Forskolin Increases Tyrosine Hydroxylase And Dopamine In Hypothalamus

Douglas Ek

As we know the hypothalamus is the endocrine center of the brain controlling hormonal output. Dopamine stimulates the hypothalamus to signal a cascade of hormones that does good in the body like androgens and thyroid hormones while suppressing the bad ones like prolactin, cortisol, tsh etc which serotonin stimulate.
So anything that would increase dopamine production specifically in the hypothalamus would be pro androgenic and metabolic.
Forskolin increases the rate limiting dopamine enzyme tyrosine hydroxlyase in the hypothalamus thus increasin synthesis of dopamine from tyrosine in the hypothalamus and estrogen seems to do the opposite according to this study.

Estradiol attenuates the forskolin-induced increase in hypothalamic tyrosine hydroxylase activity. - PubMed - NCBI

Also seems to increase post synaptic receptors picking up dopamine which is probably due to the increased dopamine production correct me if im wrong.

Molecular mechanisms underlying forskolin-mediated up-regulation of human dopamine D2L receptors. - PubMed - NCBI

And it seems to get better as it increases dopamine but not acetylcholine which a lot of other dopamine boosters tend to do.

Effects of forskolin on endogenous dopamine and acetylcholine release in rat neostriatal slices

Last edited:

Frankdee20

As we know the hypothalamus is the endocrine center of the brain controlling hormonal output. Dopamine stimulates the hypothalamus to signal a cascade of hormones that does good in the body like androgens and thyroid hormones while suppressing the bad ones like prolactin, cortisol, tsh etc which serotonin stimulate.
So anything that would increase dopamine production specifically in the hypothalamus would be pro androgenic and metabolic.
Forskolin increases the rate limiting dopamine enzyme tyrosine hydroxlyase in the hypothalamus thus increasin synthesis of dopamine from tyrosine in the hypothalamus and estrogen seems to do the opposite according to this study.

Estradiol attenuates the forskolin-induced increase in hypothalamic tyrosine hydroxylase activity. - PubMed - NCBI

Also seems to increase post synaptic receptors picking up dopamine which is probably due to the increased dopamine production correct me if im wrong.

Molecular mechanisms underlying forskolin-mediated up-regulation of human dopamine D2L receptors. - PubMed - NCBI

And it seems to get better as it increases dopamine but not acetylcholine which a lot of other dopamine boosters tend to do.

Effects of forskolin on endogenous dopamine and acetylcholine release in rat neostriatal slices

Acetylcholine antagonizes Dopamine in many instances (its inhibitory) so we don’t want that at all.

OP
D

Douglas Ek

Acetylcholine antagonizes Dopamine in many instances (its inhibitory) so we don’t want that at all.

That was my point. But a lot of supplements specially the nootropic boosters tend to boost both acetylcholine and dopamine. But i think in the wrong parts of the brain. Inducing a stress response

Frankdee20

That was my point. But a lot of supplements specially the nootropic boosters tend to boost both acetylcholine and dopamine. But i think in the wrong parts of the brain. Inducing a stress response

Good point, yes acetylcholine can be stimulatory or inhibitory depending where. Dopamine in the PFC is ideal, and the Mesolimbic VTA area even more.

Cameron

Forskolin-induced dephosphorylation of the androgen receptor impairs ligand binding. - PubMed - NCBI

OP
D

Douglas Ek

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals