Florida: What's going on. A thread for news updates.

David PS

OP
B

Birdie

? Yesterday, Governor Ron DeSantis signed a new law supporting programs that, get ready for it, encourage FATHERHOOD. You remember fatherhood, right? Fatherhood is like a bicycle that a fish doesn’t need or something. But humans aren’t fish.

HB 7065 allocates $70 million dollars for initiatives creating educational and mentorship programs to help kids, fathers and families in the state. Florida’s Department of Juvenile Justice will create a mentorship program for at-risk youth, and DCF will launch a statewide campaign about the importance of fatherhood, and will support nonprofit organizations that help fathers stay engaged and connect with their kids.

Promoting fatherhood to groups who’ve historically received the exact opposite message from government seems like an improvement, and most national media seemed to grudgingly allow it as a positive development. DeSantis is clearly — and smartly — pursuing a pro-parent, pro-kid, pro-family agenda. Former NFL head coach Tony Dungy spoke along with Governor DeSantis at the remarkable signing conference, watch it if you have five minutes.

Among other things, Dungy said, “I asked, how do those young boys (19, 20, 21) get [sent to prison]? And he told me it’s not socio-economic, it’s not racial, it’s not education, it’s none of that. 95% of these boys did not grow up with their dad.” Imagine that.

But Florida Democrats accused Governor DeSantis of being racist and anti-gay for signing the bill. Please don’t ask me to explain that. I haven’t had enough coffee yet.

OP
B

Birdie

?‍♂️ While signing a bill expanding funding for foster care programs yesterday, Florida Governor Ron DeSantis responded to a question from reporters about mask mandates returning in some parts of the country. DeSantis said, “As long as I sit in the chair in which I sit, no Floridian will be restricted, mandated, or locked down in any possible way.”

OP
B

Birdie

From Jeff Childers today. Bolded parts are by me... A longer than usual newsletter with this Florida news:

? Finally, some terrifically-understated news for the pandemic. Governor DeSantis didn’t officially acknowledge the meeting, but some folks online reported that the Governor lunched with Dr. Vladimir Zelenko this week to discuss Covid issues.

To many, Zelenko is a hero of the pandemic, having suggested alternative treatments to Covid from the earliest days, and having controversially been rabidly and consistently anti-jab. He recently announced on Gettr he’d had the meeting with DeSantis (and he’s also moved to Florida), but then quickly deleted the post without explanation. Given a picture of the two men and the hastily-removed post, it seems likely the meeting occurred.

Just because the men met does NOT mean that DeSantis necessarily endorses anything Zelenko says or suggests, just like my speaking events next week with a variety of Covid docs doesn’t mean that I necessarily agree with each of their particular views. But it DOES mean that DeSantis remains willing to consider any and all information on Covid treatment prevention.

Governor DeSantis is a smart guy who makes his own decisions. It’s terrific news that he is still seeking out and listening to as many ideas as possible to handle this pandemic, which clearly won’t be over till we pry it out of Fauci’s withered digits. So this meeting is terrific news, showing Governor DeSantis is still in the fight and is still leading on Covid.

Peatful

1109551A-6957-456E-9409-F6390C62FE7C.png

OP
B

Birdie

Oh, I see it is being brought up. That's still a huge step.

OP
B

Birdie

Peatful

522E0C69-49EB-4A0D-8F38-9A424F89CF20.png

Peatful

Peatful

Edit: shared this with my husband and he said that 200,000,000 seems very low. They should owe more - lol.

@Peatful
Tell him that I think they lost almost 2B in shareholders and endorsements bailing on them because of their “education” of young viewers in pushing the trans agenda.
Don’t quote me- but they lost a lot.

Lollipop2

Tell him that I think they lost almost 2B in shareholders and endorsements bailing on them because of their “education” of young viewers in pushing the trans agenda.
Don’t quote me- but they lost a lot.
Yep. I bet. Also they are so deeply committed with land, infrastructure etc in Florida it would kill the company to try and move. They screwed themselves so badly.

OP
B

Birdie

"Corporations like Disney have now crossed the line into the realm of open indoctrination; asserting that they will upend any Florida law that prevents the sexualization and indoctrination of children into the leftist fold. Disney picked a fight; they strutted around as if they owned the state, and now they are paying the price by losing the very subsidies that made them successful."

"Disney has enjoyed extensive subsidies and special incentives from Florida through their Reedy Creek municipality agreement. Of course, when this deal was signed Disney was not seen as a hostile entity that would seek to supplant Florida’s legislature and voters."

OP
B

Birdie

? The Tampa Bay Times published a surprising article yesterday headlined, “Ron DeSantis’ Fight With Disney Helped Him Break Fundraising Records.” The left-leaning paper explained that the Governor has raised about $105 million dollars through the end of March, largely in small donations. That amount sets a record in Florida politics, not least of all for someone like DeSantis, who is not personally wealthy and is unable to self-fund.

With more than seven months left, DeSantis has already raised more than double his 2018 total. The three democrats running against DeSantis have only raised a combined $16 million, which more than anything highlights a certain lack of enthusiasm on the democrat side.

Tallahassee lobbyist and DeSantis fundraiser Nick Iarossi credited the Governor’s covid policies for turning him into a national foil against “lockdown” states and Joe Biden’s Administration. “Whether it’s $10 or larger, people want to be part of the campaign,” he explained. “A lot of times governors are really relatively unknown outside their state … [DeSantis’] name ID nationally is very high.”

Although you’d never have expected a Florida politician to take on Disney and survive, much less set fundraising records, that is exactly what happened. Thanks, Disney!

From Coffee & Covid

OP
B

Birdie

? Speaking of Governor DeSantis, he signed a major election-integrity bill yesterday that creates a special new elections police force, criminalizes Zuckerbucks and ballot harvesting, and requires election supervisors to update voter lists more frequently.

Twitter avatar for @GovRonDeSantisRon DeSantis @GovRonDeSantis

April 25th 2022
3,671 Retweets21,859 Likes

It’s been a bad week for Florida democrats. Earlier this week in a special session, Republicans passed a bill removing Disney’s special tax district and approving new electoral maps that increase republican seats. Widely-shared videos show democrat lawmakers protesting the bill by screaming incoherently and falling on the chamber floor in Tallahassee.

OP
B

Birdie

Not Florida, but reported by Jeff Childers:
? Ivermectin can now be purchased over the counter without a prescription in Tennessee, after Governor Bill Lee signed a new bill into law.

Peatful

Ok.

Im leaving this here in great hope that someone can please post the one they did with Clinton. And Biden. And Hunter. And Schumer. Et al.

It’s so funny and so good.

Post or DM me if you find it.

View: https://youtu.be/VfCYZ3pks48

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom