For Your Health, Control Your Anger

Xin

The older I get the more I come to believe that psychological health precedes physical health. There is a school of thought that all disease is caused by unresolved, unreleased trauma. I used to think that was crazy, but then I think about the bags of supplements I collected and the many diets I've been on. It seems to me our habits and beliefs exert a stronger influence on our hormones than we could ever hope to correct for physically. Not to say that some physical interventions can't be dramatic, for a while. I was just thinking the other day out of the huge body of work Ray left us, the most important thing might just be the example he set with his demeanor.
That's the theory behind German new médecine which has been debunked and looks like a sect.

I'm all ears and would like to be proven wrong.

orangeUglad

The older I get the more I come to believe that psychological health precedes physical health. There is a school of thought that all disease is caused by unresolved, unreleased trauma. I used to think that was crazy, but then I think about the bags of supplements I collected and the many diets I've been on. It seems to me our habits and beliefs exert a stronger influence on our hormones than we could ever hope to correct for physically. Not to say that some physical interventions can't be dramatic, for a while. I was just thinking the other day out of the huge body of work Ray left us, the most important thing might just be the example he set with his demeanor.
Amen to this

orangeUglad

I cannot deny the fact that the angriest people I know are also the sickest people I know

Pete Rey

That's the theory behind German new médecine which has been debunked and looks like a sect.

I'm all ears and would like to be proven wrong.
I don't see the value in debunking or proving anything. Frankly I don't see how it would even be possible. It's not like you can have nice neat double blind placebo studies on people's most intimate inner voices. I never looked that deeply into GNM, but ultimately these ideas lead back to ancient spiritual practices, just like OP's experience with Buddhism, so it's no surprise when different people arrive at similar conclusions independently.