haidut

Forum Supporter
Finally some brave souls found the courage to publish a piece of truth. Fluoride is one of the "cornerstones" of public health policy and studies going against the established dogma are very rarely published. Whatever evidence about fluoride's toxicity comes to light is usually explained away that it only happens at very high concentrations that cannot be achieved by drinking tap water.
Well, not so, according to the study below. Exposure to fluoride in drinking water led to an average of 7 point drop in IQ scores of the people drinking that water and lead the authors to call fluoride a brain toxin comparable to lead and mercury.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0892036214001809
https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/news/features/fluoride-childrens-health-grandjean-choi/
"...For years health experts have been unable to agree on whether fluoride in the drinking water may be toxic to the developing human brain. Extremely high levels of fluoride are known to cause neurotoxicity in adults, and negative impacts on memory and learning have been reported in rodent studies, but little is known about the substance’s impact on children’s neurodevelopment. In a meta-analysis, researchers from Harvard School of Public Health (HSPH) and China Medical University in Shenyang for the first time combined 27 studies and found strong indications that fluoride may adversely affect cognitive development in children. Based on the findings, the authors say that this risk should not be ignored, and that more research on fluoride’s impact on the developing brain is warranted."

"...Choi and senior author Philippe Grandjean, adjunct professor of environmental health at HSPH, and their colleagues collated the epidemiological studies of children exposed to fluoride from drinking water. The China National Knowledge Infrastructure database also was included to locate studies published in Chinese journals. They then analyzed possible associations with IQ measures in more than 8,000 children of school age; all but one study suggested that high fluoride content in water may negatively affect cognitive development. The average loss in IQ was reported as a standardized weighted mean difference of 0.45, which would be approximately equivalent to seven IQ points for commonly used IQ scores with a standard deviation of 15.* Some studies suggested that even slightly increased fluoride exposure could be toxic to the brain. Thus, children in high-fluoride areas had significantly lower IQ scores than those who lived in low-fluoride areas. The children studied were up to 14 years of age, but the investigators speculate that any toxic effect on brain development may have happened earlier, and that the brain may not be fully capable of compensating for the toxicity. “Fluoride seems to fit in with lead, mercury, and other poisons that cause chemical brain drain,” Grandjean says. “The effect of each toxicant may seem small, but the combined damage on a population scale can be serious, especially because the brain power of the next generation is crucial to all of us.”

johnwester130

many people in society are emotionless, lifeless and chronically bored.

Is this part due to fluoride poisoning

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

I am sure there are many other factors but if fluoride can drop IQ by 7 points then it is likely quite toxic for the brain and probably affects the emotional brain centers as well. Since IQ is related to dopamine and energy production, and fluoride is known to suppress the thyroid, being chronically bored, emotionless and lifeless is probably how fluoride toxicity would manifest itself.
But keep in mind that most people these days are on at least 1 prescription drug that is known to have such effects including PPI, SSRI, statin, or BC. Any of these can also produce the symptoms you describe, so it is hard to say which specific toxin in the environment is the most nefarious. And they probably have synergistic effects so even lower amounts of each can do damage when used together.

burtlancast

In before Tara.

Cirion

I find being easily bored corresponds to low dopamine. Most people are low dopamine and high serotonin.

Thank you for posting this @haidut

Fluoride is like a third rail in Western medicine. But one that may be finally attacked and put to bed. Although I’m overly optimistic

Ever heard of boiling egg shells in cider vinegar and using a drop or two per glass of water to precipitate out calcium fluoride?

lampofred

Drinking fluoridated water instantly shuts off my thyroid. This includes all normal drinks such as coke, orange juice from concentrate, etc. which all use tap water. I have to take cynoplus immediately afterwards to function.

Sucks having to be so restricted just to avoid being poisoned.

Nebula

I was surprised to find out the water in my area is not fluoridated, because it contains natural levels of fluoride. Is there any evidence of a different effect on thyroid between naturally occurring fluoride and the type added at a water treatment facility?

aguilaroja

...“Fluoride seems to fit in with lead, mercury, and other poisons that cause chemical brain drain,” Grandjean says. “The effect of each toxicant may seem small, but the combined damage on a population scale can be serious, especially because the brain power of the next generation is crucial to all of us.”

Grandjean has been involved in many studies of toxicants. I don't know the backroom politics. Maybe his many later papers about perfluorinated compounds was a shift away from combative debates about fluoride.

On more thing, @haidut.
There is research about the fluoridation process itself INCREASING arsenic concentration in the water supply. The study below includes references to previous evidence.
AFAIK dentists and public health officials are not promoting arsenic for prevention.

Arsenic from community water fluoridation: quantifying the effect. - PubMed - NCBI
"Fluoridated systems were associated with an additional 0.078μg/L (95% CI 0.021,0.136) of arsenic when compared to non-fluoridated systems(P<0.008) while controlling for raw water concentrations, treatment processes (coagulation, microfiltration, ultrafiltration), and source water (ground vs. surface)."

http://www.bcc.bas.bg/bcc_volumes/Volume_47_Special_D_2015/BCC-47-SpecialD-2015-187-192-Giti.pdf
The aim of this applied-analytical study was to investigate the feasibility of fluoride (F) removal from drinking water using a batch reactor by using eggshell powder. The variables under study involved are the pH, contact time, adsorbent doses, initial F concentration, reaction kinetics and eggshell powder characteristics. A sample of urban drinking water was prepared containing 3-12 mg/L of F. Eggshell powder was prepared in a laboratory oven at 105 ̊C for 12 h. The F-containing water was introduced into a batch reactor and the F removal efficiency was studied in different cases for pH (4-10), contact time (0-80 min) and adsorbent doses (1-2.5 gr/dl). The characteristics of the eggshell powder showed that the average diameter in size of the eggshell powder particles is 2 μm. The main component of the eggshell powder was calcium carbonate (CaCO3). The best conditions for F removal attained were at pH 6, contact time 60 min., an adsorbent dose of 3 gr. and an F concentration of 3 mg/L. The adsorption of F in eggshell powder was obtained from the Langmuir isotherm.

Drinking fluoridated water instantly shuts off my thyroid. This includes all normal drinks such as coke, orange juice from concentrate, etc. which all use tap water. I have to take cynoplus immediately afterwards to function.

Sucks having to be so restricted just to avoid being poisoned.
I experienced the same. A few weeks ago, I decided to stop drinking coke altogether, because, after 1,5 liters, I would get cold hands and feet.

Now I decided to stop drinking filtered tap water completely. Even for cooking, I won't use it anymore. I now only use mineral water, and even then I make sure to only use the ones with the lowest amount of fluoride. The amount of times that I have to urinate has lowered by a lot, even though my caffeine intake remained the same.

Finally some brave souls found the courage to publish a piece of truth. Fluoride is one of the "cornerstones" of public health policy and studies going against the established dogma are very rarely published. Whatever evidence about fluoride's toxicity comes to light is usually explained away that it only happens at very high concentrations that cannot be achieved by drinking tap water.
Well, not so, according to the study below. Exposure to fluoride in drinking water led to an average of 7 point drop in IQ scores of the people drinking that water and lead the authors to call fluoride a brain toxin comparable to lead and mercury.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0892036214001809
https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/news/features/fluoride-childrens-health-grandjean-choi/
"...For years health experts have been unable to agree on whether fluoride in the drinking water may be toxic to the developing human brain. Extremely high levels of fluoride are known to cause neurotoxicity in adults, and negative impacts on memory and learning have been reported in rodent studies, but little is known about the substance’s impact on children’s neurodevelopment. In a meta-analysis, researchers from Harvard School of Public Health (HSPH) and China Medical University in Shenyang for the first time combined 27 studies and found strong indications that fluoride may adversely affect cognitive development in children. Based on the findings, the authors say that this risk should not be ignored, and that more research on fluoride’s impact on the developing brain is warranted."

