Forcing water down daily.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
"When people force themselves to drink a certain amount of water every day, even when they don't feel thirsty, they are activating complex adaptive processes unnecessarily. Thirst is the best guide to the amount of fluid needed.

When extra water consumption is combined with a low salt diet--as physicians have so often recommended--a healthy person can adapt easily, but for a hypothyroid person it can have disastrous effects."
-- Ray Peat

montmorency

I smile at the obligatory bottle of water that people carry around now.

I also sometimes tear my hair out when an otherwise interesting lecture on YouTube is interrupted by the speaker carefully unscrewing the lid on his bottle, awkwardly upending the bottle so we get to see his adam's apple, noisily glug gluging down some water, then carefully rescrewing the lid back on his bottle.

I suppose it gives him thinking time, but it looks and sounds awful.

When the world was slightly more civilised, conference organisers would provide the speaker with a decanter of water and a glass, and a skilled speaker would just take a little sip every now and again without anyone hardly noticing it, and a skilled speaker could do this without pausing for breath or interrupting his flow of words.

Yes, I have a real bee in my bonnet about this...

:):

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals