Found an Awesome Coconut Toffee Chocolate Bar...

toddy

A lot of things could really make out of the coconut.
Thanks for sharing!

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Just tried the Toffee bar just now, fantastic! Thanks marcar72! :hattip

And thank you Alter Eco for making a quality product. :)

Jennifer

Oh lordy am I ever addicted to that toffee bar. I currently have 6 of them sitting in my pantry. Alter Eco also make these truffles that look heavenly:

http://www.vitacost.com/alter-eco-organ ... ate-4-2-oz

The Equal Exchange bars are really good too. There's a mint one that reminds me of Thin Mints Girl Scout cookies. It has these little mint sugar crystals all throughout the bar that give it that Thin Mint crunch.

http://www.vitacost.com/equal-exchange- ... h-3-5-oz-2

Now if only I could find a chocolate bar that tastes just like a Samoa Girl Scout cookie, I'd be one happy girl. :D

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Notice those truffles are sold out. :lol: Hope my local store has them! :mrgreen:

Blossom

Forum Supporter
You always have such great food suggestions Marcar72! Thanks.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Blossom said:
You always have such great food suggestions Marcar72! Thanks.

:1

BingDing

Just found the sea salt truffles and the salted caramel truffles at a local store. OMG, the slogan is right, "melty silky goodness". I think 6 in one sitting is about right!

sweetly

Living in Australia, NOBODY sells soy lecithin-free chocolate. I've looked everywhere.

Is it that bad? Should I start making my own chocolate at home?

koganmj

sweetly said:
Living in Australia, NOBODY sells soy lecithin-free chocolate. I've looked everywhere.

You should be able to find Lindt blocks of chocolate at Coles and Woolies. 70%, 85% and 90% are all soy-free. I recommend 85%; 70% is unpleasantly sweet and 90% tastes strongly of copper/magnesium.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
sweetly said:

Lot of information in the thread below, also on the second page a post by 4peatssake:

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=1513&hilit=lecithin

tara

koganmj said:
sweetly said:

You should be able to find Lindt blocks of chocolate at Coles and Woolies. 70%, 85% and 90% are all soy-free. I recommend 85%; 70% is unpleasantly sweet and 90% tastes strongly of copper/magnesium.

Where I am, all the Lindt, in all available percentages, has soy lecithin. Seems they have either different recipes or different labelling requirements for different places.

koganmj

file.php

This is how Lindt 85% is labelled in Australia. Thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_0518.JPG
    IMG_0518.JPG
    390.5 KB · Views: 548

tara

koganmj said:
I don't know the labelling regulations. My guess is that means it's made on premises that also use soy, treenuts, peanuts in other products, so they don't guarantee they are completely free of a few molecules of those, in case of severe allergic reactions, but that they don't deliberately add soy to this particular product. Unless you are in danger of severe anaphylactic reactions, I'd say that counts as avoiding soy.

All the Lindt I've seen on local shelves lists soy lecithin in the ingredients.

koganmj

tara said:
koganmj said:
I don't know the labelling regulations. My guess is that means it's made on premises that also use soy, treenuts, peanuts in other products, so they don't guarantee they are completely free of a few molecules of those, in case of severe allergic reactions, but that they don't deliberately add soy to this particular product. Unless you are in danger of severe anaphylactic reactions, I'd say that counts as avoiding soy.

All the Lindt I've seen on local shelves lists soy lecithin in the ingredients.

Yeah, I thought the same: possible small amounts of soy due to cross-contamination. But reading you say that soy is listed as an ingredient where you live is curious... not sure what to think.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals