For Those Of You Who Struggle To Find Decent Soaps

Soren

Forum Supporter
Tallow soap is one of the best options I think

AlaskaJono

I have been using Dr Bronner's soap on and off for 35 years. It is very potent, but not over essential-ed Oil-ed out. I do buy locally made soaps when I find one that is 'clean' and doesn't leave a film, and made with natural ingredients, etc. Also I use it to shave when I run out of 'shaving soap'. Works fine. Check it out.

OP
Amazoniac

Amazoniac

- Homemade Soap Storage Tips | RusticWise

"Over at Vermont Soap, they recommend naked bars of natural soap in a cardboard box and then taping a piece of cling wrap over the top. They also suggest freezing individually wrapped bars of soap in plastic wrap for long term storage. I’ve never personally tried this so can’t attest to this method."​

sunny

OP
Amazoniac

Amazoniac

If you have a batch of bar soap that's irritating, you can try to dissolve to liquify and use from a foaming dispenser. It's something that was suggested on the 'Soap as an endocrine disruptor' thread, it should minimize needless contact with the skin: lathering is a mitochondrial disease for the hoof. Grating will (of course) speed up the process; I think that heating can too (there are tutorials where they boil the water and add the grated soap), but it's not necessary. Not sure how the excess fat that's not saponified ('superfat') will behave since the solidification might contribute to keep it homogenized.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81pCkLY3HTw

We have to appreciate her commitment, she fried her hands rehearsing the demonstration.

Anesthesiology book , chapter "Fabulous hands for the surgical team to envy" ,al there

Stunt of the day:

golder

Anyone know what soap Ray uses?

I use Dr Bronners but I find it so cleansing that all my skin is bone dry afterwards, which will no doubt lead to premature wrinkling over time?

aniciete

Anyone know what soap Ray uses?

I use Dr Bronners but I find it so cleansing that all my skin is bone dry afterwards, which will no doubt lead to premature wrinkling over time?
Why use soap? If you needed to neutralize an odor you could just use some baking soda