Found A Topical Caffeine Product For Hair Loss - Thoughts?

yoshiesque

Hey all,

I have hair loss, thats the main reason i got into this whole RP business. I found this product:

http://www.alpecin.co.za/en/products/liquid.html

Here are the ingredients:

Aqua, Alcohol Denat., Parfum, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Panthenol, Menthol, Caffeine, Niacinamide, Zinc PCA, Limonene, Linalool, Citric Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, Citral, Retinyl Acetate.

Is anyone aware of any potential dangers in some of these ingredients? I am worried about PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil. Would PUFA in blood increase? What does the Hydrogenated mean? I thought that makes it more toxic.

The problem is though, after having done some research, it seems like everyone who has experimented with topical caffeine, mixed that solution in castor oil. I have no idea why castor oil is used ?

Thanks guys!

XPlus

Whats wrong with pure caffeine.
Perhaps dissolved in coconut oil or aloe jel.

OP
Y

yoshiesque

Topical Caffeine has been show to be effective. But it has to be topical. And its got to be a lot of caffiene. I believe Solban is just 1%.

ravster02

why not buy caffeine powder and dissolve in water? put it in one of those pipette bottles and you're good to go. at least this way you can put it on your scalp and leave overnight.

Mittir

yoshiesque said:
Is anyone aware of any potential dangers in some of these ingredients? I am worried about PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil. Would PUFA in blood increase? What does the Hydrogenated mean? I thought that makes it more toxic.

I did a quick google search and there are several websites claiming PEG-40 can have
1,4 Dioxane , which is toxic. It is better to make your own solution using caffeine, niacinamide,
cooconut oil etc.

In theory fully hydrogenated oil is better than PUFA and partially hydrogenated oil.
Partially hydrogenated oil has trans fat and fully hydrogenated should not have trans-fat.

Demyze

Use Solban : viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5830&hilit=solban

I can personally attest to its hair growth inducing capabilities. You will have a very difficult time finding a product with purer ingredients. Consider the synergistic effect of the combination of aspirin, caffeine, and niacinamide. It is my opinion you will see better results using Solban than the product you posted or just topical caffeine.

ravster02

Demyze said:
Use Solban : viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5830&hilit=solban

I can personally attest to its hair growth inducing capabilities. You will have a very difficult time finding a product with purer ingredients. Consider the synergistic effect of the combination of aspirin, caffeine, and niacinamide. It is my opinion you will see better results using Solban than the product you posted or just topical caffeine.

really? where's the before and after pics?

OP
Y

yoshiesque

I too would like to see.

Not that Haiduts product is bad, i think its the best product to come out there for overall health.

But 1% caffeine is just not enough. I think the studies for hair loss halting from topical caffeine involved far more caffeine.

uuy8778yyi

well let's look at the market for hair loss today

minoxidil
topical saw palmetto/pumpkin/nettle oil to block dht
aloe vera to block dht (aloe is actually good)
random herbal dht blocker
magical vitamin hair grower

you get the idea

I think it makes much more sense to use something like solban and topical caffeine

Sheik

I tried caffeine dissolved in water. I only tried it once, and some of it definitely absorbed because I could feel it.

Actually, most of the powder didn't dissolve. I put the what was let of the mixture in the fridge, and when I came back to it the caffeine powder had absorbed all the water and looked like a wad of wet paper.

OP
Y

yoshiesque

Sheik said:
I tried caffeine dissolved in water. I only tried it once, and some of it definitely absorbed because I could feel it.

Actually, most of the powder didn't dissolve. I put the what was let of the mixture in the fridge, and when I came back to it the caffeine powder had absorbed all the water and looked like a wad of wet paper.

Were you doing this for hair loss? How come you stopped? Is there something else you do?

Also, I thought you had to have it in alcohol for it to be absorbed?

Sheik

yoshiesque said:
Sheik said:

Were you doing this for hair loss? How come you stopped? Is there something else you do?

Also, I thought you had to have it in alcohol for it to be absorbed?
I was going to try it for hair loss, yeah. It was just a mess. I was waiting to see if the caffeine would dissolve but it didn't, not even with the alcohol.

As far as absorption, there is the possibility that none absorbed and I got a placebo-like effect. Not sure, this was a while ago.

There isn't much I'm doing about my hair loss at the moment. Just trying to get healthy again. Cyproheptadine, eating good food, sunlight, meditation, being social. I've found that my hair loss is related to stress.

I'm researching a new drug called OC which supposedly inhibits PGD2 and halts hair loss, with no known side effects. Supposedly.

Herbie

Ray said No Doz is a practical way for oral application of caffeine.

TubZy

Just buy a gentle shampoo and add the caffeine powder to the shampoo itself along with niacinimide and taurine

LukeL

Anyone tried Cyproheptadine dissolved in water and applied to the scalp? Ray seems to think fibrosis is caused by serotonin - I'm thinking the balding scalp is in a fibrotic state? Cypro definitely reduces serotonin...I will experiment and if it stops my scalp itch I will continue use and see what happens

LukeL

I applied it tonight and it definitely was absorbed because I'm feeling the effects - drowsiness /relaxation

Back
Top Bottom