"...Choi and senior author Philippe Grandjean, adjunct professor of environmental health at HSPH, and their colleagues collated the epidemiological studies of children exposed to fluoride from drinking water. The China National Knowledge Infrastructure database also was included to locate studies published in Chinese journals. They then analyzed possible associations with IQ measures in more than 8,000 children of school age; all but one study suggested that high fluoride content in water may negatively affect cognitive development. The average loss in IQ was reported as a standardized weighted mean difference of 0.45, which would be approximately equivalent to seven IQ points for commonly used IQ scores with a standard deviation of 15.* Some studies suggested that even slightly increased fluoride exposure could be toxic to the brain. Thus, children in high-fluoride areas had significantly lower IQ scores than those who lived in low-fluoride areas. The children studied were up to 14 years of age, but the investigators speculate that any toxic effect on brain development may have happened earlier, and that the brain may not be fully capable of compensating for the toxicity. “Fluoride seems to fit in with lead, mercury, and other poisons that cause chemical brain drain,” Grandjean says. “The effect of each toxicant may seem small, but the combined damage on a population scale can be serious, especially because the brain power of the next generation is crucial to all of us.”
In the state I live in, according to a search I did a while ago, the amount of fluoride in tap water is 0,7 mg per liter(yes, it's that high). So drinking 2 liters per day of this water is enough to make one hypothyroid. No wonder I see bloated bellies and malformed faces everywhere. I think you kinda have to dumb down people, so that they can't see the system that they are stuck in. Metabolically healthy people simply can see through most types of bullsh1t, therefore they are very dangerous to the system.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Grandjean has been involved in many studies of toxicants. I don't know the backroom politics. Maybe his many later papers about perfluorinated compounds was a shift away from combative debates about fluoride.

On more thing, @haidut.
There is research about the fluoridation process itself INCREASING arsenic concentration in the water supply. The study below includes references to previous evidence.
AFAIK dentists and public health officials are not promoting arsenic for prevention.

Arsenic from community water fluoridation: quantifying the effect. - PubMed - NCBI
"Fluoridated systems were associated with an additional 0.078μg/L (95% CI 0.021,0.136) of arsenic when compared to non-fluoridated systems(P<0.008) while controlling for raw water concentrations, treatment processes (coagulation, microfiltration, ultrafiltration), and source water (ground vs. surface)."

Oh wow, did not know that! Thanks for sharing. Here is another study showing even low-level exposure to fluoride in tap water increases dementia risk.
Aluminium and fluoride in drinking water in relation to later dementia risk | The British Journal of Psychiatry | Cambridge Core

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Thank you for posting this @haidut

Fluoride is like a third rail in Western medicine. But one that may be finally attacked and put to bed. Although I’m overly optimistic

Ever heard of boiling egg shells in cider vinegar and using a drop or two per glass of water to precipitate out calcium fluoride?

Nope, had not heard of that but I think this is a similar idea to some kind of calcium solution they infuse in people who have fluoride poisoning. How many eggs shells per unit of water and then how many drops per unit of water are needed?

Nope, had not heard of that but I think this is a similar idea to some kind of calcium solution they infuse in people who have fluoride poisoning. How many eggs shells per unit of water and then how many drops per unit of water are needed?

some kind of dubious page said you boil the eggshells in the vinegar for a bit, to get the calcium carbonate to combine with the vinegar. Calcium carbonate itself is not terribly soluble in water.

Then you use the resulting solution and a few drops is supposed to precipitate out the fluoride. I would assume you'd have to filter the precipitate out, or if it sinks to the bottom leave it at the bottom of the drinking glass...

So many questions.

description reads:
A simple bit of chemistry to create calcium acetate from vinegar and eggshells. Vinegar is mostly water and about 4% acetic acid. Egg shells are made mostly of calcium carbonate. Combined, they create calcium acetate and release CO2 in the process. Once this batch is done, I will add this to prefiltered tap water so that the calcium acetate can react with sodium fluoride, or in my case, hexafluorisilic acid. The chemical reaction should result in producing calcium fluoride which is a strong bond between Ca+ and Fl- and is therefore not bioavailable and also lage enough to be filtered via RO or distilling. This is the only affordable way I know to filter fluoride from the water. Have other ideas? Let me know!