Force people to wear toxic face masks, blame Covid for lung issues

BearWithMe

Potentially toxic masks distributed in schools and daycares in Quebec​

Health Canada conducted a preliminary risk assessment which revealed a potential for early lung damage associated with inhalation of microscopic graphene particles. Graphene is a strong, very thin material that is used in fabrication, but it can be harmful to lungs when inhaled and can cause long-term health problems.

Patrick Baillargeon, who is charge of purchasing Quebec's laboratory supplies, warns in a letter that Health Canada has not received any data to support the safety and efficacy of face masks containing graphene particles and therefore considers the risks associated with these medical devices unacceptable.

[...]

Some daycare educators had been suspicious of these grey and blue masks for a while because they felt like they were swallowing cat hair while wearing them

[...]

At the time of acquisition and distribution, the masks did comply with all the regulations in force, he says.

[...]

This is not the first time masks distributed to daycares have been recalled.

Back in December, the Quebec government revealed that masks it had been distributing for months to more than 15,000 daycares across the province did not meet safety standards, and daycare staff were ordered to stop using them.

BearWithMe

And then there is the bacterial / fungal overgrowth problem

BearWithMe

I feel like I'm swallowing cat hair when wearing any Chinese made face masks.

And people all over the world are forced to wear these masks every day for over a year.

Is anybody surprised that people have lung issues? But yeah, for sure, Covid is to blame.

Don't wear that s**t.

Vinero

Just wear the mask wrong on purpose, so you are still able to breath through your nose. Only cover your mouth with the mask but let your nose open. Now you won't inhale those particles.

Collden

Probably all disposable face masks are toxic since they are all made of plastic such as polypropylene. Inhalation of microscopic polypropylene fibers is known to cause lung disease, and wearing these face masks has been shown to cause people to breathe in polypropylene particles that irritate the respiratory tract.

BearWithMe

Just wear the mask wrong on purpose, so you are still able to breath through your nose. Only cover your mouth with the mask but let your nose open. Now you won't inhale those particles.
haha yes I'm doing exactly that! And then play dumb when somebody calls me out.

BearWithMe

Probably all disposable face masks are toxic since they are all made of plastic such as polypropylene. Inhalation of microscopic polypropylene fibers is known to cause lung disease, and wearing these face masks has been shown to cause people to breathe in polypropylene particles that irritate the respiratory tract.

Exactly.

Most of the masks also contain PTFE particles which is even worse. Much, much worse.

Plus, the masks are usually made from 3-5 layers, and those layers are glued together by glue, and the glue is giving off fumes.

nikotrope

Personally, disposable face masks smell so bad of chemicals I can’t even breath when I wear one (which almost never happens fortunately). Is my nose sensitive or people just bear with that smell every day?

BearWithMe

Personally, disposable face masks smell so bad of chemicals I can’t even breath when I wear one (which almost never happens fortunately). Is my nose sensitive or people just bear with that smell every day?
You might have a sensitive nose, you might have particularly bad masks.

But generally speaking, people are so obedient they would wear masks soaked in hydrogen sulfide if governmnet told them to do so.

Last edited: