For All Bodybuilders / Strenght Trainers On Here

thms

Hey all.

I have had good results with RP guidelines so far, i want to take it to the next level

ive upped my calcium intake upon recommendation of several members on here and feel a lot better (may be placebo)

i want to lose some fat and empasize on low fat milk, fruits, meat and i am doubting to ad STARCH like rice and potatoes

ive read a lot of contradictory information on starch such as

Low/no starch would be good to lose fat
Low/no starch would NOT be good for bodybuilders because starch would fill muscle glycogen better than sucrose / galactose

are there any bodybuilders/strength trainers on here that take in no starch?

Thank you all for helping out

Syncopated

Low/no starch would NOT be good for bodybuilders because starch would fill muscle glycogen better than sucrose / galactose

Thank you all for helping out

No, you want to fill muscle glycogen.

Vinero

Best bodybuilding diet:

Eat unlimited carbs and protein.
White rice, Potatoes, Oatmeal, Buckwheat, are good complex carbs.
Sugar, Orange juice, Fruits, Cocoa, Coca-cola, are good simple carbs.
Milk, Low-fat cheese, Chicken Breast, Beef, Shrimp, Eggs, Lean Fish, are good proteins.

Fats: Watch out with eating too much Fat if you do not want to gain too much bodyfat.
Always go for Saturated fats like Butter, Cocoa-butter, Beef-Fat, Coconut oil, lamb-fat.
A small amount of Saturated fat with each meal is probably optimal, but do not make it the main macronutrient of a meal.

DaveFoster

Starch won't make you gain weight. Starch will promote endotoxin and inflammation. Fat attenuates the negative effects of starch. Fat will make you gain weight (coconut oil withstanding).

Vinero

Starch won't make you gain weight. Starch will promote endotoxin and inflammation. Fat attenuates the negative effects of starch. Fat will make you gain weight (coconut oil withstanding).
Which starch are you talking about? I have never gotten endotoxin or inflammation from the starches I mentioned (White rice, potatoes etc).
Maybe wheat is an exception, that has given be some bloated feelings in the past.

Syncopated

Best bodybuilding diet:

Eat unlimited carbs and protein.
White rice, Potatoes, Oatmeal, Buckwheat, are good complex carbs.
Sugar, Orange juice, Fruits, Cocoa, Coca-cola, are good simple carbs.
Milk, Low-fat cheese, Chicken Breast, Beef, Shrimp, Eggs, Lean Fish, are good proteins.

Fats: Watch out with eating too much Fat if you do not want to gain too much bodyfat.
Always go for Saturated fats like Butter, Cocoa-butter, Beef-Fat, Coconut oil, lamb-fat.
A small amount of Saturated fat with each meal is probably optimal, but do not make it the main macronutrient of a meal.

Potatoes, sweet potatoes and yams are the best starch to eat because of the potassium. Potassium is required for the proper functioning of insulin. Ray Peat wrote about potassium being important for insulin function.

Rice, buckwheat and other grains are no source of potassium. Choose the tubers only.

Starch is irreplaceable is post workout nutrition imo, fructose promotes too much insulin resistence to be useful for muscle anabolism. Better to use it before workouts.

Syncopated

Starch is irreplaceable is post workout nutrition imo, fructose promotes too much insulin resistence to be useful for muscle anabolism. Better to use it before workouts.

You need to be more specific with your recommendation of fructose. Honey has fructose yet no potassium. Orange juice has plenty of fructose and potassium for proper insulin function.

Syncopated

I recommend orange juice blended with raw egg whites. Avoid the yolks because of the polyunsaturates.

YourUniverse

Ray has openly said sugars > starches. Ray has openly stated if you have trouble with digestion or weight gain, to avoid starches. The rest is forum members advocating their own opinions, anecdotes, or diet ideas TBH.

You need to be more specific with your recommendation of fructose. Honey has fructose yet no potassium. Orange juice has plenty of fructose and potassium for proper insulin function.
If the liver is replete with glycogen, fructose will be turned into fat and increase blood trigs causing insulin resistance and high blood sugar, not bad for pre-workout. Only if liver glycogen is depleted will fructose be useful for post workout. 1 glass of oj only has 25g of carbs, and only half of that has a chance to get to the muscle, as the liver soaks up the fructose portion. You're right about oj and potassium, but other foods have plenty, such as milk and potatoes, and sodium is needed to spare potassium in the first place, salty potatoes are a great muscle food.

Syncopated

If the liver is replete with glycogen, fructose will be turned into fat and increase blood trigs causing insulin resistance and high blood sugar, not bad for pre-workout. Only if liver glycogen is depleted will fructose be useful for post workout. 1 glass of oj only has 25g of carbs, and only half of that has a chance to get to the muscle, as the liver soaks up the fructose portion. You're right about oj and potassium, but other foods have plenty, such as milk and potatoes, and sodium is needed to spare potassium in the first place, salty potatoes are a great muscle food.
I was comparing tubers to grains.

Luckytype

I typed out stupid long reply then realized nobody mentioned the "non-negotiables" of peating.

Calorie balance to energy expenditure and the fact that losing stores enegy as body fat liberates the "devil" of FFA. And we know the body does spot reduce or do it selectively.

All the discussion about adding in calories which i agree with to a given extent but there IS a stopping point where you gain fat, in maintenance there IS a stopping point where you begin to lean down. The body doesnt just magically convert tissue to tissue because we want it to.

Why is this never discussed?

paymanz

In a eucaloric high sucrose diet there is no insulin resistance compared to starch.

Excess calories is what make you insulin resistance.

Thats my understanding.

paymanz

Ray has openly said sugars > starches. Ray has openly stated if you have trouble with digestion or weight gain, to avoid starches. The rest is forum members advocating their own opinions, anecdotes, or diet ideas TBH.
Yes :thumbsup:.

He prefers sucrose over other carbs ,without a doubt.

For me personally the problem is that good quality fruit is not accessible some times.

Syncopated

All the discussion about adding in calories which i agree with to a given extent but there IS a stopping point where you gain fat, in maintenance there IS a stopping point where you begin to lean down. The body doesnt just magically convert tissue to tissue because we want it to.

Why is this never discussed?

Because most people don't like to water fast.

Syncopated

For me personally the problem is that good quality fruit is not accessible some times.

Have you tried the new seedless clementines available in the stores now? Delicious and a good source of effective vitamin C.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals