Fluid overload at 25yo - water retention, oedema, any solutions?

Vicecaz

I'm a bit in a dire situation now and for the last months. After 6 months HCG and a 1-week proviron trial and other experimentations, I am stuck in a "fluid overload" state where I have water retention everywhere.

At the worst, I had severe oedema in my ankles, legs. They have decreased in severity but I can feel and hear my legs, arms and lungs cracking. That's the water being held there that "cracks" with movement. I don't really know what to do. It's been six months already, I'm eating paleo-like, focus with anti inflammatory food. I've tried sauna, sports, cold showers, adaptogens, ginger and the likes. Having fluid overload like this apparently indicates kidney or heart issue.

Also, every time I eat food, I get tired to a terrible point. We all get slower after eating yes, but not to that level, it's almost as if I'm fainting.

I am PAS, which is similar/identical to the PFS. Hence the reason why I tried HCG/Proviron.

I'm otherwise "healthy", competitive in sports, but that state is very worrying
My next attempt to get rid of that situation is to do a 3/4 days water fast. That's the most I'll be able to do for now given that I have professional obligations.

Any recommendations, possible solutions I could try?

DonLore

Ray has written extensively about this. Thyroid, salt, CO2, progesterone, blood sugar all help in regulating fluid balance, while estrogen, cortisol, pufa and serotonin do the opposite.

OP
V

Vicecaz

Ray has written extensively about this. Thyroid, salt, CO2, progesterone, blood sugar all help in regulating fluid balance, while estrogen, cortisol, pufa and serotonin do the opposite.
Thank you for the prompt answer.

i'm familiar with ray's work, but to talk in actionable steps, you would increase salt intake, try to optimize thryoid, take progesterone ? Would that mean "taking" thyroid, T3/T4? Because I've tried my best to optimize my thyroid, sleeping as much as i can, doing sports, taking ashwagandha, taurine, glycine, zinc, potassium, kefir, ghee, lots of coffee, adaptogens, eating dense foods. Unfortunately with no success so far and time flies.

Last edited:

DonLore

Thank you for the prompt answer. I

'm familiar with ray's work, but to talk in actionable steps, you would increase salt intake, try to optimize thryoid, take progesterone ? Would that mean "taking" thyroid, T3/T4? Because I've tried my best to optimize my thyroid, sleeping as much as i can, doing sports, taking ashwagandha, taurine, glycine, zinc, potassium, kefir, ghee, lots of coffee, adaptogens, eating dense foods. Unfortunately with no success so far and time flies.
Sun light/red light, salty food like smashed potatoes/rice and slowed/bag breathing work for me. I suffer from the same problems now in the winter. Oh, and what is the most effective way short term is a benzodiazepine to stabilize nervous system. I think progesterone/little thyroid/pregnenolone could work well but I dont have access so cant speak for experience.
Cortisol and adrenalin is definately the big problem in this

artist

I have much experience in this area. Strongest full body fluid removers are imo serrapeptase and an antihistamine. Horse chestnut is powerful specifically against fluid pooling in the extremities. All three together and I have no swelling

OP
V

Vicecaz

Hello everyone,

Thanks for the bump @Peatness

Honestly, I'm still suffering a lot from these circulation problems. But I'm starting to see improvements.
I'm certain that I have Peripheral artery disease as I have all of the symptoms (Slow leg hair growth, slow leg/feet wound healing, leg heaviness, crepitus on my knees when standing up, calf pain after running, feet burning If I walk fast)
Wearing socks leave me with indents and sleeping on my arms make them numb.

All signs indicate a significant problem with my circulatory system. It's been a year now since these issues started and as focused as I was on work, I now realize that I certainly did not know how serious this was.

I always have been into sports, being the fastest/fittest among my peers. In 2021, in order to tackle issues I had after taking accutane, I took HCG for 6 months, followed by a week of Proviron. I also intermittently smoked cigars for 2 months and stopped doing sports for a short period of time, almost at the same time.

It seems that these factors are what lead me to where I am today -> Estrogen overload from HCG, poor sleep at the time, and tobacco damage to my arteries, I recall that my diet was great but not optimal either as I had peanut butter on a weekly basis for instance. Added to my sluggish liver and insulin resistance triggered by accutane, it seems that it was obvious that this would happen, in retrospect.

I have started the following protocol 2 weeks ago:

Androsterone 2mg daily (topical)
Progesterone 15mg ed (Health Natura)
Vit E (orally and topically from a gel)
Vit K2 MK7
Vit D3
Coffee
Hawthorne Berry
Garlic cloves
Potassium iodide
Vitamin B1 200mg
Vitamin B2 200mg
Gotu Kola
Pau d'Arco
Magnesium chloride (internally - Mg flakes)
Taurine / Glycine / Tudca
I rotate adaptogen/androgenic herbs (Astragalus, Rhodiola, Cistanche, Tongkat Ali, Maral, Suma, cordyceps)
Sometimes Cayenne pepper on my meals

I drink on a daily basis an infusion made of:
-Hot water
-Lemon juice
-Acerola Powder
-Pink Himalayan Salt
-1g of Taurine
-Infused Cinnamon / Ginger

As for sports, not sure if I could do sprinting, or cardio. I play light soccer with friends otherwise and do weight training.

My diet is mainly meat (beef, chicken, fish), veggies (Zucchini, Cucumber, Carrots, Celery) and fruits (Berries, Peaches, Melon), Eggs, Kefir and goat cheese sometimes. - non-exhaustive list. But I avoid PUFA, no grains, no gluten, and no alcohol.

I am wondering whether I should also try Aspirin, Niacinamide, Niacin flush, serrapeptase, the Linus Pauling protocol, Urea, bag breathing, thyroid to my current protocol.

It's very early to tell but it feels as though I am going in the right direction. These circulatory problems were followed by a massive, massive hair loss where I lost 80% of my hair density within 2/3 months, with no recession.
There is no doubt that my hair texture and thickness have improved since the beginning of August. I could provide pictures.
My legs are also feeling less heavy/numb after exercising.

I am just scared of the potential non-reversible component of CVD. It worries me on a daily basis but I'll keep trying things nonetheless.

Any help here would be welcomed!
I'm glad this forum exists, Reddit is a cesspool of negativity when it comes to CVD.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals