Found A Way To Block ALL Blue Light On IPhone Easily

I’m sure many of you iPhone users are aware of night shift which takes out some of the blue light, however imo it’s not enough. So I’m glad to learn there’s a way to completely get rid of blue light/color and I’ll show you how!

(Before doing this, if you haven’t set up night shift, go into settings and enable it. Set the color temperature as warm as possible, and then schedule it to turn on at 4:00 am and turn off at 4:01 or something of the sort if you want it on practically all day.)

All you have to do is the following:

1. go to settings and in the top search bar type “display and text size”

2. Once you’ve selected that, scroll down and click “color filters”

3. In here, activate the color filters button and then click “color tint”

4. Move hue and intensity as far to the right as possible. If you want to be able to differentiate colors that have blue in them, you can move the intensity a bit from the max.

Hope this helps someone!

Last edited:

mrchibbs

Been using f.lux for about 7-8 years, I remember my friends joking about my red screens lol good times, now they all use it

I think I had to jailbreak by ipad several years ago, and root my android phone to get f.lux on there.

Twilight is pretty good on android.

But personally, I'm gradually moving towards e-ink tablets and phone (low-sar being the other criteria). Of course that's not possible with my computer, but I really think I feel so much better when I limit my exposure to screens, since I already spend much of my life at my computer.

hearsay

What about grayscale? Which would be better, grayscale or all redded out like OP’s tip?

Cydanic

Settings > accessibility > accessibility shortcut > color filters... to have a quick on/off switch for red setting with triple clicking home button or side button depending on the iphone

also, there are two backlights on an iphone and one of them you cant change unfortunately and its always blue light...turn your brightness all the way down in a dark room with the red tint on and you can still see blue. so tinted glasses are still helpful here

Tarmander

I used flux for awhile and had my phone on an orange tint as well.

To be honest it did not seem to make a huge difference for me.

What did make a huge difference was switching from an LCD screen to a wall projector. That made a huge difference in how I feel, how long I can stay on the computer...you name it it improved.

achillea

Why not ditch the phone all together as they are so unhealthy in so many ways, radiation to the body not to mention the tracking, Just research how many times you hear that the phone will be used in this Covid hoax.

OP
joshquintanilla
Settings > accessibility > accessibility shortcut > color filters... to have a quick on/off switch for red setting with triple clicking home button or side button depending on the iphone

also, there are two backlights on an iphone and one of them you cant change unfortunately and its always blue light...turn your brightness all the way down in a dark room with the red tint on and you can still see blue. so tinted glasses are still helpful here
Been using f.lux for about 7-8 years, I remember my friends joking about my red screens lol good times, now they all use it

I think I had to jailbreak by ipad several years ago, and root my android phone to get f.lux on there.

Twilight is pretty good on android.

But personally, I'm gradually moving towards e-ink tablets and phone (low-sar being the other criteria). Of course that's not possible with my computer, but I really think I feel so much better when I limit my exposure to screens, since I already spend much of my life at my computer.
I also use flux on my computer, it’s kind of finicky to use but it gets the job done. E ink displays are definitely superior, and I’ve seen that they’re making colored versions of their technology which is cool

OP
joshquintanilla
Awesome, thank you. So that blue light still can’t be filtered even with the screen this strongly tinted orange?

OP
joshquintanilla
I used flux for awhile and had my phone on an orange tint as well.

To be honest it did not seem to make a huge difference for me.

What did make a huge difference was switching from an LCD screen to a wall projector. That made a huge difference in how I feel, how long I can stay on the computer...you name it it improved.
Interesting. It makes a big difference for me. When my eyes are dark adjusted I can literally feel the inflammation/irritation to my eyes after some exposure to blue light (checking my phone during sleep/we have white fluorescent lights you’ve ever seen in our bathrooms). From my experience last night with this set up, it’s definitely not as irritating for me

OP
joshquintanilla
Why not ditch the phone all together as they are so unhealthy in so many ways, radiation to the body not to mention the tracking, Just research how many times you hear that the phone will be used in this Covid hoax.
I bought the light phone 2 which is basically a flip phone with an e-ink screen. But have never mustered up the willpower use it because of my smartphone addiction lol

mrchibbs

I bought the light phone 2 which is basically a flip phone with an e-ink screen. But have never mustered up the willpower use it because of my smartphone addiction lol

Nice, I've heard about the Light Phone 2! I personally "bought" the Mudita Pure phone which has both e-ink and extremely low SAR (EMF). The problem is that was in the spring of 2019 lol. Let's just say their kickstarter is taking a while.

I have no problems giving up on my smartphone usage. I prefer to browse on the computer or read on my e-tablet, and I think the WIFI and EMF exposure from the proximity of the smartphones is really terrible. Obviously I need a phone and SMS, but the rest is not a big deal.

I've always had a cellphone, since I was a teenager, but I think over the past 10 years the constant use of smartphones everywhere has really played a major role in worsening health. They are far worse than the old "dumb" cellphones.

mrchibbs

I believe e-ink computer screen exist, but that's not the issue?

Sure, but have you seen the prices lol and they're not super practical for any color work, which I have to do. And I like my 5k iMac screen a lot :D , plus I have f.lux always on the iMac. It's just that I've noticed I feel better with a little screen detox at night, and e-ink has always been very comfortable to me, since I got Kindle (which is still working perfectly, even though I bought it 8 years ago in 2012!!!)

Tarmander

Nice, I've heard about the Light Phone 2! I personally "bought" the Mudita Pure phone which has both e-ink and extremely low SAR (EMF). The problem is that was in the spring of 2019 lol. Let's just say their kickstarter is taking a while.

I have no problems giving up on my smartphone usage. I prefer to browse on the computer or read on my e-tablet, and I think the WIFI and EMF exposure from the proximity of the smartphones is really terrible. Obviously I need a phone and SMS, but the rest is not a big deal.

I've always had a cellphone, since I was a teenager, but I think over the past 10 years the constant use of smartphones everywhere has really played a major role in worsening health. They are far worse than the old "dumb" cellphones.
I checked out the Mudita

That is definitely the direction I hope companies start going, but the Mudita seems overpriced for what you get.

mrchibbs

I checked out the Mudita

That is definitely the direction I hope companies start going, but the Mudita seems overpriced for what you get.

Yeah, totally. It's a small startup in Poland developing their own phone from scratch, so the costs were bound to be prohibitive.

I got a 40% early-bird discount, but what good does that do when you have to wait 2 years to get the phone :D

As far as I know, low-SAR is actually an important criteria for Samsung, as surprising as that sounds. The Galaxy Note series routinely gets the lowest SAR rating of popular smartphones.

Nonetheless, I don't mind paying a little extra for the products I believe in, and I'm still hoping, fingers-crossed, that the Mudita Pure will be a success. According to the email updates I've been receiving, I should get the phone in the spring, but there's been many delays so far so we'll see.

Looking at the features here I'm still very excited about it!

Tarmander

Yeah, totally. It's a small startup in Poland developing their own phone from scratch, so the costs were bound to be prohibitive.

I got a 40% early-bird discount, but what good does that do when you have to wait 2 years to get the phone :D

As far as I know, low-SAR is actually an important criteria for Samsung, as surprising as that sounds. The Galaxy Note series routinely gets the lowest SAR rating of popular smartphones.

Nonetheless, I don't mind paying a little extra for the products I believe in, and I'm still hoping, fingers-crossed, that the Mudita Pure will be a success. According to the email updates I've been receiving, I should get the phone in the spring, but there's been many delays so far so we'll see.

Looking at the features here I'm still very excited about it!
good to know about the galaxy note!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals