For those that tried Rifaximin

ursidae

1. How long did it take to clear up your digestive issues?

2. did you have to take oxbile/hcl/pancreatin with it?

3. did your SIBO come back eventually?

4. what was the root cause of SIBO/digestion issues in your case?

5. was your tongue coated?

xeliex

Forum Supporter
1) It took a couple of months to get better and about a year to become good, coupled with dietary management. (took for about 2 months).

2) I took digestive enzymes about twice a week prn

3) Hasn't come back in years.

4) Low thyroid / parasites etc..

5) Yes, tongue had white coating but resolved quickly

Kozak

used it for blastocystis. I think it was using 600mg one/day 14 days. worked well for blasto. No adverse. Was eating right/not high on carbs/was using betaine HCl
Not sure if it will work for SIBO

OP
U

ursidae

Who really had success with treating sibo here?
@Jennifer had success

I tested for it two days ago. If I didn’t mess up the procedure using the home kit and the result is valid and positive I’ll try a course of rifaximin. I’m not bloated however I have a mildly coated tongue when I wake up. I also develop acne when I eat certain foods (especially dairy) and it takes me months to get rid of the flare up once I have sinned.

Jennifer

@Jennifer had success

I tested for it two days ago. If I didn’t mess up the procedure using the home kit and the result is valid and positive I’ll try a course of rifaximin. I’m not bloated however I have a mildly coated tongue when I wake up. I also develop acne when I eat certain foods (especially dairy) and it takes me months to get rid of the flare up once I have sinned.

Yep, and it appears xeliex, too. I might have had better results with the antibiotics had I been on the rifaximin longer than a month and tolerated the neomycin (for the methane producing bacteria) but luckily, I was able to clear the SIBO mainly through diet and long-term, thyroid supplementation. Without thyroid, I don’t think I would have gone this long without a recurrence of it due to my injury.

Motif

Yep, and it appears xeliex, too. I might have had better results with the antibiotics had I been on the rifaximin longer than a month and tolerated the neomycin (for the methane producing bacteria) but luckily, I was able to clear the SIBO mainly through diet and long-term, thyroid supplementation. Without thyroid, I don’t think I would have gone this long without a recurrence of it due to my injury.

hi! So what exactly have you done?

Jennifer

Motif

hierundjetzt

1) It took a couple of months to get better and about a year to become good, coupled with dietary management. (took for about 2 months).

2) I took digestive enzymes about twice a week prn

3) Hasn't come back in years.

4) Low thyroid / parasites etc..

5) Yes, tongue had white coating but resolved quickly
May I ask how many mg of rifaximin you took each day and for how long? Thanks

dogtrainer

1. How long did it take to clear up your digestive issues?

2. did you have to take oxbile/hcl/pancreatin with it?

3. did your SIBO come back eventually?

4. what was the root cause of SIBO/digestion issues in your case?

5. was your tongue coated?
1. Round 1: a few days
Round 2. a week
Round 3. Didn’t work
Round 4. Didn’t work
Round 5. Didn’t work
Round 6. Didn’t work

2. I did rounds 3-6; it didn’t work

3. Yes

4. Unsure; probably had something to do with intermittent fasting, a lifetime of stress and poor eating habits. I actually think my issues were more fungal than bacterial

5. Yes

LadyRae

@Jennifer had success

I use some Ivermectin horse paste to prevent myself from getting covid when I was taking care of my daughter and it miraculously cleared up all of my bloating issues, along with rosacea

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals