Flonase Nasal Spray

DesertRat

Flonase is supposed to block histamine, tryptases, chemokines, cytokines, prostaglandins and leukotrienes. Any experiences with it? Anyone know if it contains something harmful to Peat-inspired goals? I can't find it mentioned in any discussions. My Doc prescribed it for fluid in my sinuses pressing on my ear, which isn't going away from the other things I'm doing, and I'm trying to decide whether to get it or not.

Also, how do tryptases contribute to allergic type symptoms? And is it good to block cytokines, chemokines, and such when there are both anti-inflammatory and pro-inflammatory types?

O

oldfriend

An osteopath told me there’s very little systemic absorption of Flonase and nasonex. I can’t breathe through my nose many days, and these are the only things I’ve used that work dependably. I wonder if the trade-off for being able to breathe through my nose and not mouth is justified?

You can always breathe through your nose.

Find a Buteyko coach to help you.

If you close your mouth and exhale and refuse to inhale, your nose will open up. Maybe with a little help. But you do not need Flonase. The “systemic absorption is low” is a drug company myth. It’s all absorbed systemically. Where else would it go?

When I was a coach for Buteyko sometimes it was advantageous for someone to be on cortiosteroids for a short time (there is a protocol for this) and I would tell them to use an asthma inhaler or Flonase for this purpose as it’s over-the-counter in the USA and just the same really as taking a prednisone tablet.

GorillaHead

I use flonase i hope no permanent bad affects. I have allergies. And even tho they have tremendously reduced. Flonase really helps.

GorillaHead

Bump any alternatives to flonase. If i domt use it. My nose stops functioning. The adrenaline based nasal sprays work so well i can breathe like a god. But i cant use those all the time. And flonase takes time to work.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals