Found The Safest Soap To Use During Shower

Is it safe?

• Yes safe to use all over (Even on genitals etc)

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Only safe to use limited (Just armpits etc)

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • No not safe

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters

Jib

What do you guys think of stainless steel?

Stainless steel soap - Wikipedia

I just took a shower and it did help. Underarm odor before the shower is completely gone, they smell completely neutral. All I did was rub it on my underarms under running water for a little while. Forgot that I bought this thing years ago.

I haven't used shampoo in years and my hair is beyond fine.

Shower filters make a huge difference for me. Specifically, in terms of skin and hair dryness. I use an AquaBliss filter, and change it every once in a while. They say 6 months, but I go without showering for kinda long periods of time, so it usually lasts a lot longer for me. If I was dating or in a relationship I'd be showering daily it would be even more important :)

BearWithMe

What do you guys think of stainless steel?

Stainless steel soap - Wikipedia

I just took a shower and it did help. Underarm odor before the shower is completely gone, they smell completely neutral. All I did was rub it on my underarms under running water for a little while. Forgot that I bought this thing years ago.

I haven't used shampoo in years and my hair is beyond fine.

Shower filters make a huge difference for me. Specifically, in terms of skin and hair dryness. I use an AquaBliss filter, and change it every once in a while. They say 6 months, but I go without showering for kinda long periods of time, so it usually lasts a lot longer for me. If I was dating or in a relationship I'd be showering daily it would be even more important :)
Wow this looks really interesting! I think I'm going to buy one to test it.

Are you sure the effect is not the same as washing your body with just water? This also eliminates smell to some extent

Jib

Wow this looks really interesting! I think I'm going to buy one to test it.

Are you sure the effect is not the same as washing your body with just water? This also eliminates smell to some extent

I can't say I'm sure 100%. But was surprised at how neutral I smelled after using this today. If I can find something bigger, or get something bigger and polish it, I think that would be ideal. The one I have is a little small for me. Though you definitely don't wanna be naked in a shower and drop a steel block on your toe.

Not that that would be any better fully clothed and not in a shower. But bad things happening when you're naked in a shower are always worse. Just one of the laws of the universe.

Philomath

What is clean? Smell? Usually odors are from bacteria. I would think keeping your gut clean and maybe washing with salt water would keep odors at bay. Greasy hair may be from the use of drying chemicals in shampoo - an over production of compensatory oil maybe?

BearWithMe

I can't say I'm sure 100%. But was surprised at how neutral I smelled after using this today. If I can find something bigger, or get something bigger and polish it, I think that would be ideal. The one I have is a little small for me. Though you definitely don't wanna be naked in a shower and drop a steel block on your toe.

Not that that would be any better fully clothed and not in a shower. But bad things happening when you're naked in a shower are always worse. Just one of the laws of the universe.
Haha, understood. :D Thank you, just have ordered one, I'm really curious how this is going to work for me.

Dave Clark

What exactly about soap is endocrine disrupting, and are there studies proving this? Also, if soap does this, without testing of some sort, how do we know whether or not ethanol, sodium bicarbonate, etc. and all the substitutes for soap aren't disrupting as well. Sodium bicarbonate changes the Ph of the skin to an alkaline state, where the skin wants to be slightly acidic. These ideas seem a bit speculative to me. Are there any before and after hormone tests to show that soap disrupts and messes with hormones? Soap is applied and promptly washed off, which is next to no contact time, and if the soap takes something out of the skin (other than disturbing Ph), what is it and why/how does it affect hormones?

BearWithMe

What exactly about soap is endocrine disrupting, and are there studies proving this? Also, if soap does this, without testing of some sort, how do we know whether or not ethanol, sodium bicarbonate, etc. and all the substitutes for soap aren't disrupting as well. Sodium bicarbonate changes the Ph of the skin to an alkaline state, where the skin wants to be slightly acidic. These ideas seem a bit speculative to me. Are there any before and after hormone tests to show that soap disrupts and messes with hormones? Soap is applied and promptly washed off, which is next to no contact time, and if the soap takes something out of the skin (other than disturbing Ph), what is it and why/how does it affect hormones?
Would be also curious about this, but I can tell from my very limited n=1 anecdotal experience that the quality of my skin, when I'm not using any soap, is significantly better. It both looks and feels much better. This is even more apparent with scalp. It is really night and day difference.

Aymen

I didn't bathe with soap for years, i feel much better without it, i use only warm water twice a week.
Stressful situations and not showering after workout is what make me smell.
For the armpit you need to trim them once a month.
Use coconut oil and a little baking soda in the armpit, no bad odor for the rest of the day.
If you exercise regularly then make sure to shower right after working out.

Ynot

I am also one that transitioned off soap and shampoo. Sometimes I feel the urge to use a shampoo bar for my hair but I'm down to washing my hair 1 - 2 times a week and I have long hair. I just use a loofah to scrub :) I do use soap sometimes for my hands.

Panopticon

Every soap is disruptive to the skin, chlorine too, also trihalomethane... well water with 1100 ppm silica is safest if you don't skin feed.

Back
Top Bottom