Food Sources For Apigenin And Naringenin

David PS

I decided to try to obtain apigenin the old fashion way by eating vegetables and plants. I have attached a table of food sources below.

Naringenin
Here is a table for food sources for Naringenin.
Phenol-Explorer: Showing all foods in which the polyphenol Naringenin is found

Mexican oregano appears to have both of these flavonoids.

Some references.
1. Bioavailability of Apigenin from Apiin-Rich Parsley in Humans
https://mediatum.ub.tum.de/doc/1218548/1218548.pdf
2. Effects of Flavonoids from Food and Dietary Supplements on Glial and Glioblastoma Multiforme Cells
3. Apigenin and Naringenin: Dietary Sources Bioavailability and Biological Activities of Naringenin and its Derivatives

Attachments

• Apigenin table - dietary sources.pdf
    371.4 KB · Views: 257

Sheila

Hello David PS,
Thank you for this excellent info. I did a similar search a while back using James Duke's ethnobotanical database Search List and the results are attached.
German chamomile seemed to come in well (not everyone can stand the ragworts) for apigenin and I am experimenting with the essential oil currently. It has a long history in digestion and skin blemish lightening (for those that tolerate it). As well as orange/grapefruit peel, and oregano, I found tarragon was also a good source. Tarragon is related to the other artemisias, a favourite class of mine.
Thanks for this very usable list. I attach similar here, but a search of the Duke dbase can be better ordered directly than as shown.
Best regards
Sheila

Attachments

• apigenin duke database.pdf
    80 KB · Views: 159
  • naringenin duke database.pdf
    50.3 KB · Views: 130
OP
David PS

David PS

Sheila - Thank you for the link to the Duke database.

I was inspired to look into these flavonoids afters watching Danny Roddy's video entitled "Reversing Fibrosis in Male Pattern Baldness"

Sheila

David PS, my pleasure, and thanks for a reminder to add Danny's latest to my viewing list.
Pity your sonic screwdriver - the modern day magic wand - doesn't work on pesky things like hairloss, or maybe it does.....
Best wishes,
Sheila

ddjd

Hello David PS,
Thank you for this excellent info. I did a similar search a while back using James Duke's ethnobotanical database Search List and the results are attached.
German chamomile seemed to come in well (not everyone can stand the ragworts) for apigenin and I am experimenting with the essential oil currently. It has a long history in digestion and skin blemish lightening (for those that tolerate it). As well as orange/grapefruit peel, and oregano, I found tarragon was also a good source. Tarragon is related to the other artemisias, a favourite class of mine.
Thanks for this very usable list. I attach similar here, but a search of the Duke dbase can be better ordered directly than as shown.
Best regards
Sheila
Are these all anti estrogen then?

paymanz

I think in order to absorb apigenin from chamomile you have to eat it with a fatty meal , chamomile tea doesn't deliver much apigenin i guess,as its a fat soluble substance.

ddjd

Regarding naringenin I found this

"The naringenin-7-glucoside form seems less bioavailable than the aglycol form.[18]"

ddjd

1693248696231.png

Back
Top Bottom