Forskolin Raises CAMP & Activates Androgen Receptor

bdawg

OP
TubZy

TubZy

@TubZy I did this research due to a lead from the anabolicmen forum and used to pop forskolin, but stopped when i found this:

From my understanding of the results of this study, in vitro forskolin increases certain forms of AR, but it also impairs certain AR receptors binding (by 40%): Forskolin-induced dephosphorylation of the androgen receptor impairs ligand binding. - PubMed - NCBI

Not sure what Peat's view is either

Interesting...I have used a 95% extract before for a few weeks and I definitely noticed an increase in fat loss and leaness.

OP
TubZy

TubZy

Me too , very full muscles

I want to get back on it, but my glycogen stores aren't fully restored yet so after I take it in the morning I feel weird later on in the day almost like a stress response type feeling but I do feel more androgenic.

OP
TubZy

TubZy

You need testosterone to deal with stress... how else will you beat your enemy :cool

@haidut :emoji_thinking:

I asked Peat about it a while ago and he didn't mention anything about it being estrogenic, at least in a dangerous way. I still don't know how to fully respond/refute to your one word comments otherwise I would provide more info. The reason why I mentioned the glycogen stores in my earlier post is he mentioned it could imitate adrenaline.

Last edited by a moderator:
I asked Peat about it a while ago and he didn't mention anything about it being estrogenic, at least in a dangerous way. I still don't know how to fully respond/refute to your one word comments otherwise I would provide more info. The reason why I mentioned the glycogen stores in my earlier post is he mentioned it could imitate adrenaline.

I don't know man, but it certainly felt estrogenic when I took it.

Direct effects of prolactin on corticosterone release by zona fasciculata-reticularis cells from male rats. - PubMed - NCBI
"...PRL stimulated the corticosterone release in a dose-dependent pattern in the ZFR cells from normal male rats. The cellular adenosine 3'-5'-cyclic monophosphate (cAMP) concentration positively correlated with PRL concentration in the presence of forskolin or 3-isobutyl-1-methylxanthine (IBMX). PRL enhanced the stimulatory effects of cAMP mimetic reagents, i.e., forskolin, 8-bromo-adenosine 3',5'-cyclic monophosphate (8-Br-cAMP), and IBMX on the release of corticosterone.

P.S. good luck with the flood of pm's going crazy because you left the email address uncensored :ss

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
TubZy

TubZy

I don't know man, but it certainly felt estrogenic when I took it.

P.S. good luck with the flood of pm's going crazy because you left the email address uncensored :ss

Are you under stress, overweight etc? It can increase testosterone which can aromatase into estrogen in a stressed environment. Most people I know have zero issues with it especially in an estrogenic sense, besides most people don't take it year round anyways just for cutting purposes until they get their desired weight/body fat.

I can see how estrogen could be raised if cortisol is raised since they are connected, but I guess if you want to be super safe, then take it in combo with androsterone, glycine, niacinamide, MB, K2 etc which all lower estrogen/cortisol.

Are you under stress, overweight etc? It can increase testosterone which can aromatase into estrogen in a stressed environment. Most people I know have zero issues with it especially in an estrogenic sense, besides most people don't take it year round anyways just for cutting purposes until they get their desired weight/body fat.

I can see how estrogen could be raised if cortisol is raised since they are connected, but I guess if you want to be super safe, then take it in combo with androsterone, glycine, niacinamide, MB, K2 etc which all lower estrogen/cortisol.

It was with artichoke extract but then I ran out of the artichoke and just took it by itself. Same effect, risk taking, flushing, anger, eye pressure etc.

OP
TubZy

TubZy

It was with artichoke extract but then I ran out of the artichoke and just took it by itself. Same effect, risk taking, flushing, anger, eye pressure etc.

Where did I ask about the exact supplement you took in my post? I asked if you were overweight/understress etc. which would increase aromtase activity- This is what I mean when I say I never understand your posts lol

Where did I ask about the exact supplement you took in my post? I asked if you were overweight/understress etc. This is what I mean when I say I never understand your posts lol

Oh my bad lol, no I was 180cm 73kg, and under stress yeah pretty much, but that's why I was trying supplements. I expect useful supplements to help me, not me help them.

whit

I want to get back on it, but my glycogen stores aren't fully restored yet so after I take it in the morning I feel weird later on in the day almost like a stress response type feeling but I do feel more androgenic.

Have you gotten back on it?
If so update us please.

Douglas Ek

ddjd

any updates on forskolin experiences? can anyone recommend a good brand

LeeLemonoil

http://doraziolab.uky.edu/publications/Original Research Articles/Spry et. al. 4-09 prolonged forskolin manuscript PCMR.pdf

200 micromol concentration of a 20%-Forskoli extract was used. Thats roughly 1 mg on 10g cream if DIY.

I stubled on that research by a recent press-release that shilled for a forskollin-based derivat that induces healthy tanning with most beneficial biomarkers of tanning without skin-destruction of UV-radiation. They claimed that inventing the derivat was necessry becuase Forskolin alone wasnt able to penetrate deeply enough into human skin. I dont believe that. Forskolin is fat-slouble and can also be helped along with penetration enhancer. So as the paper above describes, I think Forskolin is sufficient to achive "tanned" skin in a healthy manner.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals