Florida: What's going on. A thread for news updates.

OP
B

Birdie

? Yesterday I attended a DeSantis press briefing in Williston, Florida, where the Governor announced Florida’s historic giant budget surplus along with his brilliant new initiative to fund Florida’s rural communities. One county was noticeably absent from the long list of counties and cities in the area receiving grants: my lunatic county, Alachua, which maniacally declared political war on its own state government in March, 2020.

The moral of the story seems to be: insurrectionists don’t get grants. Smooth move, Alachua County.

The Governor also announced that he is ready and plans to sign a bill authorizing Constitutional carry in Florida, as soon as it is presented to him. Over 25 states now have Constitutional carry laws, another unnoticed side-effect and hidden blessing of the pandemic.

OP
B

Birdie

? *COVID IN FLORIDA AND ALACHUA COUNTY* ?​

The latest Florida covid report continues to show a small seasonal wave of cases, with VERY low deaths (13) and a small bump in hospitalizations. I added booster statistics to the chart since first-time jabs are scraping the bottom and aren’t very interesting. Considering how many folks in Florida are jabbed (over ten million), 45,822 boosters is pretty lame. They don’t seem to be too popular, for some reason.

Coffee & Covid - Monday, May 9th

LeeLemonoil

Support that guy with all you have. The World can only hope to improve the mess we’re in if US-Americans set the path.

OP
B

Birdie

From Jeff Childers @ Coffee & Covid - Wednesday, May 25

?‍♂️ Governor DeSantis held a press conference earlier this week, again touting “Infrastructure Improvements,” which means investments in rural cities and counties. Unlike yesterday’s story about the home buying help, which I felt somewhat ambivalent about, I like this effort. DeSantis has been at this for several weeks now. Using the budget surplus to build up Florida’s smaller towns and rural counties could have enormous long-term benefits to the state.

Normally, the political gravity of the large metro areas would suck in all the extra money. It’s politically courageous for DeSantis to use the money to help rural communities.

Inaut

?‍♂️ Governor DeSantis held a press conference earlier this week, again touting “Infrastructure Improvements,” which means investments in rural cities and counties. Unlike yesterday’s story about the home buying help, which I felt somewhat ambivalent about, I like this effort. DeSantis has been at this for several weeks now. Using the budget surplus to build up Florida’s smaller towns and rural counties could have enormous long-term benefits to the state.

Normally, the political gravity of the large metro areas would suck in all the extra money. It’s politically courageous for DeSantis to use the money to help rural communities.
Getting Florida ready to become a smart city...

Regina

It is definitely the land that time forgot outside the metro areas in FL.
Much more so than say a couple hrs outside Manhattan. Yes. Those towns are filled with guys with mullets, 70's cars with 8 track players, VHS rental stores.

But they have nothing on rural Florida.

I just had a couple of fellas leave who trapped armadillos for me. They were tearing up my garden beds.
Very sweet guys treating the animals humanely and gently. But they think we are martians with 3 heads in terms of life experience and who we are.

They did invite us gator hunting though.
They regularly eat gator meat--lassoing gators and shooting them in the head.
Racoons, wild pigs and deer.

It's very common for locals to have zero to do with the modern world. And it's not by choice like the agorist movement.
They just know of no other way and seem completely oblivious to it.
They will definitely not want it to change or any "improvements."

OP
B

Birdie

Getting Florida ready to become a smart city...
You know, there's been a lot about Florida's Governor's standing up to this WHO danger, but are you optimistic?

OP
B

Birdie

It is definitely the land that time forgot outside the metro areas in FL.
Much more so than say a couple hrs outside Manhattan. Yes. Those towns are filled with guys with mullets, 70's cars with 8 track players, VHS rental stores.

But they have nothing on rural Florida.

I just had a couple of fellas leave who trapped armadillos for me. They were tearing up my garden beds.
Very sweet guys treating the animals humanely and gently. But they think we are martians with 3 heads in terms of life experience and who we are.

They did invite us gator hunting though.
They regularly eat gator meat--lassoing gators and shooting them in the head.
Racoons, wild pigs and deer.

It's very common for locals to have zero to do with the modern world. And it's not by choice like the agorist movement.
They just know of no other way and seem completely oblivious to it.
They will definitely not want it to change or any "improvements."
Really interesting. There are a lot of sweet people out there with no connection to modern life. I didn't say that very well. I'm reminded of the people we heard of during our 2 years in NW Arkansas. Squirrel pie, tacos. Festivals of it. We missed it but it was well known.

David PS

Peatful

Have you seen this?

Probably not.

Sex trafficking. Sex with minors. Satanic rituals.

4C36F4AD-6543-4ADF-BCF0-CFFE05ACB205.png
2B26F782-523B-42F6-B1AF-4A63CEFED0CB.png

OP
B

Birdie

OP
B

Birdie

Inaut

North vs South set up....???

Regina

North vs South set up....???
It does seem like part of a grand school play.
I'm in FL and a big fan of DeSantis. I want to believe it is a real battle.
My neighborhood has many liberals who think he is a mad man who should be removed.

So, even if it is wysiwyg, it's not going to be an easy fort to hold.

David PS

Regina

Other than the low elevation, Florida is beautiful and everything grows like crazy.
The whole place is practically empty north of Palm Beach county.

I do not find it "unlivably hot" (as Ray once said). Mid-June and it is lovely out with cool evening breezes.

Lots of little towns I've never heard of:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3b44iF2mWY

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom