Frank Tufano Debates Kyle Mamounis

Jessie

Did anyone ever see this one? From last year, so it's old, but I've never seen it before. Anyways it's pretty good. Tufano was clearly outmatched, kept talking in circles about examining ancestral communities.

That's not really the main reason I thought it was interesting though. Kyle mentioned that the Inuit were more resistant to entering ketosis then most Westerners. I found this very interesting, considering much of the low carb broscience is built off examining this indigenous population.

Apparently whale blubber also has a starchy consistency to it, that can apparently be a source of glucose. Which is something the Inuit also consumed.

rebuke

The inuit also ate fresh kills raw, making muscle meat a source of glycogen before it turns into lactic acid.

Vegancrossfit

The Inuit have a genetic component to their resistance to ketosis. Chris masterjohn has a couple of videos on the matter.

There isn’t a single tribe that survives/survived on Walmart’s steaks 24/7. That being said there isn’t a single tribe who’s been raised on Pop Tarts and Honey Nut Cheerios and skim milk and pizzas so... what can you do when you’re dealing with such damage.

OP
J

Jessie

Feel that earthquake anyone? That's the sound of the low carb's foundation crumbling away!

In all seriousness though, I think freshly killed meat was probably a minor source of their meat consumption. They would probably do some eating while butchering the animal, but the rest was probably dried and/or smoked to preserve it. Albeit some exceptions, like freshly harvested liver would be a really dense source of glycogen.

I do find it weird that low carbers co-opt Weston Price's work though. It's been a while since I've read it, but dosen't he say in his book the Vikings were one of the most healthiest groups? Their main foods were like fermented bread and dairy. The important takeaway from Price's work was micronutrients, not animal fat.

PaRa

Feel that earthquake anyone? That's the sound of the low carb's foundation crumbling away!

In all seriousness though, I think freshly killed meat was probably a minor source of their meat consumption. They would probably do some eating while butchering the animal, but the rest was probably dried and/or smoked to preserve it. Albeit some exceptions, like freshly harvested liver would be a really dense source of glycogen.

I do find it weird that low carbers co-opt Weston Price's work though. It's been a while since I've read it, but dosen't he say in his book the Vikings were one of the most healthiest groups? Their main foods were like fermented bread and dairy. The important takeaway from Price's work was micronutrients, not animal fat.

For sure it cracks me up when keto zealots are like « yeah fat is so nutrient rich, beef tallow is full of vitamins and minerals » well ok I don’t think it’s thaaaat rich Man
For sure some fruits are more nutrients dense than beef tallow or lard or others fat tissues, exception in these fat is butter but between skimmed and full fat milk the gap isn’t that large

BuT suGar depleTes nUtrientzzzz

on the paper the stereotyped ray peat diet of skimmed milk and oj is quite micronutrient rich, if you « replace » whole milk fat by fresh oj (calories wise) it’s probably richer/a smart trade

btw dairies, organs, meat fish seafood eggs and fruits are the best I think, taste good, not a lot of preparation, nutrients, low antinutrients
But sure it costs more than nuggets ketchup and pastaS

Kram

There isn’t a single tribe that survives/survived on Walmart’s steaks 24/7. That being said there isn’t a single tribe who’s been raised on Pop Tarts and Honey Nut Cheerios and skim milk and pizzas so... what can you do when you’re dealing with such damage.

Truth.

OP
J

Jessie

For sure it cracks me up when keto zealots are like « yeah fat is so nutrient rich, beef tallow is full of vitamins and minerals » well ok I don’t think it’s thaaaat rich Man
For sure some fruits are more nutrients dense than beef tallow or lard or others fat tissues, exception in these fat is butter but between skimmed and full fat milk the gap isn’t that large

BuT suGar depleTes nUtrientzzzz

on the paper the stereotyped ray peat diet of skimmed milk and oj is quite micronutrient rich, if you « replace » whole milk fat by fresh oj (calories wise) it’s probably richer/a smart trade

btw dairies, organs, meat fish seafood eggs and fruits are the best I think, taste good, not a lot of preparation, nutrients, low antinutrients
But sure it costs more than nuggets ketchup and pastaS
This is true. I think tallow or lard may help absorb certain nutrients, but they aren't rich in nutrients themselves.

ursidae

ray peat people always so calm and tolerant in debates, that was a pleasure to listen to

Recently stumbled on this one debating a vegan

I think Frank can’t move on from the Weston Price stuff because of the malocclusion. He’s still getting plastic surgery

ursidae

For the level of health paranoia this guy has, he's done a surprising number of invasive surgeries. He's also had two Le Fort surgeries and gynecomastia surgery. Surely those involve a hefty dose of IV antibiotics and other meds. Solid effort to overcome the gracile Mediterranean phenotype. He's also been doing the Grant Genereux low vitamin A diet for 2 years I think, although he doesn't really admit to his audience that he's avoiding vitamin A

peter88

For the level of health paranoia this guy has, he's done a surprising number of invasive surgeries. He's also had two Le Fort surgeries and gynecomastia surgery. Surely those involve a hefty dose of IV antibiotics and other meds. Solid effort to overcome the gracile Mediterranean phenotype. He's also been doing the Grant Genereux low vitamin A diet for 2 years I think, although he doesn't really admit to his audience that he's avoiding vitamin A
Very strange. He’s one of the most neurotic influencers I’ve seen that strictly avoids “toxins”. He even rinses his food with bottled spring water. Yet he gets surgery after surgery plus a full chest tattoo.

Look at his face now...

View: https://youtube.com/shorts/bVaNMcycAKg?si=2wipX0BGBxMVDZFw

ursidae

Very strange. He’s one of the most neurotic influencers I’ve seen that strictly avoids “toxins”. He even rinses his food with bottled spring water. Yet he gets surgery after surgery plus a full chest tattoo.

Look at his face now...

View: https://youtube.com/shorts/bVaNMcycAKg?si=2wipX0BGBxMVDZFw

Very uncanny, but it's early days in terms of results, still inflamed. He had orbital decompression too and two other procedures. There were a lot of bone level issues with his eyes other than tilt, and it only gets worse with age. I'd get this done too if I could withstand such traumatic surgery, anaesthesia and a long antibiotic course

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom