). I haven't been able to figure out if my dermatitis is seb or eczema because it looks different among the areas I have the rash, and some locations not typical for seborrhea. Anyway, what I didn't say was that I am just starting on a tallow balm, and have some tallow soap on its way. In a matter of days my skin is 80% better. I don't want to give false hope because I've been tweaking some dietary things too (changed milk brands to jersey source and stopped oj, nightshades), and don't know if it helps specifically for seborrhea. I don't know if it really matters. Here are some links. I do find the proclaimed benefits to be quite compelling, considering the animal vs. plant debate in foods; why not externally?

http://www.vintagetradition.com/traditi ... cience.php
http://www.vintagetradition.com/
http://www.grassfedbeefny.com/soap.html

I'll keep you posted. Please do the same.
P.S. I wouldn't recommend the TOTALLY UNSCENTED, I had to add some eo to make it better. Some reviewers found their animals were a little too interested in it. :lol:

ddjd

:?:

Very strange.
According to Hoffer, only niacinamide and hexaniacinate taken in many grams can cause hepatotoxicity, but never niacin, which is, according to him, the safer alternative.
It's been half a decade. Are you still a big fan of regular niacin??
I've read that although it initially does increase Histamine ( and Serotonin and prostaglandins), in the long term it can actually help lower histamine apparantly

burtlancast

It's been half a decade. Are you still a big fan of regular niacin??
I've read that although it initially does increase Histamine ( and Serotonin and prostaglandins), in the long term it can actually help lower histamine apparantly

I had to quit both high dose niacin and niacinamide after a year or so of usage because of atrocious migraines it started triggering chronically, even after continuous usage.

Other people around me can tolerate these dosages without problems.

And the strange thing is they ended up triggering these migraines even in minuscule dosages (20 mg or so). (i bought the niacinamide from healthnatura, so it was supposed to be extra-pure: the niacin was from NOW FOODS).

When taking a B Complex containing 50 mg, i don't get the headaches.

Just my luck.

But the magnesium chloride and iodine i now regularly consume more than make up for them (health-wise).

Last edited: