EndAllDisease

Since virtually the entire food supply in the US and Canada has poisons added to it, a good defensive strategy to make foods like orange juice safe is to add a couple pinches of sodium bicarbonate to the bottle and mix it well before consuming.

Kunder

Much like the few before me who have pointed out, and were duly ignored - the fluoride is mentioned in the same sentence as willow bark extract and potato protein.

Yes granted those are not bold, highlighted and underlined, as they obviously don't fit the narrative, but so should we pretend like they're not even there?

Also, the bombastic title of the thread seems to be misleading looking at the actual content of the text. From what I can tell fluoride is certainly not "now officially banned in India" as the measure is just a proposal of one agency.

Also, for a better perspective:
Indian State Is Expanding Penalty for Killing a Cow to Life in Prison

Last edited:
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut
@Janelle525
@Makrosky
@Such_Saturation
@GAF
@danishispsychic
@jyb

Fear not, you can all get wasted daily as you usually do (my guess after reading many of your posts anyway) and your thyroid won't even know about it:
Taurine Reverses Thyroid Inhibition Due To Fluoride

We produce our own taurine but clams, octopus, shrimps and fish could help :
Taurine content in foods

Taurine content in foods [1989]
Pasantes-Morales, H. (Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Mexico) Quesada, O. Alcocer, L. Olea, R.S.
Abstract

The taurine content of foods including fruits, vegetables, seeds, nuts, cereals, meat, seafood, and dairy products was examined in this study. The highest concentration of taurine was found in clams and octopus (41.4 micromoles/g and 31.2 micromoles/g), followed by shrimp and fish (12.4 micromoles/g and 9.1 micromoles/g). Beef, pork and lamb meat contain taurine in concentrations ranging 3.5-4.0 micromoles/g. Taurine concentration in chicken leg was 6.6 micromoles/g and in chicken breast was 1.4 micromoles/g. No taurine was found either in hen eggs (yolk or white) or in dairy products or in honey. Taurine was undetectable in fruits and vegetables. From the seeds, cereals and grains examined, rice, corn, oatmeal, rye, wheat, barley, sesame seed, coffee and cacao, contain no taurine. Pumpkin seeds contain 13.5 nmoles/g, black beans 9.2 nmoles/g, horse beans 12.9 nmoles/g, and chick peas 18.7 nmoles/g. No taurine was detected in peanuts. Walnuts, almonds, cashews, hazelnuts and pinenuts contained taurine in concentrations ranging 15-46 nmoles/g. Pistachios contained very low amounts of taurine (4.9 nmoles/g). All analysis were carried out in uncooked samples. The interest of these results is considered in terms of reported evidences on the deleterious consequences of taurine deficiency in animals and humans

Lol, I wish I was getting wasted daily :): Long gone days of my blissful 20s. But yeah, taurine can really help mitigate the damage of both alcohol and fluoride.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Much like the few before me who have pointed out, and were duly ignored - the fluoride is mentioned in the same sentence as willow bark extract and potato protein.

Yes granted those are not bold, highlighted and underlined, as they obviously don't fit the narrative, but so should we pretend like they're not even there?

Also, the bombastic title of the thread seems to be misleading looking at the actual content of the text. From what I can tell fluoride is certainly not "now officially banned in India" as the measure is just a proposal of one agency.

Also, for a better perspective:
Indian State Is Expanding Penalty for Killing a Cow to Life in Prison

No, it has not been ignored (at least by me). I just said that I don't know the reason for the ban of potato protein is, and speculated that it could be that potato protein is contaminated with something as it is seems to be a waste product of agriculture in India. If I wanted to manipulate, I would have extracted only the words that I wanted.
And no, the title is not misleading as it was an actual ban (not just a proposal) on fluoride. Here is another link, which even mentions a deadline.

http://fluoridealert.org/news/fssai-directs-fbos-to-discontinue-fluoride-use-due-to-safety-concerns/
"...The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) recently directed the food business operators (FBOs) to discontinue running businesses involving foods containing two ingredients, namely fluoride and potato protein isolate, with immediate effect and withdraw the same from the market keeping in view the safety concerns. Further, it also ordered the discontinuation, with immediate effect, of products containing ingredients like willow bark extract, pyrrol quinoline quinone and lemon bam, as they have been identified to exhibit the properties of drugs. However, the sale of products already manufactured or imported is permitted until June 30, 2018."

Amazoniac

Thanks for the heads up.
How effective do you think adding a pinch of borax would be in negating flouride’s effects?
I don't think it makes sense if you can avoid the exposure.

Wagner and I some time ago were discussing how to eliminate the need for measuring spoons and scales. Considering that a compound is safe and relatively non-toxic, this should be practical and it will force you to sharpen your awareness to adjust the dose based on the amount that gives you the best effect, not on theoresical values. There's the guy that weights his meals, adding or removing pieces of foods just to round the values of the scale instead of relying on feel, the situation is hilarious. Too much poetry already.

It's easy to find the density of a compound in question. If measurements are based on comparison with a standard reference, all you have to do is to create your own. For this, you can use something that is mouldable (modelling clay, dough, etc). You'll has to use a ruler to cut it into a cube (mm³ or cm³ depending on what you're interested in). All you have to do next is to shape it (with care to avoid compacting it) to the desired form. Moulding it as a half of a shere or hemisphere (Wagner, 2018) is a workable example.

In the case of borax/sodium borate, its density is 1.73 g/cm³. You already has the volume of a cube shapen to your desired form serving as reference. Regardless of the shape, that volume represents 1.73 g of borax. You can start to compare this with your pinch to have an idea of how much you's getting. For practical purposes you can also start to modify your reference by cutting the volume in parts (1/2, 1/4, ..).

1 cm³ is more or less 0.2 of a teaspoon. It's also easy to search for this.

Assuming that a pinch is 1/16 of a teaspoon, we replace it above: 1 cm³ is more or less 0.2 of 16 pinches, so 1 cm³ = 3.2 pinches. Then, (1.73/3.2) = 0.55 g of borax per pinch.

- Borax, Borates, and Other Boron-Carrying Compounds
- Addition of boric acid or borax to food supplements | BfR Health Assessment

11.36% of 0.55 g = 60 mg of boron

If I got everything right, that's a hefty dose but far from toxic..

- Arsenic, Boron, Nickel, Silicon, and Vanadium - Dietary Reference Intakes for Vitamin A, Vitamin K, Arsenic, Boron, Chromium, Copper, Iodine, Iron, Manganese, Molybdenum, Nickel, Silicon, Vanadium, and Zinc - NCBI Bookshelf

"[..]from reports on the use of borates to treat epilepsy where doses between 1,000 mg/day of boric acid (2.5 mg/kg/ day) to 25 g/day of boric tartrate (24.8 mg/kg/day) were administered chronically, toxicity was expressed as dermatitis, alopecia, anorexia, and indigestion (Culver and Hubbard, 1996). On the basis of their review of the human data in adults, Culver and Hubbard (1996) reported no adverse effects at chronic intakes of 2.5 mg/ kg/day (about 1 g of boric acid [17.5% boron])."

"Boron chemistry suggests it is transported in the blood as B(OH)3. Specifically, because boron forms labile complexes in aqueous solution, transport is probably as free boric acid rather than a complex (da Silva and Williams, 1991)."

"In humans, the half-life for elimination was approximately 21 hours for both intravenously (Jansen et al., 1984a) and orally (Jansen et al., 1984b) administered boric acid."​

Given that it circulates mainly as boric acid (but some as tetrahydroxyborate) and that it takes a while to be cleared, perhaps it can interact with valuable nutrients in an unwanted way..

- Reaction of Borate with Substances of Biological Interest (!)

I don't know how it affects fluoride, maybe @Captain_Coconut or @Elephanto can help you better. Even if it inhibits adsorption (which doesn't seem to be the case), I still can't understand why it's preferable to resort to this if you can simply avoid great fluoride sources (selecting waters with low content for example).

Last edited:

BigChad

@haidut Also why would they mention willow bark and PQQ here. Isn't PQQ a good thing being a quinone. does it really damage liver and kidneys

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut Also why would they mention willow bark and PQQ here. Isn't PQQ a good thing being a quinone. does it really damage liver and kidneys

It is a quinone derivative. Peat does not seem to like it and told me several ears ago he would not recommend using it. The fact that it stimulates bacterial growth is probably one reason why Peat does not like it. He mentioned "possible toxicity" in regards to PQQ but did not elaborate when I asked him to.
Willow bark itself is not linked to kidney damage unless you take massive amounts but in many countries it is sold as an extract and often contaminated with heavy metals.

BigChad

It is a quinone derivative. Peat does not seem to like it and told me several ears ago he would not recommend using it. The fact that it stimulates bacterial growth is probably one reason why Peat does not like it. He mentioned "possible toxicity" in regards to PQQ but did not elaborate when I asked him to.
Willow bark itself is not linked to kidney damage unless you take massive amounts but in many countries it is sold as an extract and often contaminated with heavy metals.

interesting, I thought it would be safe given it's in kiwi and breast milk. Have you tried it or known of anyone who had good experiences with it. I've seen good reviews on reddit, most negative complaints on it are people not noticing a difference or stomach upset.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
interesting, I thought it would be safe given it's in kiwi and breast milk. Have you tried it or known of anyone who had good experiences with it. I've seen good reviews on reddit, most negative complaints on it are people not noticing a difference or stomach upset.

I don't really feel much from it, in contrast to other quinones such as vitamin K, CoQ10, emodin, MB, etc.

BigChad

I don't really feel much from it, in contrast to other quinones such as vitamin K, CoQ10, emodin, MB, etc.

Cool, with CoQ10, I heard that ubiquinone and ubiquinol convert into each other and that its pointless paying more for the ubiquinol. Is that the same in your experience. What about thymoquinone from nigella sativa, and beta lapachone from pau d arco.

Someone also told me this regarding Coq10, K2, and PQQ. Makes it seem like stacking them would lead to a better effect.

"Those three have similar effects ultimately, but act on three separate targets. K2 affects overall signalling, CoQ10 goes to the mitochondria, and PQQ targets cytosolic proteins; it's like three separate work stations for the same assembly line."

Back
Top Bottom