For Canadian Peaters: Try the apple cider from Superstore.

skittles

I'm tellin you. This stuff is magic.

I always felt like it was an uphill battle trying to make orange juice work for me. I tried all the storebought brands. Frozen concentrate doesn't work for me either. I love fresh squeezed orange juice, but oranges are only good enough to juice for like a tiny part of the year. I thought of switching to apple juice - tried all the brands, never felt quite right from that either. Again, freshly juiced apple juice makes me feel amazing, but the stuff on the shelf at the store doesn't work.
A few weeks ago, I saw the President's Shoice Honeycrisp Apple Cider (fancy juice section by the salad greens) on markdown for 50% off. This stuff is flippin' amazing. Instantly nourishing and energizing, I just stand in the middle of the kitchen downing glasses of the stuff one after the other ahaha. No downsides, no heartburn, no lethargy.

If you haven't tried it, give it a shot and let me know if you have the same experience.

(no I don't work for president's choice lol)

Smitty

Thank you, I will give it a try!

I find the PC 100% OJ not from concentrate to be pretty good. It’s not too tart or acidic at least in Alberta.

Inaut

My new favourite drink. So good I could drink the 2l jug in a day ?

johnsmith

Shortly after reading this thread, I went to my local "Food Basics" grocery store in Ontario and looked in the high end juice section next to the salad greens and found some high end fresh pressed apple cider. It was only $4 for 2 litres and it tastes absolutely delicious, it seems like very high end stuff. It's brand name was "Fresh from the Orchard." Thanks for starting this thread!

OP
skittles

skittles

For what it's worth, after I posted this thread, I was scrolling through OJ posts on the rpf, and tried Oasis pulp free OJ with 7 tablespoons of sugar added to the bottle, stirred up in a glass with a little bit of baking soda.
And magically, i feel great drinking this.
I could've sworn I tried this before, but maybe it was with a different brand or something.
Anywho, my fridge has both PC apple cider and sugared Oasis OJ now.

johnsmith

For what it's worth, after I posted this thread, I was scrolling through OJ posts on the rpf, and tried Oasis pulp free OJ with 7 tablespoons of sugar added to the bottle, stirred up in a glass with a little bit of baking soda.
And magically, i feel great drinking this.
I could've sworn I tried this before, but maybe it was with a different brand or something.
Anywho, my fridge has both PC apple cider and sugared Oasis OJ now.
That's what I've been doing for a year or so as well. But recently I started doing as Inaut described in the post linked below. I now add sugar, baking soda as well as some collagen to each cup fresh. I have yet to pick out a mini juice press device so that I can also start adding a clementine or two to each cup... I can't wait to try it out.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals