Food is making my sick

I was wondering today, could all my problems be due to an iron deficiency?

since I was basically coming from long years of one meal a day, low protein, then I started Ray Peat basically a lot of milk with coffee at every meal and high doses of aspirin, could all my problems be due to an iron deficiency ?
I personally don’t think so. Ray Peat has said anemia is a very rare situation and that being on the low side is healthier. He says the medical system needs to change their measurements as to what is considered good and bad levels.

I personally don’t think so. Ray Peat has said anemia is a very rare situation and that being on the low side is healthier. He says the medical system needs to change their measurements as to what is considered good and bad levels.
“Some researchers are concerned that the iron added to cereals is contributing to the incidence of leukemia and cancers of the lymphatic tissues in children. \[Goodfield, 1984.\] During the time of rapid growth, children are less likely than adults to store too much iron. At birth, they have a large amount of stored iron, and this decreases as they "grow into it." It is after puberty, when growth slows and the sex hormones are high, that the storage of iron increases. \[Blood, Sept., 1976.\] In a study of the "malnourished" children of migrant fruit pickers in California, these children who were "seriously anemic" were actually more resistant to infectious diseases than were the "well nourished" middle class children in the same region."- Ray Peat

"If the normal amount of dietary iron causes an increased susceptibility to infections even in children, and if a subnormal amount of iron slows the aging process, I think we are going to have to reconsider our ideas of nutritional adequacy, to look at the long range effects of diet, as well as the immediate effects. My current studies have to do with analyzing our ability to handle stress safely, in relation to our diet. I believe our nutritional recommendations for iron have to be revised sharply downward." -Ray Peay

Iron deficiency anemia does exist, in laboratory situations and in some cases of chronic bleeding, but I believe it should be the last-suspected cause of anemia, instead of the first. It should be considered as a possible cause of anemia only when very specific blood tests show an abnormally low degree of iron saturation of certain proteins. Usually, physicians consider the amount of hemoglobin or of red cells in the blood as the primary indicator of a need for iron, but that just isn't biologically reasonable." -Ray Peat

OP
R

Roni123@

“Some researchers are concerned that the iron added to cereals is contributing to the incidence of leukemia and cancers of the lymphatic tissues in children. \[Goodfield, 1984.\] During the time of rapid growth, children are less likely than adults to store too much iron. At birth, they have a large amount of stored iron, and this decreases as they "grow into it." It is after puberty, when growth slows and the sex hormones are high, that the storage of iron increases. \[Blood, Sept., 1976.\] In a study of the "malnourished" children of migrant fruit pickers in California, these children who were "seriously anemic" were actually more resistant to infectious diseases than were the "well nourished" middle class children in the same region."- Ray Peat

"If the normal amount of dietary iron causes an increased susceptibility to infections even in children, and if a subnormal amount of iron slows the aging process, I think we are going to have to reconsider our ideas of nutritional adequacy, to look at the long range effects of diet, as well as the immediate effects. My current studies have to do with analyzing our ability to handle stress safely, in relation to our diet. I believe our nutritional recommendations for iron have to be revised sharply downward." -Ray Peay

Iron deficiency anemia does exist, in laboratory situations and in some cases of chronic bleeding, but I believe it should be the last-suspected cause of anemia, instead of the first. It should be considered as a possible cause of anemia only when very specific blood tests show an abnormally low degree of iron saturation of certain proteins. Usually, physicians consider the amount of hemoglobin or of red cells in the blood as the primary indicator of a need for iron, but that just isn't biologically reasonable." -Ray Peat
yeah but i'm practically a huge amount of time actually restricting iron and consuming aspirin coffee and milk

yeah but i'm practically a huge amount of time actually restricting iron and consuming aspirin coffee and milk
I have been blocking iron too for 5+ years, cutting out most meat, drinking coffee and avoiding vitamin C when I do eat it and I have not had even one day of any illness in more than 5+ years! Plus my skin looks better than ever, with my age spots gone, so I am thinking there is something to it.

aniciete

Just test your levels if you think it’s possible. I myself and other users have had this happen after taking extremes to block iron. If I recall you are also fairly young too

OP
R

Roni123@

I can't deny that a non-starchy diet is perfect, especially cerebrally, but I can't deny that I need iron in my body, is there any way to reconcile that?

but I don't know if milk removes iron from the body, only if I consume it with meat or even if I consume it separately in different meals
I don’t think milk removes much, The coffee is the one to avoid if you wanna keep your iron. Pair your iron foods with vitamin C sources and you will absorb three times as much iron than without the C.

OP
R

Roni123@

i'm drinking a lot of milk now but my energy is still kinda bad and i have a very low immunity i ended up getting an infection between two teeth, so i think my low immunity comes from low iron, because maybe ray says low iron is good against infections , but my iron must be extremely low as I did everything to reduce it combined with really strenuous activity so I'm now consuming something between 9 -15 250 ml cups a day of milk (I ran out of starch and consumed a lot of sugar and rested a lot in this period and I ended up being able to digest the lactose) it's crazy but it worked really fast I still feel some pain and discomfort but it's almost nil

Korven

I can't deny that a non-starchy diet is perfect, especially cerebrally, but I can't deny that I need iron in my body, is there any way to reconcile that?

Is there any reason why you can't include red meat in your diet?

1. Red meat is not a starch and 2. it's an excellent source of iron.

OP
R

Roni123@

i have a bad tooth and i would also like to force the intake of iron to the maximum, i realized that if i eat just one meal a day of starch does not harm me at all, so i would force in a meal as high as possible of iron and in the remaining only milk, eggs, honey and sugar

OP
R

Roni123@

girl I can't maintain a high level of energy without starch, even though I consume large amounts of calories and that makes me crave a lot of starches and today I consumed bread and butter, three eggs, cheese and two huge cups of coffee with sugar and that resulted in a lot of energy why does this happen

aniciete

girl I can't maintain a high level of energy without starch, even though I consume large amounts of calories and that makes me crave a lot of starches and today I consumed bread and butter, three eggs, cheese and two huge cups of coffee with sugar and that resulted in a lot of energy why does this happen
Because you are very young and don’t need to remove a whole food group. Your body needs glucose. Orthorexia is very alive around this forum…