Fluid Tissue - Fascinating Fasciae

rr1

Thanks for the replies!

@Ben. Of course. I appreciate your input. It is indeed very interesting, my list of books to read on this topic are already piling up. I've also experienced the same as you from lying on the floor.
And there is a reason why practices like Qigong have been around for thousands of years. They work for people.

@rei Thank you! Maybe even more related to my case, my right temple was a little more receded than my left. For the last 5 years I have had chronically tight calves, and my left calf muscle was far worse, severely limiting ankle mobility. My SCM muscles on the right of my neck are far tighter, and more pronounced, than the left. Looking at the body as a tensegrity structure like you said, could it make sense that the tight calf muscle on the left would create more tension on the right side of my body?

Ben.

It would seem more logical the back tension lines would be connected to the scalp, but as is true with fascial tensegrity it is often the opposite where the problem lies. Adhesion on left side of body causes perceived pain on the right, etc. So i have no trouble believing such exercise could result in what he described.

One would think so but if i look at these pictures it could "theoreticlly" be the back or the front line.

Either way i'd like to get my hands on a fascia atlas or something (altough i understand that the fascia network is hugely different from person to person).

2017-09-19-19.44.41.jpg

Theoreticly it could also be the lateral line or the spiral one.

Lateral-and-Spiral-Lines-768x683.jpg

Pretty much everyone these days is sitting for a big majority of their life. This chronically tightens all muscles in the front of the body, especially hip flexors, and with tight hip flexors comes tight SCM muscles. These people always have a forward head posture, which Thomas Myers says is held in place by the fascia.

We know when the head is pushed forward that is stretches the galea, and when the galea is stretched, blood vessels are compressed impeding blood flow to reach the hair follicle, and also creating local inflammation.

What are your thoughts on this?

From personal experience this may very well be as i noticed actually gaining muscle control of my scalp when i loosen up the muscles around the neck. I usually/normally can't move my scalp at all - only raising eyebrows, thats where i am good at after the last two years...

If we look at muscles and fascia images we can see them especially at the neck region to overlap and attach, so much so that it is obvious as to how a issue in the feet/calves or somewhere down the line would or could cause an obstruction to the head/scalp. I personally had a much of "aha!" moments exploring it. Working on the back and front line i personally have identified extreme tightness and problematic spots in the calves, soles of my feet and at or around the atlast/axis.

The tricky part is, identifying the actuall culprit. But perhaps this will come on its own by working trough feeling/intuition, fixing layers and injured areas and establishing a new stable baseline where the posture is where it should be.

It has been posted a couple of times already on the forum but have you seen this dylanrr1?:

Hair Loss: The Real Underlying Causes Are Not Androgenetic

ea120bbe8b3196369f4ec6ef80efe1d6.jpg

Attachments

• superficial-back-line-278x300.jpg
    superficial-back-line-278x300.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 8

Ben.

@Ben. Of course. I appreciate your input. It is indeed very interesting, my list of books to read on this topic are already piling up. I've also experienced the same as you from lying on the floor.

Can you recommend one or two in particular? Its still a field of interest of mine that i haven't been able to devote as much time/energy to as i would've liked to.

Inaut

@rei what do you think about using a tens machine for fascia release and muscle tone?

OP
R

rei

@rei what do you think about using a tens machine for fascia release and muscle tone?
If you can isolate muscles to contract on their own without the muscles that normally always accompany them in any movement you make, you will probably be able to achieve release of fascial adhesions. But it does not seem very efficient compared to using a massage gun because it makes your tissues move without being contracted so they are able to move more.

The massage gun is extremely helpful, and gives a good clue at which point you are in the process. In the beginning even the slow speed will feel ticklish when using over tight muscles and the fastest speed will be unbearable with any real force applied. When you are arriving at the end of the process any muscle can tolerate the highest speed with any pressure (so hard at least the cheap machines stall, mine takes about 55W at this point)

Inaut

I smoked a hand rolled cigarette yesterday and immediately afterwards I noticed my back was perfectly straight. Not sure who recommended nicotine/tobacco for fascia but i think it's legit.

ironfist

Sorry for quoting again but i wanted to say thanks again for posting these videos, one simple thing i learned from this guy allowed me to yawn for the very first time in years without hearing my tinnitus while doing so ... defenietly will explore this further.

While not directed at me, i still wanted to add that deep hip flexor stretches caused on a couple of occassions my cold ears to become warm and tension in the jaw to reduce immensely (altough only for a short moment). If it can do that i wouldn't be surprised if issues in the posture/fascia can restrict blood/fluid/lymph flow to the scalp/hair follices.

I also noticed immense hair quality improvement when mobilizing the atlas (C1) probably along with the axis (C2) while keeping the vertebra prominens (C7) stable. Tension around the neck and back vanished almost instantly and i felt like fluid (lymphs) moving. This may explain why lying on the floor results in the same thing for me, pressure on the backside of the head and passive hip flexor relaxation (psoas release). I seem to have congestion/blockage right there.

How all of this is interconnected in the web of fascia that relates to our tensigrity idk and im more than certain it is different from person to person. Rei explained it like taking care of layers. The proccess seems to be hard to put in words.

Postural issues or lets say issues with the musculoskeletal system being a potential causation for baldness is not a new theory.

I also stumbled upon this which i found to be very interesting and makes me wonder how much this not only affects fluidity but also our organs and our nervous system.
What did you do to mobilize C1?
Can the back bend be done without force? Can you lay on one of these? Robot or human?

akgrrrl

What did you do to mobilize C1?
Can the back bend be done without force? Can you lay on one of these? Robot or human?
You can also consider one of the huge inflatable balls to mobilize c1, c2, c3 by laying over it, neck supported on the ball. Tiny movements go a long way after you get situated