Foot Neuropathy

Lately I have noticed electric/ tingling sensations in my feet. It has become incredibly annoying. I'm not sure if it is neuropathy or not but sounds about right based on the description.
I get it mainly in my left foot always worse in the evening. I have also noticed it in my right foot and left hand a few times.
Is there anything I can do for relief?

Sheila

Not sure what supplementation you may be on, or not, but consider b vits (especially B1, B6 and B12) and anything you eat that might be causing inflam to a weakened area. Note it is worse PM which means something is running out of energy as you run out of energy as the day goes on, you're just getting the warning signs then when the energy for further adaptation is no longer there. Hands and feet, not being that vital are always 'showers'. Next issues will be more internal. Solban will probably work topically by reducing inflammation and nerve annoyance but check your b requirements (crono) and if you have any other b vit signs. Also check overdose of Bs whilst I think about it, too much B6 will cause what a little B6 will fix. Just some thoughts.
Sheila

tara

In addition to Sheila's good ideas, how's your spine and posture? Only time I had anything like that was when I had a lower back disk prolapse pressing on the nerves that go down the leg and foot.

OP
E
tara said:
post 113481 In addition to Sheila's good ideas, how's your spine and posture? Only time I had anything like that was when I had a lower back disk prolapse pressing on the nerves that go down the leg and foot.

Not good! Stiff neck, Bad posture, poor sitting habbits (slouching, neck leans forward, ect..)

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
E
This all started while experimenting with low fat, caffeine ,and Niacinamide. Something really screwy happened. I was eating plenty of sugar but one day got hit with a terrible stress response from the caffeine and extreme hypoglycemia. My vision felt like it got worse and I felt weak and unwell for a week.
I cut out all the supplements and went back to a normal diet but I continued to have bouts of mild hyper and hypoglycemia for a month or two. At this time I started noticing cloudy white urine in the evenings along with the foot sensations.

That all happened a few months ago and my blood sugar issues have since normalized eating moderate fat and carb.
However I am still am having issues with the cloudy urine and neuropathy. I hoped it would go away by not but they persist.
Needless to say I am very skeptical of low fat and specifically niacinamide. Over the past 2 years I have experimented several times with B3. Everytime it starts out good but ends bad. This time i'm just worried I screwed myself up. Ill stray away from it for good this time.

I have no problem with b1, b6, b12 and try to take them regularly. I might have noticed some benefit but not sure.

OP
E
I feel like the circulation to my feet is just really bad. They are often cold and I don't think they are getting good blood flow. Last winter was the first time this was a problem in my life and this year it is almost unbearable. I get some relief using compression socks but they are only a band aid.

OP
E
its been a while. I have had high serum iron in the past but ferritin was always low normal.

tara

extremecheddar said:
post 113501 They are often cold and I don't think they are getting good blood flow.
Get some good woolley ugg boots, woolley socks, warm pj's, and an electric blanket. :)

extremecheddar said:
post 113497 Not good! Stiff neck, Bad posture, poor sitting habbits (slouching, neck leans forward, ect..)
Maybe consider getting an osteopath or chiropracter to assess it? And/or take up some practice to strengthen alignment?
I notice my posture is better for a couple of days if I go to a yoga class, but also that I slouch a lot less when I have more energy. I think eating more and better may have had a positive effect on this for me, not that I don't still slouch sometimes.

Forsythia

extremecheddar said:
post 113471 Lately I have noticed electric/ tingling sensations in my feet. It has become incredibly annoying. I'm not sure if it is neuropathy or not but sounds about right based on the description.
I get it mainly in my left foot always worse in the evening. I have also noticed it in my right foot and left hand a few times.

This sounds very much like what I used to experience and was caused by a B12 deficiency. It went away by supplementing with sublingual B12 (methycobalamin).

jet9

Lately I have noticed electric/ tingling sensations in my feet. It has become incredibly annoying. I'm not sure if it is neuropathy or not but sounds about right based on the description.
Is there anything I can do for relief?
Did you find out what is it ?
I have similar sensations when I have more sugar (fruits) and animal fat. I am afraid it can be symptoms of MS.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals