Flowers Of Sulfur (Need A Source)

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Need a good source for flowers of sulfur. Does anyone have one?

Thank you!

kettlebell

Charlie,

Are you going to do a "pinch" a day for 3 days or a teaspoon once a year? Both of which \peat has mentioned. He said flowers of sulphur is "Perfectly safe", I assume that is using it either way.

Do you suspect parasites? I am considering using some myself. I can only seem to find tubs of it on Amazon for "Equine use" but assume its safe for human consumption also.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Rachel, thank you. Gonna order some up tonight. :rockout

KB, no man I got a yeast infection of the mouth. :( Starting to get that cut up tongue feeling to it so need to do something. I wrote Ray Peat and he said:

Ray Peat said:
Touching it with a little flowers of sulfur or sodium thiosulfate, or rinsing with some vinegar, would help with the local infection; a raw carrot every day, grated with some olive oil and vinegar, helps to normalize the bowel flora.

I also plan on using it internally, but not sure the dosage or what not that I should go with.

Needless to say, just got back from the store and have my carrots and ready to go. Now just gotta order up some sulfur.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Rachel said:
I've got some amazing heirloom seeds, so you can grow your own... :lol:

:naughty

RRT

Charlie said:
I also plan on using it internally, but not sure the dosage or what not that I should go with.

For internal use, try 1/16 tsp (a pinch) for 3 to 6 days.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
RRT, welcome to the forum.

Have you noticed any benefits from using the sulfur? Just was curious.

RRT

I don't use it personally. I've talked to women using it for vaginal yeast and males with white tongue or topical yeast with success.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Ok, thank you!

Birdie

RRT said:
Charlie said:

For internal use, try 1/16 tsp (a pinch) for 3 to 6 days.
This is good advice. 1/16 tsp is standard for one pinch in measuring. Non-cooks might not know this. :)

Rachel

Birdie said:
... 1/16 tsp is standard for one pinch in measuring. Non-cooks might not know this. :)
bouquet-smiley_zpsd7945c23.gif

Birdie

Rachel said:
Birdie said:
... 1/16 tsp is standard for one pinch in measuring. Non-cooks might not know this. :)
bouquet-smiley_zpsd7945c23.gif
Merci. I'm off to
WalMart (yikes) to look for dem flowers.

amethyst

I know this is an older topic posting, but I have been using pure organic sulfur crystals and it is AMAZING in my opinion! It is not the same as MSM. It's the pure stuff. I get mine from www.mountainwellbeing.com but you can order pure organic sulfur elsewhere on the web. Just make sure it's the pure stuff and not just MSM. There really is a difference. If you listen to this interview, you will get a better picture:

You are supposed to take 1 tsp per 100 lbs. with plenty of water. It enhances vitamin C. Drink lots of water with it. I use it to detox but it is amazing how quickly it has helped my aching joints and muscles (particularly arthritis in my shoulder). From what I've read, it is also supposed to break down calcium deposits in your body. That's why I actually started using it. As I understand, it also increases glutathione in the body. It's also great if you are prone towards constipation, as anyone who tends toward hypothyroidism knows that is a problem.

I've tried loads of supplements. Some seem to work better than others but hands down, organic sulfur is one I will be using for the rest of my life as it really works. The only thing I will say is to start slow and level up. When I first tried it, I took too much initially and had a bad headache. I think that was a detox symptom. Now I take 1.5 -3 tsps. a day and feel great. I wouldn't take it too near bedtime tho as it can be stimulating. I try to get all my sulfur in before 5pm so I am not awake near bedtime. Hope that helps someone. For me, this is one supplement that just works.
* EDIT: Forgot to add, as a side benefit, it has also helped my breathing and nasal congestion. I wasn't using it for this but I feel I can breath better when taking the pure sulfur.

Last edited:

keith

I know this is an older topic posting, but I have been using pure organic sulfur crystals and it is AMAZING in my opinion! It is not the same as MSM. It's the pure stuff. I get mine from www.mountainwellbeing.com but you can order pure organic sulfur elsewhere on the web. Just make sure it's the pure stuff and not just MSM. There really is a difference. If you listen to this interview, you will get a better picture:

You are supposed to take 1 tsp per 100 lbs. with plenty of water. It enhances vitamin C. Drink lots of water with it. I use it to detox but it is amazing how quickly it has helped my aching joints and muscles (particularly arthritis in my shoulder). From what I've read, it is also supposed to break down calcium deposits in your body. That's why I actually started using it. As I understand, it also increases glutathione in the body. It's also great if you are prone towards constipation, as anyone who tends toward hypothyroidism knows that is a problem.

I've tried loads of supplements. Some seem to work better than others but hands down, organic sulfur is one I will be using for the rest of my life as it really works. The only thing I will say is to start slow and level up. When I first tried it, I took too much initially and had a bad headache. I think that was a detox symptom. Now I take 1.5 -3 tsps. a day and feel great. I wouldn't take it too near bedtime tho as it can be stimulating. I try to get all my sulfur in before 5pm so I am not awake near bedtime. Hope that helps someone. For me, this is one supplement that just works.

According to the product description on that site, the organic sulfur crystals are MSM.

amethyst

According to the product description on that site, the organic sulfur crystals are MSM.
It is MSM, but it's a different form from just MSM tablets. It's the pure form, as I understand it. The gentleman in the video describes why the pure organic form is superior to others. That's what I have been using and what has been working for me. I think I am becoming a sulfur fanatic because it seems to really help, and I can't say that about other supplements I am taking or have taken in the past.

I think it has to do with the "method" of how it is produced, according to the website's information. It says it's "distilled" thus making it "pure". Other MSM products are not distilled I guess.