narouz said:
You're brave, kettle!
Keep us posted.

In the meantime,
this is rather courage-building.
It is called:
"The Sulfur Chronicles"
https://sites.google.com/site/windintheroses/sulfur

Ok, My brimstone arrived today and I chugged a very respectable large pinch, twice. It says a heaped teaspoon is about 15gm so I must have had about 3gm or so. The package has a lovely picture of a horse so if I wake up in the morning craving Hay I know something has gone horribly wrong.

I found the taste neutral really. Not nice but not offensive. A sip of OJ made that go away immediately.

I will do this for 3 days and see what effect it has.

Rachel

Re: Heart Pounding Palpitations From Thyroid Supplement Log

narouz said:
In trying to rally our courage to try the internal sulfur caper...
"A Pinch" doesn't sound too scary.

I wonder, if you took "a pinch" x 3,
would that amount to about a teaspoon?
Hi, narouz!

3 pinches would be quite a bit less than a teaspoon.
A pinch of an ingredient is the tiny bit your pick up between the tip of your index finger and thumb.
If you were to measure a pinch, it would be between 1/16 and 1/8 of a teaspoon.

narouz

Rachel said:
narouz said:
In trying to rally our courage to try the internal sulfur caper...
"A Pinch" doesn't sound too scary.

I wonder, if you took "a pinch" x 3,
would that amount to about a teaspoon?
Hi, narouz!

3 pinches would be quite a bit less than a teaspoon.
A pinch of an ingredient is the tiny bit your pick up between the tip of your index finger and thumb.
If you were to measure a pinch, it would be between 1/16 and 1/8 of a teaspoon.

I don't know, Rachel.
It must depend upon one's pinchability.
Looks like kettebell is gettin' in the ballpark:

kettlebell said:
Ok, My brimstone arrived today and I chugged a very respectable large pinch, twice. It says a heaped teaspoon is about 15gm so I must have had about 3gm or so.

If a heaped teaspoon is about 15gm.
Let's say a level teaspoon would be about 12gm.
A third of a teaspoon would be about 4gm.
kettle says he guesses he's doing about 3gm per pinch...

...I know...kettlebell probably has enormous thumbs and forefingers.... :lol:

narouz

You know when guy's take a pinch of "Chaw"
and stick it in between their cheek and gum...
that looks like more than an 1/8 of a teaspoon stickin' out the side of their face! :D

Rachel

narouz said:
You know when guy's take a pinch of "Chaw"
and stick it in between their cheek and gum...
that looks like more than an 1/8 of a teaspoon stickin' out the side of their face! :D
Ooooooooo, yuck-o. THAT is definitely more than an 1/8th of a teaspoon.
These* come in handy for recipes.

*Not recommended for "chaw" use.

Attachments

• When you need a pinch..jpg
    When you need a pinch..jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 1,180
OP
K

kettlebell

Strange goings on last night. Several hours after first dose of Sulphur:

Stomach was rumbling all night and it felt like my intestine was moving and bubbling, very noisy haha. Didn't sleep very well but that wasn't necessarily anything to do with that. The other thing was I became incredibly thirsty as the evening went one and wasn't able to quench it. I had used ample salt etc so don't think I was craving that. I woke up parched. Not had that before!

I don't know whether to suspect parasites. Interesting.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I had rumblings and bubblings going on all night too and I usually dont have them.

Oh well, another pinch going down today.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Is it going to be a narouz size pinch, or how about a KB pinch? Or maybe even a Rachel size pinch?? :lol:

I was on a reddit thread the other day and they were talking about worms in fish. And asian people were saying how its part of their yearly routine that they go to the doctor and take a pill for parasites, some other asians jumped in and said it was twice a year. They said they thought it was weird that we dont do anything for parasites here as regular practice in the USA.

OP
K

kettlebell

Charlie said:
Is it going to be a narouz size pinch, or how about a KB pinch? Or maybe even a Rachel size pinch?? :lol:

I was on a reddit thread the other day and they were talking about worms in fish. And asian people were saying how its part of their yearly routine that they go to the doctor and take a pill for parasites, some other asians jumped in and said it was twice a year. They said they thought it was weird that we dont do anything for parasites here as regular practice in the USA.

Thats interesting, It does make you wonder if, for that reason, parasites are probably a silent issue for a large amount of westerners.

Also, No negative issue with the amount of Sulphur I took. I will do the same later. I have been reading various sites, blogs and forums and it seems a general consensus is that 1/2 a teaspoon seems to be a normal dose. I think for that sort of amount mixing it with sugar would be a good idea. I also read that it used to be common for orphanages to give the kids a spoonful with a bit of sugar on a regular basis, im not sure how true that is.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Well I have heard the argument here that we worm and parasite rid all our animals, cats, dogs, horses, etc etc. But, we don't do it to ourselves.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Took a narouz size pinch today because like KB said after looking around the web the common dose is 1/2 to 1 tsp. No rumbles yet, but I did have a sulfur burp today. :lol:

OP
K

kettlebell

Charlie said:
Took a narouz size pinch today because like KB said after looking around the web the common dose is 1/2 to 1 tsp. No rumbles yet, but I did have a sulfur burp today. :lol:

Did it look like this? That would be cool!

fire05.jpg

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
How did you get my picture? You must be a wizard! :rolling

Rachel

kettlebell said:
I think for that sort of amount mixing it with sugar would be a good idea. I also read that it used to be common for orphanages to give the kids a spoonful with a bit of sugar on a regular basis, im not sure how true that is.
For a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down.

Medicine go dow-wown, medicine go down.

Just a spoonful of sugar makes the medicine go down

in the most delightful way.

:mrgreen:

Ray-Z

kettlebell said:
It turns their blood to sulfuric acid which I thought was pretty cool.

That's a fabulous (and deeply satisfying) image. One moment, your parasites are chilling, eating your nutrients, and thinking, "We have a pretty good life." The next moment: "MOTHER OF GOD! I'M BURNING!"

Charlie said:
And asian people were saying how its part of their yearly routine that they go to the doctor and take a pill for parasites, some other asians jumped in and said it was twice a year. They said they thought it was weird that we dont do anything for parasites here as regular practice in the USA.

On the contrary, of course we do something for parasites in the U.S.: We elect them to Congress. :mrgreen:

OP
K

kettlebell

Ray-Z said:
kettlebell said:
It turns their blood to sulfuric acid which I thought was pretty cool.

That's a fabulous (and deeply satisfying) image. One moment, your parasites are chilling, eating your nutrients, and thinking, "We have a pretty good life." The next moment: "MOTHER OF GOD! I'M BURNING!"

Charlie said:
And asian people were saying how its part of their yearly routine that they go to the doctor and take a pill for parasites, some other asians jumped in and said it was twice a year. They said they thought it was weird that we dont do anything for parasites here as regular practice in the USA.

On the contrary, of course we do something for parasites in the U.S.: We elect them to Congress. :mrgreen:

:lol:

Birdie

I've checked amazon and the Flowers of Sulfur are discontinued. (They have discontinued Thiroyd from Thailand too.)
Would you mind saying where are you all getting yours? Our local supplement store doesn't carry FOS either.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals