Forming Bulk

M

metabolizm

When I eat grains, my stool becomes bulkier, which is obviously good, because it feels like more bacterial junk is being carried out with it.

But eating grains comes with its own problems, at least for me, and so I can't eat them on a regular basis. I don't seem to have problems with white rice, but that isn't a bulk-forming material.

For those of you who don't eat grains like wheat, how do you ensure that your stool is always bulky and your transit time is fast? Does the raw carrot do the trick?

Hgreen56

When I eat grains, my stool becomes bulkier, which is obviously good, because it feels like more bacterial junk is being carried out with it.

But eating grains comes with its own problems, at least for me, and so I can't eat them on a regular basis. I don't seem to have problems with white rice, but that isn't a bulk-forming material.

For those of you who don't eat grains like wheat, how do you ensure that your stool is always bulky and your transit time is fast? Does the raw carrot do the trick?
yes but it's the total grams that counts.
Carrot, bamboo shots, mushrooms has very low amount compared with wheat products like brown bread, brown rice or brown pasta.
read my last message on this topic

PaRa

Fiber are what you don’t digest so yes they make you poop more
White rice and fruits are low residues hence why they don’t transform you in an ice cream machine like whole grains and veggies
Some fruits are more fibrous tho
Bananas are indeed good to have bulkier poop
Magnesium deficiency can lead to constipation too

Consuming whole fruits and eventually raw carrot/magnesium/dates with skin/bananas or even some coconut meat would probably be sufficient
Having some fats like coconut or dairy fat would probably prevent excessive fermentation of soluble fibers so they would form a bulk and less bloating

OP
M

metabolizm

Fiber are what you don’t digest so yes they make you poop more
White rice and fruits are low residues hence why they don’t transform you in an ice cream machine like whole grains and veggies
Some fruits are more fibrous tho
Bananas are indeed good to have bulkier poop
Magnesium deficiency can lead to constipation too

Consuming whole fruits and eventually raw carrot/magnesium/dates with skin/bananas or even some coconut meat would probably be sufficient
Having some fats like coconut or dairy fat would probably prevent excessive fermentation of soluble fibers so they would form a bulk and less bloating

I am going to try one large raw carrot per day.
I seem to have an autoimmune problem with wheat which causes my eyes to dry out, so that'll have to stop.
Bananas are a good suggestion: I enjoy them, and they go well with ice cream.
I drink milk, coffee and eat chocolate every day, and occasionally eat leafy greens, so I'm hoping my magnesium requirements are covered for now.
The goal is one or two good BMs every day, consistently.

I use prunes, get them from Lidl for £0.99 bag, take in the morning along with other fruit (apple, banana), and ermm always have regularity in the afternoon.